PDA

View Full Version : RWC needed ASAP

Jacobxxx
5th May 2011, 04:47 PM
hey i just purchased a GT RA65 from melbourne, due to me not knowing how your guys rego system worked the seller turned out to be trying to rip me off with the rego by not supplying it with a rwc he says if i can organize one for it ill be able to keep it rego'd in VIC which is all im after.

all im after is a dodgy/ or legit one because i live in NSW an will be driving the car home which is a 2 day trip home.

if someone has a guy thatll get me a roady so i can put iy in someones name in VIC let me know ASAP!

thanks 0413823814.

matt99
5th May 2011, 05:05 PM
Man, tell the guy to fuck off.

A roady will cost you $80-$110 (legit one, more for dodgy) just to get the car put into someones name so you can drive it home, them (im assuming) you will have to get another roadworthy or blue slip in NSW to get it into your name. Plus like $30 in transfer fees down here, plus more up in your neck of the woods again.

Get him (or you) to write a letter for him stating that you have taken possesion of car RA65-XXXXXXXX, rego: ABC123 on the 6/5/2011 at 9.00am and any fines or similar incurred from this time are upon the new owner (your name, license number, etc.).

Then when you get it home, get your roady and rego it up there or whatever you need to do.

Saves some cash.

hachi_dk
5th May 2011, 05:06 PM
what you are looking for is a 'leniant' place where you can get a rwc.
Not that easy to get 'dodgies' these days but best of luck

geoff
5th May 2011, 10:40 PM
you are given 14 days to transfer rego anyway, so you have that time to drive it back. (rwc is only for the transfer) Then cash your rego in and get rwc/rego in NSW.

matt99
5th May 2011, 11:18 PM
Geoff is right, however Geoff I think the issue lies within the guy selling it not wanting destroy-her to actually take it and drive it while its still in his name. Probably because he wants to cash the reg in from under him.

*E7*
5th May 2011, 11:23 PM
get an unregistered vehicle permit to drive it back. 45 bucks for a week.

MR86ER
5th May 2011, 11:44 PM
*E7* is on the money ^^^^^^^ thats probably ur best option

ae86
6th May 2011, 08:43 AM
yeah i said that too on fb, shouldnt be a problem just if someone happens to pull you up you may have to talk dribble cause its supposed to be only used for and to get 'roadworthies' or work done to a car

dove grey 64
6th May 2011, 08:10 PM
no you can also use a unregistered vehicle permit to transport the car home, you just have to tell vicroads where you are picking the car up from and where you are taking it too, and take the most direct route.
most of the time vic roads wont ask you for any of that info, you just pay for however many days you need and off you go