PDA

View Full Version : Profile Fields Missing

Nicko
6th May 2011, 08:24 AM
Hi Guys,

We have had a data corruption in our database thanks to a spammer.

As a result, we have had to reset all profile fields.

Please enter proper information, and if you aren't comfortable putting in your suburb, at least enter a general location...

Anyone putting BS info in will get a kick in the nuts.

Nicko
6th May 2011, 08:41 AM
Two x 24 hour bans already handed out.

You want to use this website, you play by the rules.

Nicko
6th May 2011, 08:51 AM
Four bans.

Don't fuck with the system.

Jacobxxx
6th May 2011, 11:15 AM
i dont get why people see it as such an issue?

Jake's mates

also jealous of b& people having pink names

Nicko
6th May 2011, 11:17 AM
Banned = Pink profile, because they are gay.

6 bans now.

99.99% of the rest of the population managed to update their profile without whinging, getting angry at me or chucking a hissy fit.

So thanks to the majority of people who are doing the right thing.

Also worth noting that we are only using the state field for statistcal tracking, trying to work out who is the biggest state in terms of usage of the forums. This will help us to understand where our users come from so that we can try and get events happening in your area.

If it is such an intrusion to have your first name, state and "general location" in your profile on a forum, change the details a bit. When i see "stick it up your ass" in a profile field or "fdkjsakjdsa" you have sealed your own fate. Especially after people have called for forums to be MORE accountable for users who post items for sale and are always bitching that a LOCATION isn't filled out. So here it is...

We introduce these things to improve the place, make things fairer and ultimately make AE86DC worth the visit. To the minority (0.01% = wuckfits) if you can't be arsed to play by our rules, fuck off and don't come back.

R&D Mechanical
6th May 2011, 04:18 PM
Thanks Nick sorry for being a dickbag :)

Nicko
6th May 2011, 04:26 PM
Being a dickbag is still better than being a douchebag like some of the tards that want to have a cry when something changes...

And this is the tip of the iceberg, there are heaps more changes coming here...

R&D Mechanical
6th May 2011, 06:27 PM
Good to hear, will be good to see more changes

lolwat
6th May 2011, 09:39 PM
guessing to make it more of an actual driving club, then a bunk of keyboard worriers and shit talkers(yes not everyone on here is either of those jsut saying)

Nicko
8th May 2011, 09:51 PM
Pretty much,

Also to answer a commonly asked question

"why does it keep asking me again even though I typed in my info?"

This will only happen if you type in bullshit info into the fields. We don't mind if you put a general location and your nickname into the fields, by entering "dfslkjgdfasoiew" or "eat a dick" will just get you banned, and you will have to enter your info again and again until you play by the rules.