PDA

View Full Version : JayDee's KE70 build

JayDee
12th May 2011, 01:01 PM
Hey guys, been on the forum for a while but only recently bought a KE70. I was looking around for a few weeks until this one popped up. It is fairly clean for how old it is with minimal rust in the usual places. No missing interior pieces or cracks on the dash.
The only thing missing is the drivers side indicator cover (as you can see in the photo) so if anyone has one they don't need or want to sell, let me know. :)

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/0/6/3/69371.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/0/6/3/69372.jpg

Got an Exedy clutch put in last week as the previous clutch was slipping beyond belief! Looking to get some XT130 LCA's and a set of wheels soon.

Jacobxxx
12th May 2011, 01:05 PM
looks tidy! Fix that little bit of rust under the rear bumper (or is it dirt?)

JayDee
12th May 2011, 01:17 PM
That would be rust. :( I'm still unsure of how I want to go about fixing the rust whether I want to fiberglass it or cut it out and weld in a new sheet but in order for me to do that I would have to buy/hire/borrow a welder.

JayDee
12th May 2011, 03:57 PM
Well.. Car went into the mechanics today. Wasn't starting properly and turns out the carby is screwed.. I was looking into 4AGE conversions but I don't have the time to source all the parts and all the money to do the swap so I'm just getting the carby rebuilt. Going to hold off on wheels and suspension for a while. Dammmnnnnn!

Robo86
12th May 2011, 05:06 PM
save some money and grab a 2nd handie off here for basically nothing! goodluck!

JayDee
12th May 2011, 05:51 PM
Was weighing up my options and just ended up getting my plugs changed and the points done (mechanic said it should run better even though he said 1 jet wasn't getting fuel or something along those lines). I'm considering 4AGE swap if I can find the parts for a decent price or I'll just get a weber carby. If anyone has anything for sale let me know.

s13 james
12th May 2011, 08:35 PM
nice and cleannn,dw bout 4age just yet,rebush front to back,sort out suspension and brakes then wheels,thatll make it fun as, then later on go 4 age,itl give u time to save/ collect parts:P

Low Style
12th May 2011, 09:29 PM
dont know if it helps cause in brisbane but Free 4ac (http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php/26986-QLD-Free-4ac-and-other-stuff..)

JayDee
13th May 2011, 03:54 PM
Thanks but just need the carby. I think I'm just going to get mine rebuilt unless someone local has one they want to sell. Need the car on the road ASAP as it's my daily.

70rolla
13th May 2011, 04:46 PM
this is 4kc not 4ac

JayDee
13th May 2011, 07:35 PM
Yeah, I know that's why I said I'll probably end up getting mine rebuilt. Is there a chance that 1 of the jets got blocked and stopped working? Would it be an easy fix or just get it rebuilt and know that it's done properly?

Also got a set of Dragway wheels that look identical to the SSR MK1's that I'll be putting on once the car is running good. :)

70rolla
14th May 2011, 04:25 PM
Just go on ebay and buy a rebuild kit or go on rolla club and go to the parts for sale section and below it it will say vehicles recking look for 4k ke

joeschmo_57
14th May 2011, 04:34 PM
nice and cleannn,dw bout 4age just yet,rebush front to back,sort out suspension and brakes then wheels,thatll make it fun as, then later on go 4 age,itl give u time to save/ collect parts:P

For a guy that has a Nissan as a username :P he is right. get to know what you are dealing with chassis wise before giving it enough power to keep up with turtles.

70rolla
14th May 2011, 07:28 PM
That James guy smart fella ay

JayDee
19th May 2011, 05:19 PM
Went to put the Dragways on today and no tyre shop had shank wheel nuts that would fit inside the rim... Looks like I'll be shopping for a new set of wheels. Not sure what I want though.

JayDee
5th June 2011, 10:38 PM
Today was a big day! Got my wheels and locked my diff although I had problems with my diff.. As I was putting it back into the car, one of the shims snapped. I have to go and buy some new shims to put the diff back in, then I will be able to test it out. Will have some more photos up tomorrow.

JayDee
6th June 2011, 11:26 PM
Still having problems. The original spacers that holds the diff in position is 0.047". When putting my diff back in these both snapped. I got 0.050" from a diff shop where they told me it would fit and the same thing happened. I am yet to try the new ones that I have which are 0.042" and 0.045".

Any reason why the diff didn't go back in with the original spacers? And any way to fix it if I am unable to get it in with the new spacers? Would I have to grind them down to fit? Please help! Need the car back on the road.