PDA

View Full Version : ACT Role Call

Sprinterboy
21st December 2008, 06:11 PM
Aight, I'll kick it off, I'm gonna guess that all 4 of us moved across from the old forum?

But just in case

Hi I'm Justin aka J aka Sprinterboy

ethsar46
22nd December 2008, 12:36 PM
Im still hanging around waiting for my 4age conversion to be finished, having all sorts of problems with the gear box tho :F:

Russ aka Ethsar46 / YES02T

maxhag
24th December 2008, 08:17 PM
Yo Yo, It's JoJo reporting in.

ToySprinta
24th December 2008, 09:16 PM
Steve here :)

scoot
14th January 2009, 11:59 AM
unfortunately i've temporarily relocated to the northern hemisphere, so i'll have to keep an eye on things from afar until my triumphant return.

kezza
30th January 2009, 06:52 PM
wad up, guess this is everyone then ay.

Sprinterboy
31st January 2009, 10:48 PM
I know of two other guys that don't get online much. Phill with a JDM Trueno (takumi spec panda) and John, 20v levin/trueno half bread :D

nelpd96|
1st February 2009, 11:04 AM
Yep, Paul here. Just about got mine done. Tune in about 3-4 weeks and it will be in for rego. It is great when you can do the engineering yourself.

J, I have the accelerometer to do the brake fade test now, just have to set up the spead sheet to decifer the data log.

Cheers
Paul

maxhag
3rd February 2009, 01:42 AM
It is great when you can do the engineering yourself.

hey paul
What do you mean by this? cause I will need to get mine engineered very soon.... :))

JoJo

nelpd96|
3rd February 2009, 06:54 AM
I am an unrestricted engineering signatory in the ACT so I can do the same sign of as Ray Spence and John Wilson.

Cheers
Paul

Sprinterboy
3rd February 2009, 12:16 PM
Yep, Paul here. Just about got mine done. Tune in about 3-4 weeks and it will be in for rego. It is great when you can do the engineering yourself.

J, I have the accelerometer to do the brake fade test now, just have to set up the spead sheet to decifer the data log.

Cheers
Paul

Sweet as mate, I'll go grab the seats and swap em over asap.

nelpd96|
3rd February 2009, 05:12 PM
No worries mate, I am away next week but back the week after that then away the the start of March.

Cheers
Paul

kezza
4th February 2009, 06:03 PM
I'll have to get mine engineered at some point. Where do you work Paul.

nelpd96|
4th February 2009, 06:07 PM
From home, if you want some more details drop me a PM. I don't want to advertise the business on here until I have got the fee's sorted out and I don't want to piss the admin off.

Cheers
Paul

BLIPAE86
22nd December 2009, 03:38 PM
ill be a new one names daniel aka blips be there bout 25th jan 2010

john84ie
29th December 2009, 12:53 AM
im john,living in canberra the last 6months,tryin to find a jap sprinter at the mo,have an 84 levin at home in ireland in the shed waiting for me!

Sprinterboy
11th January 2010, 12:57 PM
From home, if you want some more details drop me a PM. I don't want to advertise the business on here until I have got the fee's sorted out and I don't want to piss the admin off.

Cheers
Paul

Wanna send me my papers? Then I'll send you some $$$

Nats is over, so it might be safe to venture into dickson now. lol

Sprinterboy
11th January 2010, 12:59 PM
ill be a new one names daniel aka blips be there bout 25th jan 2010

im john,living in canberra the last 6months,tryin to find a jap sprinter at the mo,have an 84 levin at home in ireland in the shed waiting for me!

Welcome aboard fellas

Im Justin, Canberra isnt exactly AE86 central. But we are getting a few numbers.

Most show days I go to I tag along with the CCG (Canberra Celica Group)

But it is always nice to have more than one 86 at a meeting. :)

nelpd96|
11th January 2010, 10:59 PM
Justin,
Sorry for the delay mate, I have to pull my finger out and find the most current copy of the report and finish it off for you. I will let you know when it is in the mail.

Cheers
Paul

john84ie
12th January 2010, 06:23 AM
@justin,where do ya here about anything goin on in canberra car wise??

Hachi Rocker
11th March 2010, 08:10 PM
Hey everyone, my names Dasun and I've just bought my first AE86 - it's an ADM model with 4A-GZE conversion :)

I've been having a bit of trouble getting the car through rego because of the wheels that are currently fitted (causing the front and rear track to be about 50mm wider than stock). Would any of you know of anyone around the ACT that might be able to help me with a set of factory wheels or similar? I'm happy to buy or borrow and willing to pay a reasonable amount either way, thanks!

KENut
11th March 2010, 08:51 PM
Hey mate, if you get real desperate I've some KE70 wheels here. Maybe check out toymods, heaps of Canberra people over there

Hachi Rocker
11th March 2010, 09:31 PM
Thanks very much mate, appreciate it. I'll have a look and let you know about the KE70 wheels if all else fails.

ae8zn6
12th March 2010, 06:48 AM
whats your timeframe? I am currently buying some wheels for rego myself, would be happy to lend them to you if timing suits, wont be stockers but according tot he engineer they should be suitable for rego

ae8zn6
12th March 2010, 05:29 PM
PS. Spotted a Panda Levin coupe in the car park at Belco Zeffers, Think I saw the owner inside too, but I was with the missus and in her car so I doubt any notice would have been taken of us

Hachi Rocker
12th March 2010, 09:11 PM
Thanks TTZ32, that would be great if I could borrow those wheels. I've only got a couple more weeks to book a reinspection, but if I can't find a solution in time for that, the rego doesn't expire until late April. When do you think you'll be getting the wheels?

maxhag
15th March 2010, 01:33 AM
TTZ32, Is Paul doing your engineering?

ae8zn6
16th March 2010, 09:49 AM
Rocker: Wheels should be here in about 2 weeks, but one will be missing a tyre and I have no idea about the tread levels of the others... So I may actually be out of your timeframe :(

Maxhag: Yeah mate, he's here in early April, cars running now, so I just need to finalise exhaust, intake piping and front suspension in a month and I should be good to go. Are you getting a car done at the same time?

Sprinterboy
16th March 2010, 04:01 PM
TT - I didn't know you were back?

ae8zn6
16th March 2010, 05:22 PM
Yeah mate, back (and forth) from the act all the time now, technically I live there again now, but spend at least half my time in Sydney for work... Over the Hume! All the same techically back was thinkin of organising a group skidpan day in a couple months at queenbeyan

maxhag
17th March 2010, 01:58 AM
Yeah, Paul is also doing my car at the same time. Did you end up using the clutch you bought off me?

Maxhag: Yeah mate, he's here in early April, cars running now, so I just need to finalise exhaust, intake piping and front suspension in a month and I should be good to go. Are you getting a car done at the same time?

ae8zn6
17th March 2010, 11:07 AM
yeah mate, its in, haven't bled the system yet though (replaced the master at the same time), so no idea how it feels yet.

Hopefully we all have no probs with engineering, (Ive been consulting Paul when I think he might have issue with anything) and then get through Dickson with minimal dicking around so we can all get out on the street :)

Hows your car going? are you finished and waiting for Paul to get here or working towards being ready like I am? If your ready ahead of time I might shotgun being towards the end of his visit to give me more time to have the car presentable :P

maxhag
18th March 2010, 12:10 AM
Yeah, mines ready, so you can go after me if you want. I got a permit and drove it TODAY for the first time in 2 years! Loved it! Oh what a feeling! I've got a permit for this sunday as well so i can take it to the Shannons wheels expo :)

ae8zn6
18th March 2010, 09:57 AM
nice! :D I'm going to need a permit in the not to distant future too for alignment + exhaust etc

Hachi Rocker
19th March 2010, 11:08 AM
No problem about the wheels TTZ32, I'll have to keep looking :)

Spotted a grey stock looking ae86 at ANU yesterday, anyone on here? Who else is going to the Shannons wheels expo?

maxhag
19th March 2010, 11:55 AM
Hachi Rocker, I will be there with my AE86 and Sprinterboy too I believe. We will be with the other Toyotas (CCG- Canberra Celica Group)

Come and say Hi so we can put cars and faces to names.....

AIROCOBRA
20th March 2010, 11:09 AM
Hi guys , May bump into you guys at wheels . Was suppose to have my Sprinter on the SDMA hill climb site but its having a new computer and a a rewire done to it.
Been running a stock 4a AE82 ( $200 e-BAY CAR ) LOTS OF FUN , but not the same as AE86 !!!!