PDA

View Full Version : LATE NOTICE. Vicdrift - Drift Attack. This saturday. (7/5/2011).

matt99
2nd May 2011, 10:31 PM
Well its late as hell, much to late to enter (Thought someone would have put this up earlier? Or am I the only one that puts up things about drift in here?) But heres some details if you want to come and watch.

Who has entered, and what classes?

Federal Tyres Drift Attack 2011

Jam packed with drifting goodness all in one day, $10,000 in cash and prizes

Saturday May 7th
Winton Raceway
Benalla
Victoria

*Top 16 battle for Club class*

*Top 32 battle for Pro class*

*Extreme Entry Comp*

*Wheeltech Drift Passenger rides*

*GIVEAWAYS*

PLUS:

Pro Class 1st Place - $4,000 CASH
Pro Class 2nd Place - $2,000 CASH
Pro Class 3rd Place - $1,000 CASH

Street Class 1st Place - $750 CASH + PRIZES
Street Class 2nd Place - $500 CASH + PRIZES
Street Class 3rd Place - $250 CASH + PRIZES

Extreme Entry Comp Winner $500 CASH

This is a competition day, with an emphasis on qualifying and battles. The beginners section will be closed, this is not a standard practice day.

Spectator Fee:
$20

Wheeltech Drift Passenger Rides*:
$50 for 3 laps

Driver Fee:
Pro Class - $298
Club Class - $198

This fee also includes 1 x Pit crew into the event also.

Pre-Entry is compulsory at this event.

To enter please follow below link:
http://vicdrift.com/...=com_dtregister

You can register for the Extreme Entry comp online as well, however spaces are limited.

Acceptable Licenses are: AASA or CAMS L2NS - No license means no going on the track!
On the day purchase of AASA license:
AASA license $50
(Can be purchased at the Winton office on the morning of the drift day. Entries will not be accepted without proof of license or receipt of payment from Winton)

Please note : VDC board members will be checking AASA and CAMS licenses, this year we will be checking everyone. Please ensure all your licenses and memberships cards are valid.

The usual requirements as always are:

*Long sleeve and long pants of non flammable materials i.e. No Nylon

*Closed footwear

*Helmet that complies to Australian Standards (has ASA or Snell Sticker)

*Car needs to be in a good condition, no oil leaks, no loose items in the car and battery secure. It must pass scrutineering to be allowed on the track!

*Working seat belt/s (give it a pull and make sure it locks)

* Every car must have the correct amount of wheel nuts:wheel studs. Get it right before you get to the track!

Basic Scrutineering Guide can be found here: http://www.vicdrift....p?showtopic=674 - There will be NO EXCEPTIONS at this event!

* FIRE EXTINGUISHERS ARE COMPULSORY AND MUST BE FITTED CORRECTLY IN THE CAR AND WITHIN EASY REACH OF THE DRIVER!

Dont miss out, on what is shaping up to be one of the biggest drift events in Victoria !

Competition Details:
- All 32 Pro class drivers will be battling for the $4,000 1st cash prize.
- Unfortunately, time is a factor and we cannot run a top 32 for Club class as well and will still be run as a top 16 out of a field of 32.
- The comp will be run in the Back M section, for Pro Class the Sweeper will form part of the course, for Club class the sweeper is not included, further details on the day

Passenger rides:
- Competitors are allowed to take passengers in a vehicle that is fitted with a half cage as a minimum.
- Competitors are allowed to take passengers during the practice sessions only
- The Wheeltech passenger ride vehicles are fitted with a half cage as a minimum
- The Wheeltech passenger ride vehicles will be taking passengers throughout the day with minimal restriction
- The Wheeltech passenger ride is $50 for 3 laps
- It is upto the competitor as to how long they take each passenger in their car.
- It will be $20 for competitors to take passengers

The current timetable layout is as follows:
07:00 - Driver registration by Credentials office
07:30 - Gates open, Pro class to scruternering first
08:30 - Driver breifing (All drivers)
09:00 - Pro class practice session 1
09:30 - Club class practice session 1
10:00 - Pro class practice session 2
10:30 - Club class practice session 2
11:00 - Pro class qualifying
11:40 - Club class qualifying
12:20 - Lunch, Results announced
12:40 - Pro class Top 17 - 32 battles
01:40 - Club class Top 16 battles, upto top 4
02:40 - Pro class Top 16 battles, upto top 4
03:40 - Extreme Entry
04:10 - Club class Top 4
04:35 - Pro class Top 4
05:00 - Award presentation on Main Straight

More details to follow, but as you can see from the timetable it is very tight and hence why we only have enough time to do a Top 32 in Pro class and only allow passengers for competitors during the practice sessions to reduce any down time.

KurtHS
2nd May 2011, 10:54 PM
You driving?

matt99
2nd May 2011, 11:08 PM
Yeah man, giving pro class a crack. Never done a comp at Winton before, about time I did one in the state I live in I suppose, haha.

KurtHS
2nd May 2011, 11:13 PM
It's the back M's and all that yeah? Pro Class has the sweeper too? How'd ya go on that? Should go pretty good man good luck.

Shoulda sandbagged in street

willa
2nd May 2011, 11:28 PM
Yeh sorry Matty, I should have done it haha. I'll be spectating, I'll keep an eye out for everyone though!

matt99
2nd May 2011, 11:35 PM
Yeah the comp is being held in the back M's. For street they dont use the sweeper, but we are in pro. I can do the sweeper, it clutch slips in forth so I just limiter it in third, have to do a bit of a scando as well as my handbrake doesnt work really. Should be fine though.

Why you not driving Willa?

Panda BVB700
3rd May 2011, 06:17 PM
shall see you there

willa
3rd May 2011, 10:34 PM
Haha cos I could never get those damn m's linked! It drives me insane! I'm aiming for the second drift attack round later on in the year though! Need more practice!

KE70GT
3rd May 2011, 11:46 PM
Haha cos I could never get those damn m's linked! It drives me insane! I'm aiming for the second drift attack round later on in the year though! Need more practice!
I know what you mean I plan on getting some steering arms made up so I can get through the first hair pin faster then I should be able to link it hopefully

willa
4th May 2011, 08:03 AM
Getting jdi ones gavman? Also you heading up to watch?

KE70GT
5th May 2011, 10:57 PM
Getting jdi ones gavman? Also you heading up to watch?
na im not im going to be working on my car for once

MR86ER
5th May 2011, 11:49 PM
if any westsiders are heading up id be keen to be ur co pilot for the trip as in i neeed a liftskiees

bones
7th May 2011, 09:16 PM
was a mad day your driving was awsome matt

did anyone else think they day was kinda unorganised ??

KurtHS
7th May 2011, 09:59 PM
If only you didn't spin Matt! You're driving was mad!

Yeah it was kind of unorganised, still good though. They needed to be announcing who was out on track, waht class it was and when the entry comp was etc.

willa
8th May 2011, 10:40 AM
Good driving Matty! You will be near unstoppable once you get your new rig going! And that was crazy when your tyre popped a bead (or whatever happened), I was standing right behind where it happened haha.

Also yeh I'm a bit disappointed in how they ran it. They need someone on the mic at all times, we had no idea what battles were going on or nothing!

One more thing, who owns the baby blue e7 on with black ma's? I want your half cage!

MR86ER
8th May 2011, 01:40 PM
^^^ baby blue e7 could of been claw sounds like his rig

KurtHS
8th May 2011, 01:54 PM
Nah it wasn't claw, I thought I saw this black/Indian/Pakistani looking bloke driving it, not to be racist just a description.

It had fender mirrors, baby blue, black half cage and rattle can black ma61's

matt99
8th May 2011, 11:12 PM
Saw that blue KE as well, thing was tough. Defiantly wasnt Claws, even though Claw was there, he drove Pidwells 180 up then just got well and truly sauced.

Thanks for the ups boys, your giving me a big head, ill need a bigger helmet, haha. Yeah when that brand new tyre came off the rim I didnt realise it, just sounded like my car was falling to bits as usual, until I got to the hairpin and almost put it backwards I figured it out. Was annoying because it meant when I came back out in the top 8 against that black 33 I was on Neutons (which are way too grippy for the power that im running), I felt alright in my lead run, but then in the chase run I couldnt seem to get them spinning hard enough in the sweeper which basically ended up with me playing around in the grass. Oh well.

Yeah Willa, cant wait to have the new car out there, pro class is certainly a whole new level. Your right, organization of the event was just junk, especially considering the size and high regard of the event. Its something vicdrift really need to get on top of, still, its hard to hang it on them, considering no one else is exactly putting their hand up to run the show, haha. Im sure you noticed when you came down to Tassie Willa how well organised and smoothly everything ran down there, common sence of the drivers seems to work really well for events, funny that.

Ill do a write up of the event tomorrow, if I find the time between being lazy and being... something else.

raceAE86
8th May 2011, 11:22 PM
Get some pics up too matt, i couldnt make it unfortunately but sounded like it was a pretty good day.

claw
9th May 2011, 11:40 AM
aparently that baby blue corolla is from taylors lakes and a bunch of people keen thinking its me, its not, i drove pidwells sketchy twitchy cant take a long corner 180 at 4am and started drinking as i got there, was good

on a serious note, the even was poorly run, they enforced rules when it was conveinient "nic wilson gettink kicked off track fro doing a brakie, yet, when certain vic drift members who have bank rolls did it it was fine"

turn the speakers up and pay someon some cash to talk shit on a mic all day, noone knew what was going on, announce where things are happening, considering one of the nsw dudes was told best entry was on the s bends, turn out it was turn 7 "first hairpin", he backed one in real nicely too on the s bends but haha wrong spot.

stop selling xxxx, if you drink xxxx and your not a qlder or a cowboy your a knob coz that shit tastes likes bats piss

KurtHS
9th May 2011, 12:27 PM
brakie out the back, off the track = winning

Mr Fujiwara
9th May 2011, 02:42 PM
XXXX bat piss hahaha

raceAE86
9th May 2011, 07:00 PM
aparently that baby blue corolla is from taylors lakes and a bunch of people keen thinking its me, its not, i drove pidwells sketchy twitchy cant take a long corner 180 at 4am and started drinking as i got there, was good

on a serious note, the even was poorly run, they enforced rules when it was conveinient "nic wilson gettink kicked off track fro doing a brakie, yet, when certain vic drift members who have bank rolls did it it was fine"

turn the speakers up and pay someon some cash to talk shit on a mic all day, noone knew what was going on, announce where things are happening, considering one of the nsw dudes was told best entry was on the s bends, turn out it was turn 7 "first hairpin", he backed one in real nicely too on the s bends but haha wrong spot.

stop selling xxxx, if you drink xxxx and your not a qlder or a cowboy your a knob coz that shit tastes likes bats piss

Ha ha you are the man claw well said, it doesnt sound like i missed out on much at all and its good to see nothing has changed with motorsport in this country,
if you have coin or know people you go far.

bones
9th May 2011, 07:12 PM
see i didnt even know the big entry comp was on turn 7 lol and i didnt know who was winning the battles, shit was rough

KurtHS
9th May 2011, 07:28 PM
It was good last year with that bloke who does a lot of commentating, the guy commentates SuperX and a lot of the moto events. A lot of people criticised the guy because he didn't know every minute detail about the cars and drivers but he did a good job of getting everyone amped up.

I don't think big budgets and big names were favoured, Leigh Pidwell and Matt both had a bloody good chance but they both made mistakes which stuffed them up, which is a shame.

claw
9th May 2011, 07:55 PM
i didnt say they were favored im saying they got away with stuff others were kicked off track for

one incident springs to mind, someone was knocked out in the battles, then acted like a dip shit in the s bends, then got t do passenger rides and smoke free tyres for the rest of the day

KurtHS
9th May 2011, 08:02 PM
I was commenting on raceAE86's post man.

I can't remember who that was, I sort of remember what hapenned can't put a car to it though. I didn't know people got kicked off either?

matt99
9th May 2011, 10:06 PM
I certainly remembered who that was.

Haha.

claw
9th May 2011, 11:25 PM
hahahaha, as long as you know

KurtHS
9th May 2011, 11:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmbiCLV3e70&feature=player_embedded

Leigh Pidwells skid.

claw
10th May 2011, 12:19 AM
hahaha you can hear box face drew in the bacground screaming at the end, was a good skid, and amazingly the car made it home

KurtHS
10th May 2011, 12:30 AM
Haha yeah I was standing right near you guys with o'sullivan and ev filming it on my phone, had the hat with a bent up brim. You had a black hat on yeah?

Mr Fujiwara
10th May 2011, 01:08 AM
hahahaha leigh does love his burnouts

matt99
10th May 2011, 11:37 PM
What's happening?

It sprung to my mind as my alarm rang at 4AM, little did I know, this would probably be the most frequently asked question all day.

Its rare that I wake up so early for a drift event, usually I stay within close proximity to the track and get to sleep as long as possible, but due to Karl being a girl and needing to be a socialite we headed up to Vic Drift's Drift Attack early on a cold, frosty saturday morning. The 1 hour and 45 minute drive quickly turned into a 3 hour drive, helped along with the fact that the ever economical Holden Malooo (bro) ute that was following us up used up its remaining quarter tank of fuel in about 80km's, susequently forcing us into looking for a servo. Now becuase it was so early, the first servo we passed was closed, as soldiered on into the darkness we came upon another servo, also closed. We realised at this point the Malooo didnt have much hope, so my jerry can was raided and we were back on the road.

As we edged ever closer to Winton we were greeted by a lovely, hairy old man on a bike, picking up half done cans off the footpath from the night before, doing his bit for the environment by finishing them off before throwing the cans back on the ground. Dont want those fish getting drunk now do we. Such a classy, well presented man made me realise, we had made it to Benella, so the skids were smelling close.

As we sat in drivers breifing whilst we were supposed to be out for practise, it dawned on me that this was going to be a VERY long day. As the head judge got to the new testament of the bible, most people had had enough and were busting on converting some rubber to smoke, so we hit the track. Well, what a wake up call that was. Having not driven since DSC in Mallala (thanks loss of license) it was fair to say I was a little rusty and with all the time I spent in the dirt I was also quite dusty. I simply did not get a single clean lap. The second session, I was a new man, I had new tyres on, I kicked my passenger out so that I could yell and abuse myself for messing up without covering the passenger in blood and things started working. Until I got a little too happy and popped a tyre, track time is track time though, so the foot stayed down.

Qualifyed 14th, I was happy with that considering it was my first ever pro class event, plus it was two spots in front of Leigh Skidwell. Now im not one to brag, but its different with Leigh. So everyone add him to facebook and just ask where he qualifyed again, then rub it in a little. Anyway, I managed to draw Hai from the insane drifters for my battle in the top 32, which worried me a little. However I seemed to put in a decent lead run ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0ORDof0qas ) (YEAH MEZ, LOOK AT THAT! A VIDEO, HAVE A LAUGH BECAUSE I CANT WORK A CAMERA BUT LOOK WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SOMEONE ELSE KNOWS HOW TO, I GET FOOTAGE, MOVING FOOTAGE) then due to Hai making a bit of a mistake in my chase run, I was able to go past him and take the win.

Top 16 battle was a whole other story. I came up against Josh De Vries from the Project D, blaze unit team. I was chasing first, after a short drag race at the start line in which I was left behind I managed to catch a little, but no where near enough to be handed the advantage. In the lead run things got interesting, as I switched through the small S bend out of the sweeper, I heard a noise. Now for those of you who have seen my car, strange noises wouldn't come as a surprise, even I myself thought something irrelevant was falling off the car as usual, like the petrol tank, but nope, as I kept heading into the sweeper I realised I had a flat cause by a long lengthy divorce of my bead from the rim. I suppose thats what happens when you run 195's on a 10" rim with a pressure thats flatter than a 11 year old Chinese girls chest. Luckily for me, Josh had suffered a mechanical issue (excuse for being scared more like it, ha) in the first corner. So I still managed to advance to the top 8.

In the top 8 I was up against a bloke by the name of Mooka in a black R33. His name scared me a little as I wasnt sure what "mooking" was but I value my health and wellbeing (pff, no I dont) and didnt want to find out. As he chased me, the sound of his gate was enough to get me shaking in my 4 inch heeled boots, but I kept it together. In my chase run however, I had an awesome moment of failure and decided the lawn needed a mow so 4th gear proceeded to cut the grass out the outside of the sweeper. With that being said, my hopes and dreams of winning some money to afford a mothers day present for mum were over.

Now, as absolutely no one had any idea what was happening, which wasnt helped by having no P.A. system or commentator, it was time to kick back and relax. Then of course we remembered all that Winton sell is xxxx beer, so we packed up and ran as far away from there as possible.

Congratulations goes out to the guys on top:

Pro:
Leighton Fine.
Makr Ure.
Nigel Peitrie.
Nathan Weissel.

Street:
Nic Feroni.
Justin Stockley.
Jason Roper.
Robert Macready.

Leigh "UnLeighliable" Pidwell snached the extreme entry comp with a nice backward entry into turn seven. Goes to show that his own / JDI knuckles really do work.

Not as an eventful event as my previous couple in my eyes, probably why my write up is lacking and I have to make cracks at myself about wearing womens shoes, but you know what? They are comfortable, so I dont care what you say.

Big thanks again to Karl and the guys at Unique automotive in Lilydale and JDI fabrications.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18223&d=1305030889

More pics from the event can be found in this thread: http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=486207&st=240&fcat

Plus on this facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Photography-by-Luke-Hobbs/223003641047281

Still waiting for some of the usual big photographers to put there shit up.

claw
11th May 2011, 05:41 PM
fuck you write good novels you cockhead!!!!

bones
11th May 2011, 06:20 PM
hahaha good read man