PDA

View Full Version : AE86DC May Competition

Nicko
1st May 2011, 01:26 AM
Welcome to the AE86DC May 2011 competition... (we are going to run a competition every month)

There will be FOUR prizes given away by the end of this week !

1st Place - AE86DC Gildan Hoodie
2nd Place - AE86DC Gildan T-Shirt
3rd Place - AE86DC (retro) Beanie
4th Place - AE86DC Acrylic Keyring

To enter, you must reply to this thread with a short story about your first experience with an AE86 or xE7x. Corolla The story must be true and not fictional, but extra points will be given to those who manage to make it interesting or those who post a photo that is relevant to their story!

You have until Saturday the 7th of May to enter.

I will pick the best four stories and post out the prizes on Monday the 9th of May.

Cheers

Nick

Jdm-Mcc
1st May 2011, 02:10 AM
I went passenger in my mates ordinary ke70 to discover it had go-kart like handiling and some sweet sweet induction from a twin webered 5k. I jizzed in my pants, jizz jizz jizz in my pants!

And because of that I am a member of this site and since have discovered the awesomeness that is the *e6*/ *e7* chassis

Behold said go-kart

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/6/6/56022.jpg

pen15
1st May 2011, 11:28 AM
the first time i ever seen a ke70 was in the Woolworths car park in Caringbarh a friend of mine owned it it was red and black two tone the shittest paint work you have ever seen the funny thing was he used to take the thing off moto jumps and the thing was bent like a banana the doors barley shut the thing was noticeabley bent i fell in love with the shape fr layout for skids rack and pinion sussy and sprung all round from there my love for the e7x fell into the ae86 now i love em all when i saved up a bit of money and found the wright one i bought my own witch i have had for almost 5 years and has gone through many stages in its life i love it and would rather wright it off then sell it

don't have a pic of the shitter one but mine is all over my build thread

dr1ft-pig
1st May 2011, 12:32 PM
it all started at the honda dealership i was working at, one of the mechanics bought a rustbucket ae86, told me he wanted to sell it, my cousin came to mind as he had just sold his motorbike so i hooked him up to buy it.

i drove the car a few times and just had to have one, so i then bought my own 16v powered 86 off this forum back in 2005 and been a member ever since, trolled for info and posted my own as the project went on and ended up with a 180rwhp n/a monster :) and here i am

Danzo
1st May 2011, 01:19 PM
Once upon a time, There was a family that owned a trusty steed of an AE71, complete with a MR T toyota dealership sticker on the dash, now this family had decided to downgrade to a Holden Apollo and offered it to yours truly for the princely sum of $100 (143.46 Deutschmark). I rapidly dispatched to the bank and appropriated the dollars, as I was in desperate need of a car (I had rolled my 120y into a guard rail and the police didnt like the fact that the doors didnt line up with the chassis anymore).
Once the transaction was complete, I drove around for a while, hating the fact that i was driving a shitbox corolla while all my friends had sweet rides like kingswoods and VL 5 speeds with nismo stickers, until one fateful night when I accidentally ventured down a dirt road, from there things would never be the same again. I started toying with the ideas of modifying the corolla, first the chopped springs, then the locker, then one day i decided to service it and replace the 350,000km old oil, this is where things took a turn for the worst, the fresh oil did a worse job of lubricating than the old vegemite that was in there, causing a dreadful bottom end knock and eventual not working of the motor, stranded on the side of the road, I whistled for a cab and when it came near the
License plate said "fresh" and had a dice in the mirror
If anything I could say that this cab was rare
But I thought nah, forget it, yo homes to Bel-air!

I pulled up to a house about seven or eight
And I yelled to the cabby "Yo, homes smell you later!"
Looked at my kingdom I was finally there
To sit on my throne as the prince of Bel-air

trikzlane
1st May 2011, 08:24 PM
i fell in love with ae86's at first when watching alot of japanese videos, then i meet sonny (SONSTA) through tafe and saw his ke70. the simplicity of the car and how good it looked made me fall in love with this four door sedan, ever since then i always wanted one, so looked for ages to find the right one. the funny thing about it was i never even thought of drifting it, i just loved the 80's toyota styling of car. the ae86 will always be my favorite but with the ke70, i loved the fact that its a four door and i can forclaim "family drift status" :)

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/8/68661.jpg

meadan
1st May 2011, 09:15 PM
My first experience with an ae86 was when I was in year 8 (roughly 9 years ago). One of the senior guys had this old beat up corolla looking thing that he drove to school, it had some random blue bumper on it, and primer on most panels. He used to rip mad single leggers up the road and pretty much drive it like he didnt care. I had no idea what it was, except that it said sprinter on one of the taillights, and it looked awesome :P

Clearly everyone else drooled over the integras and crx's that the other guys had, but for some reason I knew that I'd own a sprinter one day.

From there I just googled stuff and tried to find out more about it. Being in year 8, everyone else was pretty obsessed with hot 4s and all the auto salon style cars were huge at that time. I found an old magazine which had a red sprinter with the plates 'DOHC', that was pretty much my inspiration for what I dreamt of having.

From there througout school I found more and more stuff online. I actually joined on the old ae86dc forums in year 12. My year 12 artwork was actually a pop art style print of the origin ae86. I had photos of it on the old forums i think.
Then I finished school, got a job and went through quite a few cars because at the time an ae86 was reasonably expensive.

My first car was a T18, and after I got rid of that, I knew sooner or later Id finally get an ae86.
A couple of years (and lots of cars) later, I had the chance to get one, and now its in the garage. I probably wont keep it forever, but theres just something about which makes me like it so much.

70rolla
1st May 2011, 10:34 PM
hooning through the shire with a few mates on petrol scooters we ended up in tarenpoint flying down this long road taking in the sceneary i noticed a rather striking yet rat rodish car it looked cool sat low, matt black in couler with these dished wheels red centres it was cool ii didnt know what it was or who owned it but it was awesome..about a week later a mate and i were once again honking around on these scooters we were back in tarenpoint waiting to cross a set of lights when we hear this car getting the shit reved out of to make it around the corner and through the lights it was the car staring at it as it came around the lights and exited sideways we gave a cheer and the driver loved it. after riding back and forth past the house where this car was parked the owner was out the front so we pulled up for a chat

turned out the car was a ke70 corolla and the guy who owned it was beau yates brother well a few nights later he took us for a spin and the minuete i got home i began searching and reading up all i could on these ke's it was over a year i trolled through forumsa dn the internet looking up these cars then a mate of myn bought one it was a rust bucket (really bad) but even so i liked it when i told my dad i wanted one he laughed and said why the f@*k would you want one of them there nothing but rust boxs....for months i asked and asked and finnaly he said if your going to buy one of those shit boxs as your first car the thing better not have one spec of rust it better be the best you will ever find ....so the search was on and eventually one poped up it looked tidy but was in canberra at a car yard so i called up the car yard it was at and asked if i could send my mate down to have a look the guy said no problems how about i take it to him so he did he drove it down to mates shop fitzpatrick speed works and my mate aaron took it for a spin it was wet apparently that day and after some angled action he took it back went over the car and called me and said he couldnt find any rust and it was pritty clean shortly followed by an explosive "buy it" so i sold my petrol scooter for a fair quid ....and a week later i got off the bus from school and it was sitting in my front yard .....................now i spend every dollar on it and am broke most of the time due to this problem but its all funhttp://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/9/0/7/68682.jpg

my ke ...so far
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/9/0/7/63797.jpg

Pidgey
2nd May 2011, 12:26 PM
I used to be really into VL commodores when I was young and didn't know any better. I had already picked out my first car, a blue VL that was my dad's friends. Was really close to buying it a couple times actually.
When I was 14 I was given a rusty old flat front KE70 wagon with a four speed. I put a new water pump on it, cut the exhaust at the diff and proceeded to do third gear fishtails in the paddock. It was this rusty old corolla that taught me the basics of car control, how to do handbrake entries, how to use weight to get the ass out, and over all it just gave me the most fun a 14 year old kid could have. I was a bit of a hell raiser in those days and when my friend's discovered I had a car they all wanted me to sneak out at night and pick them up and cruise the streets. Being eager to please I did exactly that. The hardest task was pushing the car away from the house so I didn't wake my mother (no exhaust= FUCKOFF LOUD)
So there I was, being the coolest kid out in my rusted out unregistered KE70 wagon with no exhaust, waking the whole city up at 2am. This was all cool until one night when I was driving on a windy dirt road with a friend. Handbraked into a corner at like 70KMH and proceeded to get beached on a massive gutter. If it wasn't for a random passerby in a hilux I would have been slaughtered by my mother. That was the last night I went out.
Said corolla has since been sold to a friend for $100, who then put it into a tree. Poor thing :(
I then stumbled across this site and my love for Japanese 80's cars started.

regginblack
2nd May 2011, 01:49 PM
My interest in ae86's started when I used to watch HPI and later
on option DVDs as a young teen. From there I fell I'n love with them, religiously
watched initial D and D1 rounds that I could find off the net. A few years went by and by chance at work I met a skinny redhead kid who when I asked what car he owned replied Toyota ae86. I paused, thinking wait, did this kid just say what I think he said? Anyway turns out that this skinny kid who is now one of
my closest mates had a trueno coupe, and two Levins. My first experience with the car would have been going passenger in it for a short session. At that
Moment, the noise, the feel and the smell all made me realise I had to have one. So I began to save up and look for a clean shell about two years ago, and eventually found the Adm levin that I now own. While my experience with the car has been both good and bad, there are a whole bunch of people that I've met and become
Friends with through owning and sliding the car that I wouldn't trade for a second. I intend to either write off the car or hand it down to my kids (if/when I have some), but I will never sell it. Simply means too much to me, and don't think I could handle someone else owning it.

McLEVIN
2nd May 2011, 03:04 PM
My first experience with 86s comes with owning one. I fell in love with them from playing “GRID”. I have always liked Toyotas and it is exactly what wanted, small sporty hatch and RWD BABY!!!...so I bought one, it has caused nothing but great joy and immense heartache.
Well I joined ae86dc, rollaclub, trolled for a couple of months got to know the basics. Then I found one on carsales
http://i51.tinypic.com/2hd1c9u.jpg
I went to have a look and organised to buy it however he sold it as I went to put a deposit down, then a couple of months past and the same one came back up for sale. Determined not to let the same thing happen again I bought there and then for the same price as before but with upgraded cams WIN!! http://i53.tinypic.com/6z0rjq.jpg
This being my first manual car, I spent the next few days driving around the block until I confident to drive it, LIFE WAS GREAT. http://i55.tinypic.com/j60wp2.jpg
Then I got the “drift bug” so I started taking it out to the local tra*cough* industrial area…and one fateful night I hit a fence and damaged the front end, bent rad support and rails……..saaaadface! http://i54.tinypic.com/1zguljd.jpg
Upon closer inspection I realised it had signs of a previous crash. So I did a dodgy and bodged it up and decided ill drive the shit outta it till it dies and ill do a rebuild…..then came the DEFECT *insert horror music. Meanwhile I started seeing this fly girl,
http://i53.tinypic.com/156saxi.jpg
she was like OH OH OH OOOOH MY GOD! (note 86s get all the bitches). One night it was parked at her house…I was inside errr playing um xbox and her ex BF, jealous of my 86, http://i54.tinypic.com/2gvmx5e.jpg (commodore driver), throws a brick through the window.
…now it sits in my driveway defected looking rather sorry for itself, and the girl I was seeing has now gone back to her douche bag ex. Extreme saaaaaaaaadface! Oh well I have learnt a very valuable lesson out of this. Contrary to popular belief 86’s infact do not get all the bitches.

willa
2nd May 2011, 05:04 PM
Throughout highschool everyone wanted como's and falcons, and I wanted something that I could modify myself and make into a more spirited driving sort of car. My solution: a manual gemi.
Now my mechanic, who was fixing up a red spirit for his daughter, and his neighbour/best mate (both in their 40's/50's) offered to get me parts for the gem. The neighbor (main guy to this story) had a heaps of spares lying around as his son had a tweaked one.
Now this bloke had these two cars that were his alternating daily's, and they happened to be 2 adm sprinters, still 4ac with upwards of 300 on the clock, both with 14x6 performance wheels and konis, sensibly modded. He also had another 3 in his backyard, which were for wrecking. Even though i spent a lot of time driving them in nfs underground, they got me! and I wanted to know everything! Stories a many, turns out he used to have an ae71 panel van that he had pretty dialed but got written off, so the suspension was in the blue adm.
Say what? Corolla stuff fitted sprinters and vice versa?
So not be able to afford an 86, i started looking for an e7 and the rest is history. Along the years he has let me borrow them (like when the rolla blew a head gasket) and go for little fangs (I recall a clutched u-turn and lost my shit on how it responded and handled) and he still has them. Hopefully I will own one of them one day.

Here's a pic of one (sorry bout shit phone darky)

http://tapatalk.com/mu/6eaf4076-4819-b898.jpg

Will.

Vance
3rd May 2011, 12:18 AM
i needed a 4 cylinder car because i was going back to studying full time and was low on cash. i wanted a 2 door because my mates always jumped in with me because i had a 4 door which added to fuel costs.

i typed toyota coupe into ebay and found an ae86. it was rusty as hell with no rego, missing interior pieces, 4ac all for $1000. i went and took it for a test drive and decided i liked the car but didnt want that one. i wanted one with rego, no rust and having a full interior. i didnt realise until later that they all were pretty much like that one i saw apart from engines. rusty, missing interior pieces, no rego or defected or by some miracle had a dodgey pink slip.

marvis
3rd May 2011, 10:42 AM
This video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8W5lR-tLi4

My first personal experience was with my own.

ae8620v
3rd May 2011, 11:04 AM
my first and current ae86, i used to have a r32 4 door with an rb25de and was asked if i wanted to swap for an ae86 with a s/t 20v, it had open throttle bodies with t3 stacks, it has an adaptronic e420c running way too rich and a big exhaust leak causing it to stall. the first time i went to look at it he started it up and it was running rough i said to keep it running and at this point neither of us knew it had a tiny pin hole leak in the fuel line and was spraying fuel mist up in front of #2 throttle body, the car got real lumpy and stalled throwing a massive backfire flame straight out throttle body #2 and the whole engine bay caught fire at this time the bonnet was down but un latched, both me and the guy who at that time owned it were running around not knowing what to do, then the other guy opens the bonnet letting fresh air in which made the fire break out massivly, i ran out to my r32 grabbed the fire fire extinguisher and caked the whole engine bay in pvc powder, that afternoon i drove home in my burnt busted ass ae86 20v, and have spent the past year fixing it up, to this day that has been the worst experience i have had while buying a car and the funniest and i still own it to this day and love it.

Rice86
3rd May 2011, 01:09 PM
My brother "redsprinter" forum member of the old and new, "John" bought his first ae86, light blue back in year 2002-2003?
Drove it hard, had a 4AC and put a massive hole in the block, i have no idea how that happened but it did, hole was a little smaller then a tennis ball
He then soon bought a Red Sprinter with a 4age and the light blue sprinter was on the driveway for months
i was in about grade 9 i think or 10 in high school about that time
so he slowly parted out the light blue shell...interior, seat-belts, quarter glass plastic covers, seats, everything every other sprinter owner wanted (remember this part of the story)
so it came down to almost a bare rolling shell, thats when i was like "stuff this im going to bring it back", bought a 4AC off another forum member at the time, pick it up, that 4AC sat in the backyard for years to come
started to sus out the rust on the light blue shell..was not much at the time, only the rear beaver panel where the rear bar hangs off (general ae86 rust spot)
later on the shell would be sold and long gone
fast forward about 1 year and few months, brother got a hold of 180sx type x, and i drove the Redsprinter around, crashed it, a mechanic friend decided to buy the car and do a quick fix to just drive it around
the red sprinter passenger front guard was damaged, i did it, but it got replaced with passenger guard off the lightblue shell, later found that this same mechanic had the redsprinter+the light blue shell+another purple shell he bought, someone else unfinished project
in about 2007-2008, i bought my first AE86, navy blue sprinter with 4age conversion, drove it around, sold whatever left spares of ae86 parts i had, (i remember selling the rear speak interior peace to a forum member which drove a gun metal gray turbo sprinter, more on this later) motor was getting old, did not break i might add!, but decided to swap to a more newer motor, bought a 4age off another member, and got ripped off, motor was not running as he claimed it were to be, and didn't want to go to jail for burning his house down, i sucked it up and saved whatever money i had for another 4age...My car then sat on the driveway for 6months before i had enough money for a another 4age, put that in, drove great, car ran out of Rego very shortly, sat on the drive way again for a few more months

During around the same time, my brothers 180sx got ridden off, got paid out and he was on a hunt for another turbo car. getting off track here but story goes, he ended up buying the Gun Metal Grey Sprinter i sold my back speaker interior too...amazing how much of sluts sprinters can be LOL

So a new year came by, and i was in a position with a little more money, so decided to do a full home job DIY rebuild
stripped out My sprinter to only find out that the shell was beyond rust repair.
Then i remembered our old mechanical mate with all our old sprinters, called him up and he sold the redsprinter away, but still had 2 of the other sprinter shell, went to have a look
the purple one was way over the top, but the light blue shell looked like it had not aged one bit, it sat in Australias weather conditions with no cover over it's head for a good 4years by now and has not aged one bit! the Project began

when the project started, unable to find pictures of this before the 4ac blew and got sold off
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/8849/image002zln.jpg (http://img7.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image002zln.jpg)

this was a machine!
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/0/3/1/68769.jpg (http://img651.imageshack.us/i/redsprinter.png/)

Was truly the best 180sx out there in Australia, immaculate and original paint from Nissan, the rims were sold to a blue s15 driver that drifts in NSW, im sure people would know this guy and recognize these rims, this is who he bought it off =p
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2741/blue180.png (http://img10.imageshack.us/i/blue180.png/)

My dark navy ae86 and sisters Trueno
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/0/3/1/68771.jpg (http://img857.imageshack.us/i/ae86ss.png/)

AE86 20v silvertop, trueno with badass 16v
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/717/ae86s.png (http://img7.imageshack.us/i/ae86s.png/)

Nice! how all ae86 should be like
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/0/3/1/68773.jpg (http://img706.imageshack.us/i/trueno.png/)

so while doing the rebuild of the new shell etc etc..Our younger sister bought a JDM trueno, which later came as my daily driver as she could user public transport to and from work and i couldnt, the 4age in this Trueno then spun a bottom end bearing, we dropped another 4age into this and was driving for a while, and then that 4age spun a bottom end bearing not to long after..

by this time, my 16v 4age engine for my shell had been completely rebuilt fresh and ground up to a high comp engine, but i could not get the ECU wired to work the engine for some reason.
An engine package came up for sale from Buddy Parts, 20v silvertop package with microtech ECU etc..so my sister bought this package and gave it to me, and i swapped her for my 16v 4age, i personally still wanted the 16v since you cant put money on blood and sweat, but at that situation a engine with matching ECU was easier for me, and a simple drop-in engine to the Trueno was killing 2 birds with one stone..so the Trueno got a bit of work done and now is rocked my hard ass 16v, goes hard, really hard

Working on my Project car a few months later then came to a decision to part it out as it was not worth putting any more money into it just to get it running as it is
Parted everything out and it was so sad to see the Same Shell, the very first AE86 that started this all is now going away again, was sold to another forum member which i believe now has been sold/or still for sale..

Before it was sold out, you can see my brothers gun metal gray sprinter in this, also was to be sold as a complete car
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/5353/photo003gy.jpg (http://img38.imageshack.us/i/photo003gy.jpg/)
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/8003/photo014nd.jpg (http://img515.imageshack.us/i/photo014nd.jpg/)
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/0/3/1/35898.jpg (http://img246.imageshack.us/i/photo011y.jpg/)
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/0/3/1/35899.jpg (http://img692.imageshack.us/i/photo010t.jpg/)
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/0/3/1/35900.jpg (http://img190.imageshack.us/i/photo013c.jpg/)
steriodchicken's gold front bar from his gold ae86, red side mirror from brothers Red Sprinter, front passgener gaurd from my navy blue sprinter, shell bonnet hatch is original from the shell, doors are from the purple shell mate had, 20v silvertop, rear seat belts from the red sprinter too i believed it had, basically parts were coming left right and center from all the same AE86 we had going from one to another back to the other lol
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/778/photo012st.jpg (http://img33.imageshack.us/i/photo012st.jpg/)

motorculture
4th May 2011, 08:42 PM
^^^^ good story .... almost got me tearing up ... yeah been on DC for a while now . always been a lurker more then anything . always learning .

so yeah its pretty much that ... but im not really sure why i got into sprinters. i remeber watching an old HPi DVD and seeing a couple of sprinters and also watching intial d . helpd emphasized the car. at the end of the day when i got my p i had no money and every other turbo car or import at the time was wayyy to expensive .

so figured a sprinter would be the cheap one out of the bunch .. and yeah they were about 5 years ago. oh how times have change .

its a bit of a shame but i never really got to take a photo of that blue sprinter . but i did have some good time in it . drove it hard and loved every mintue of it. every time i drove pass a glass building i would look at it and think how lucky i was.

the blue sprinter also sacrificed a rear seat belt and half pulled a Ae92 out of scary ditch at natio.

it was also special because my gf at the time help me get it . i work 6 days to earn $300 a week , caught a bus and train and then walked for 15mins each day. so by the time i got paid and bought a weekly ticket for the train and bus and take the gf out i was lucky to have 100ish left so when christmas came gf at the time gave me a christmas card . opened it up to find 1.5k in it . it was the best gift anybody has ever given to me.

anyways the motor did blow. and i moved onto the red one .

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/3/5/8/3/68886.jpg

paid 4k for it . had leaky 4age + quads... loved it to bits ... and then bro stacked it ..

3rd sprinter was this, bought it rebuit .. and wasnt happy with it so i rebuilt it agian ..

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/3/5/8/3/68887.jpg

and then sold it .. due to a money thing .

bluesprinter's frist skid pan day

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/3/5/8/3/68888.jpg

same day i was there in the 180

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/0/8/18648.jpg

redsprinter

Dool
4th May 2011, 10:25 PM
Mine's a LAME storey.

Twas around 96-97 and i was given a manga volume by my uncle who pointed out that the car in the comic was one he had owned back in '85.

Whoopee, I'm 17 and my uncle gives me cartoons..............

About 7 years later i found it again, read it, studied it and spend lots of alone time with it, it was deceided i should own one.

At the time unable to import (funds), i bought a non-running 'project' car.

2 years later it was still rough, but got it rwc'd and registered.

Currently being 'reconstructed' to fix the items i half assed on the first time.

Phil

pez86
5th May 2011, 02:49 AM
my first car was a standard ae71. i thought it was a piece of crap but would do to learn in. i had the car for a bit over a week when my dad was supervising me in the rain. i came upto a set of lights to turn right and they were red, so i started slowing down changed to 2nd just as they went green not have much experience i started to accelerate and turn did a bit of a drift and that was it i was in love.

haveaparty
5th May 2011, 07:25 AM
Way back before I even had my p's I wanted a sprinter for my first car. Not knowing a thing about them besides the fact that they hav awesome Japanese 90s styling and could drift. And I only knew this cause I was into watching the initial D on YouTube. So instead my first car was a dirty old pulsar. Then a few years passed and after owning a 180sx, wrx and a 4 door 33 which I wrote off after owning it after only 4 days or so I used that insurance monis to by my first ke70. Which I got off some loser on boostcruising with a 4agze engine with Microtech separate. So drove it home put a locked diff in it that also came with the car and before testing if it was good and safe we was drifting around the trees in my mates yard. Then every rainy day or night or dirt road we came by we would get in the wet weather worrier and tear it up. Not long after, the 4k clapped out and the 4agte conversion could commence.

So to everyone out there. Don't stress if u can't get wat u want straight away. Good things come to ppl that wait.

marvis
5th May 2011, 10:51 AM
Do I win?

I had a video and epic story.

Nicko
5th May 2011, 11:05 AM
Do I win?

I had a video and epic story.

Fail. Didn't follow the rules.

Matty
5th May 2011, 01:07 PM
Hi Gang,

My first car was an auto KE70, stocks as a rock except for excel rims but it was off chops. I had it for 3 years and it took everything I could throw at it and still ran like she was brand new. Some of the best times I had with her was drifting the dirt tracks in serpentine and driving away without the mighty 4k missing a beat. The only thing that broke on it was the water pump, and the diff had a bit of a whine lol.

Only reason why I got rid of her (well I didn’t get rid of her as such) because it got yellowed for a blown park light and they reckon it leaked oil (it NEVER leaked oil). The mighty KE70 is now being built as a drift car with a dardy RB30 in it :D.

I now drive a panda AE86! Which is the best. Car. EVER.

jakel
5th May 2011, 02:21 PM
Had my T18 for a year now, originally bought a st141 corona which started me on the road to 80's toyota, but the corona was albit dodgy, fixed it up and sold it off for a profit. Then whilst still on my L's began looking for a ke70/ae86 but an ae86 was a bit much for a first year apprentice, so kept looking for a ke70 but wanted a 2 door so kept looking and found the T18 down near Byron, saw some pictures drove 2 hours to have a look at it and it was love :heart: So I put down a deposit and that was that!!! Came back 2 weeks later and picked it up drove back to brissy and didn't miss a beat!

Brought it to work and fixed up a few little things and got it registered the day before I did my driving test, passed and it was the first car I had ever driven by myself was a special day, haha. Then started to mod it a bit, got some new wheels has had a few different wheels actually then the other usual mods, and now is nearly to my satisfaction just want to get this awful rust removed then a nice fresh coat of paint.

All in all its given me a little bit of trouble as any 30 year old car would, have only just got it back from being off the road for 3 months and I missed every minute of not driving it!! I love my car and love every minute of driving it, it may not be the fastest car in the world but I wouldn't give it up for anything!!!

blair
5th May 2011, 07:28 PM
Went to a mates house at a ripe young age of 17. only had my licence for a couple of months with 1000 shmackos in the bank.

Got dropped off at a mates place where he was restoring some wheels for his beige ke70:

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/4/9/68953.jpg

I asked, "what other cool cars do they fit on"

He replied "AE86's..."

After 20 minutes on carsales and clearing my bank account, i was driving this rig home:

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/4/9/2145.jpg

It then became an addiction, that consumed my every dollar and minute for quite some time.

At it's peak it looked a little like this:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4112/5059079813_d41e004fee_b.jpg

And enabled me to enjoy such moments as this:
http://www.boostcruising.com/database/forums/files/post-179304-12865947801178646440.jpg

Where we end up back at the start of the storey, because the mate who was polishing his xr4's 3 years ago was now in the black s13 sneezing at my drivers door @ Queensland raceway

:) To be continued...

oz_eight6
6th May 2011, 12:44 PM
I'm gonna start by blaming my malaysian mates from uni for me addiction & that i hate pt cruisers and anyone who drives them.

Anyways about that later... Mid way through first year uni i decided my POS spec laser would not cut it any more, so i started to look at cheap nimble sporty cars old supra's, datto 510's, silvias etc anything cheap and kinda nimble that i could one day race.

My malaysian mate used to get Video option dvd's etc from japan and one night he ending up showing me initial d. Like every other fanboy who cant admit it, this was my hook into 86's. After watching the whole of session 1 i was addicted and determined to get my takumi car.

Shortly afterward looking for a cheap 86, i was driving to see a mate and i was a stock clean blue ae86 sitting on the side of the road. The car has a shitty cardboard sign taped to the rear windown "FOR SALE $3200 w/ REG & RWC. I called the number and a chick in her 30' picked up the phone.She was the second owner of the car, her parents gave her a much newer hand me down barina so she wanted to get rid of the 86.

I gave her the my life story about being a first year student and how i could only afford $1500. Next day i dropped off a deposit and told her i would pay her the balance the next week.

I didnt know it but the car was advertised in the trading post and nearly every one i knew on the forum talking about how a cheap sprinter for sale and how the chick had sold it for cheap. Nearly 20 people called her and offered her the full amount and she refused (thank you for honest people).

The next week i got the remaining dollars and convinced a mate to drive me down in his fully stock daewoo lanos to pick up my car. When we got there to pick up the car we drove past just and had to rip a u-turn, as we did this a PT cruiser t-boned the lanos and spun us around nearly clipping another 3 cars (which we didn't thank God). When we got out the lanos resembled a banana and my head kinda hurt. We sorted it out with the police, the tow truck driver and the pt cruiser driver who was staring and his 50 y.o. wifes tits and did not see us. We eventually walked across the road paid the chick the balance for the car and drove straight from their to the hospital to get my head checked out as it ended up being a nasty knock to the head.

18120 18119

To this day i still have the car...

Jacobxxx
6th May 2011, 01:16 PM
fell in love with ke70's when my friend first got his p plates he had a red slant front with a 5k in it
he picked me up and we went for a trip to the gold coast, we did loops, ran over witches hats, raced some guy in a mustang, was the most fun i'd had in a car ever so i decided i had to go buy one.

Few months later i ended up getting a 3tc ke70 which i drove without rego a lot and learned how to work on cars. Then got a ke70 wagon for $350 off a dying old lady (which ended up cooking a 4k and getting parted cause it was too rusty) bought a ke70 panelvan from some old guy in Grafton that was doing up a hot pink mini cooper. Crashed that then ended up eventually buying my currently car which is a Blacktop 20v ke70. Way too much money spent on all of them and way too much fun had.

JDMWheels
7th May 2011, 08:46 PM
First experience was driving to the local mcDonalds one night with a friend cause he was hungry, we drive through the car park and I spot all these jap cars.

We stop, and I start looking around and spot this panda ae86 in one corner. I'd never seen a panda in aid before and start checking it out.

The owner comes up and says hello, and we start talking to him about it, we talked for ages and my mate decided to go and get food.

The owner offers to take me for a spin up a certain old highway and I couldn't resist!

The window tint was so dark I couldn't see what was inside, all the other cars get ready and he says it's time to go.

He opens the door and I'm greeted by a cage, no sound deadening, half a dash and 2 fixed back seats, which was a shock as I'd never been in a car with any of this at that age.

He starts it up and I hear the now unmistakeable sound of a 4age with itb's, and it's loud!

We head off towards our destination and the noise is amazing, so much louder than any of the other cars, and it was quick too.

We get to the start of this stretch of road and we are signaled to the front to lead.

We then went off into the night through this twisty road, the sound was amazing, the car felt like a go cart and just went wherever it was pointed.

We did the entire length of road and then stopped, had a chat and then headed back towards the mcdonalds.

When we go back I thanked the owner for opening my eyes and from that point I fell in love with the ae86 and the 4age.

I went out with him in that car a few more times before an unfortunate incident caused the death of that particular panda.

That was back in 06, and now in 2010 I have an ae71 with plans for a 4age with itb's.

Still see the old owner occasionally too :)

Will try and find pictures from my old phones, think I also have a video.

Cheers,

Dan

[-not-agn-]
8th May 2011, 01:25 PM
my first time ever going in on was going back few months ago ( yes i know only a few months ago but no one i knew owned one and i was looking to buy one for the past 3 years but now im a happy owner of one but yes back to my story! )

my mate called me up and asked what i was doing i was probably dreaming about owning a 86 and he asked me if i wanted to come out cause him and this person he wouldnt tell me were going out for a slide ( was raining and about 3am in the morning no cops out :P ) so was just like yeah stuff it i will continue on dreaming about the 86 when i get back from a sesh!

he picks me up in is s14 and we kicking back waiting for this person he wouldnt tell me about and all of a sudden i hear this car just pinging off its head getting closer and closer and i know my sounds of cars and i looked at my mate and said bull shit who has a 86!!!!

so this 86 comes around this corner full lock and skates out of it and im like awww i have to meet this guy!!

(lucky the driver didnt hear me say that)

the driver jumps out and im like hang on WHAT THE HELL its a chick no way i had to ask my mate nah that wasnt her driving!! so i jump out of the s14 like it was some heap of shit an my eyes were just glued to this 86 so beautiful the body slammed deep dishes and aww i wanted it!!

so i had to ask what any 86 lover would ask "please can you take me for a drive" not only did she take me for a drive for half the night i ditched my mate in the s14 and stayed in the 86 drifting the streets and i dont think i had smiled for such a long time ever in my life i didnt even get to know her name until i got out and i snapped out of what i thought was a dream!

and that was my first time in a 86 and it will be for ever in my mind and now i cant wait till mines on the road!!!!!!!!!!!

Waddles
8th May 2011, 09:32 PM
(Thought i would try a different way to pass on my first experience)

my first experience with a 86 by Waddles

I wanted a house so to save some money,
i went to my girl a want a 86 honey,

My mates 86 was up for sale,
I was selling my V8 i had to bail,

My mate took me for a drive in his 86,
It was awesome and i got the fix,

It was fast and it was loud,
It could fly up into the cloud,

After that i had to have it,
No car on road could beat it,

A problem my V8 not sold,
I had to go for gold,

I few weeks later i was torn,
My mate tells we the 86 is gone,

A year later i was getting my castle,
And i knew now i had to hustle,

I found a 86 for sale not far,
So i went and bought that car,

Yay a 86 in my life i happy,
everyone else thought it was crappy,

With many years and a lot of fun,
10 years later it was time to move on,

Goodbye 86 i will miss you,
Its all good i will see you,

Its been passed on to a 86 lover,
Lucky its my mate enjoy brother.

-----END---

Thanls for reading my attempt at a poem hahaha :)

oz_eight6
10th May 2011, 12:57 PM
When do the winners get announced?

Nicko
10th May 2011, 01:01 PM
We got some great last minute entries over the weekend, so i'll look over them tonight and announce the winners tomorrow.

Any stories posted before 6pm tonight will also be eligable.

Cheers

jakel
10th May 2011, 01:03 PM

Nicko
10th May 2011, 01:08 PM
lol @ deleted reply :P I saw what you wrote... lol

jakel
10th May 2011, 01:09 PM
haha, ye lol. I though you would wait till the end of the month, or have the stories slowed down?

Nicko
10th May 2011, 02:00 PM
We're going to run a comp every month, so really, a week is fine to get the results. Most people are on AE86DC at least once a week and won't miss out.

randomskate
11th May 2011, 02:04 AM
I was 16. I was doing some research On the Internet on what would be a good first car that was also cheap.After reading a lot on the internet about cars, I wanted to get a Toyota because they were reliable. Corollas came to mind and then I discovered the AE86 just seemed perfect after reading so many great articles about it. So I went to these auctions at Newcastle with my dad one weekend. Being so naive and impulsive I saw this white corolla come out with rego and 140,000ks on it, they guy on the loudspeaker mentioned "1986 corolla" and immediately I thought about those articles on the internet(in my head... omg it's an AE86!!) So i placed bids on it and won it at $1600. Having only saved $1100 i had to beg dad to borrow the rest!

http://ae86.nathanmors.com/var/albums/Random-Pics/21102007250.jpg

When I got it home I then realised, this is no AE86 at all, this is A F**KING AE82!!!

So young and uneducated, I thought that the "SECA" back end resembled the distorted memories of that research I had done a few days ago on the internet.

http://ae86.nathanmors.com/var/albums/Random-Pics/22092007202.jpg

After Swapping an old PC with a cracked version of the new and almighty "windows vista" at the time for this Clean ST162 below(unreg'd & needed a new clutch), I thought to myself (this is a pretty sweet deal!) and things were starting to look better. So I ended up with both these cars sitting on my parents lawn.

http://ae86.nathanmors.com/var/resizes/Random-Pics/03102007227.jpg

I drove it to a mates house, the AE82 had a flat tyre at the time. I stayed there for a couple nights then came back home to find that my AE82 was gone. I was devastated. My mum kicked me out of home and sold my AE82 to the wrecking yard for $50. All I had was the Celica which basically cost me next to nothing, living at a mates house at this time, I modded it and got it registered:

http://ae86.nathanmors.com/var/albums/Random-Pics/small_13012006459.jpg

http://ae86.nathanmors.com/var/albums/Random-Pics/3.jpg (http://ae86.nathanmors.com/var/albums/Random-Pics/3.jpg)

Then I CRASHED that Celica into a RAV-4 which crumbled, leaving the celica totally drivable and the RAV-4 written off. The front end was smashed in real good and neither popup headlights worked anymore :( so I drove it home, had to pay $8000 to AAMI because i was uninsured at the time.

I sold that as-is for $500 with about 2 or 3 months rego left i think. I went to a nissan pulsar n14 sr20 which I picked up for $900 still have today as my daily driver. After parking in the same carpark as this AE86 at blacktown TAFE doing an IT course full time, the numberplates were"16DOHC" i think, or "DOHC16" definately one or the other, I envied this owner greatly. I used to look at this car every day I went to TAFE. 3 months ago I finally picked up my very own genuine ADM AE86 (not AE82 SECA) from a friend from work for $1000, And I even get to pay it off. (aka Project Rust Destroyer)

So to everyone out there. Don't stress if u can't get wat u want straight away. Good things come to ppl that wait.

Damn straight.

randomskate
11th May 2011, 02:11 AM
totally just saw the comp cut off date then. spewing

Nicko
11th May 2011, 02:25 AM
You made it. Cause I am busy ;)

Nicko
12th May 2011, 05:32 PM
Wow this one was a killer to re-read through all the entries.

There was a pretty high standard of story writing and that made it very hard to pick the four winners.

So I have Actually extended the comp to 7 winners. You will get a PM from me soon if you won to get your details to send your prizes out.

1st Place
[-not-agn-]
AE86DC 2010 Gildan Hoodie + Sticker

2nd Place
regginblack
AE86DC 2010 Gildan T-shirt + Sticker

3rd Place
Waddles
AE86DC Retro Beanie + Sticker

4th Place
Meadan
AE86DC Keyring + Sticker

5th Place
HJ60
AE86DC Keyring + Sticker

6th Place
ae8620v
AE86DC Keyring + Sticker

7th Place
randomskate
AE86DC Keyring + Sticker

Thanks to all who entered. We will be running another competiion starting 1st of June - so keep your eyes peeled for that one :)

-Nick