PDA

View Full Version : My s13 touge rocket

beauboostr
3rd June 2011, 08:28 AM
hey everyone, i am a memeber on here now cause i cant stand the crap that goes on with other forums, anyway i have an s13 with a ca18 have done coil overs, front mount, 3' with cat, semi cusion button clutch, drift h/brake, shimmed diff, custom green paint(not that i did that just had it when i got it), boost controller, hybred t28 turbo, stainless tune length manafold, acl race series mains and big ends and set of 17' wheels and a few gauges...

just thought i would introduce myself and say that this is a great forum for useful info and not dribbiling crap..

tell me what you guys think i should do next

Jacobxxx
3rd June 2011, 11:04 AM
sounds good! photos?

Jdm-Mcc
3rd June 2011, 11:29 AM
+1 on the photos, s13 touge weapon is something different!

beauboostr
4th June 2011, 11:43 AM
there is a pic for you guys sorry bout res.. is off my phone.

beauboostr
4th June 2011, 11:45 AM
so yer any ideas for next mods?

keiichi
4th June 2011, 01:45 PM
hey mate welcome, yeh, forums upload thing doesn't work too great sometimes eh :P (or it's just my comp but yeh i can't see that pic).

beauboostr
4th June 2011, 02:06 PM
ah bugger... um ill try sort it :S

keiichi
4th June 2011, 02:07 PM
try imageshack.us

beauboostr
4th June 2011, 02:09 PM
not sure what pic problem is :S

beauboostr
14th June 2011, 10:43 PM
My photos

beauboostr
12th July 2011, 08:27 PM
update... getting a haltech sprint 500 fitted in next few weeks also... had a dyno run... std engine with stainless manafold, front mount, and boost on 12 psi made 189hp from 5500 to 8000... hoping for 200+ with new ecu and tune..

beauboostr
8th August 2011, 09:53 PM
i have fixed a few issues and haltech is performing great.. making about 200rwhp out of a ca18det with just a stainless manafold, 3' system and front mount.. on 12 psi.. runs well.. has not caused any issues.. better than factory idle and cruise..

beauboostr
8th August 2011, 09:55 PM
as my injectors are now near max and my turbo is my restriction power wise.. i think ill leave it how it is for now and do some brake and suspension upgrades.. has put a pair of 215/40 federal 595s on the front and increased camber to around 4' and has greatly improved on factory understeer.

beauboostr
10th August 2011, 09:40 PM
tooks some pics .. thought i would put some up...

beauboostr
10th August 2011, 09:43 PM
any suggestions for future improvements?

keiichi
10th August 2011, 09:45 PM
you can start by improving those attachments so we can see them ;)

beauboostr
10th August 2011, 09:53 PM
I can see them?? They are just jpeg uploaded with the sites uploader? Any idea why it isnt working?

keiichi
10th August 2011, 09:57 PM
maybe its just my settings, ive never been able to see the pics uploaded by this site.

beauboostr
10th August 2011, 10:00 PM
Ah.. Ok.. Cause i changed from uploading from my phone to my pc last time u said u couldnt see them lol :)

keiichi
10th August 2011, 10:02 PM
couple on page 1 work still though :S

beauboostr
10th August 2011, 10:10 PM
These work?

Beefy_Heafy
10th August 2011, 10:11 PM
make an account at www.photobucket.com and use the iphone photobucket app to upload to photobucket via iphone and then use the "direct link" url given on the photo bucket photos when adding pictures to posts :)

beauboostr
10th August 2011, 10:16 PM
I cut file size to thumb nails.. Did that work?

keiichi
10th August 2011, 10:17 PM
\o/ they work

Beefy_Heafy
10th August 2011, 10:20 PM
yeah that works now. u can get much larger photos in if u do the photobucket thing.

Beefy_Heafy
10th August 2011, 10:22 PM
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/0/4/2/231688.jpg

Beefy_Heafy
10th August 2011, 10:22 PM
:) <3

beauboostr
10th August 2011, 10:26 PM
Shouldnt u have put that up tom lol

beauboostr
10th August 2011, 10:27 PM
:p lol

Skylar
11th August 2011, 10:11 PM
Put skirts and a rear bumper on it, nismo skirts and m-sport rear go well with nismo front. Then wheels that fit.

Now that you have an ECU, get a bigger turbo and whatever else to go with it. Evo injectors, 560cc, are cheap. or just spend the money and get 850cc, it's only like 300 bucks.

Do the usual CA18 catch/breather tank. Make sure you're crank/head pressure equalisation pipe thing is clean.

beauboostr
12th August 2011, 08:15 AM
Lol yer got the usual ca18 catch can.. I was planing wheels that fit properly

I didnt know that the injectors are that cheap.. Thought the where like 500+

Skylar
12th August 2011, 09:42 PM
http://www.fuelinjectorclinic.com/injectors/dsm-talon.html

750 and 850 are same price so I suggested the 850, you probably only need 750 with a CA and 2871/3071. The crappy haltech(PS500) can't run low-z so you need to buy the 900cc(1000cc) or get a low-z injector driver. Then again, it's a CA, it has a resistor pack from the factory so you can run whatever you feel like as long as the haltech can go to small enough time increments(which it should).

Ideally you want their 1050cc customs as they have a MUCH nicer spray pattern but ya know, I'm trying to squeeze every last bit of horsepower out of the car. It'll get better fuel economy too.

beauboostr
13th August 2011, 03:15 PM
Yer i can run what ever anyway cause i have the ps1000 which can do both.. Ill probably go 800cc woud like to upgrade fuel system and try e85 with bigger turbo later in my build.. I am helping a mate do similar to his mk3 atm

driftnick13
17th August 2011, 04:59 AM
Do the usual CA18 catch/breather tank. Make sure you're crank/head pressure equalisation pipe thing is clean.

got any more info about how this should be done, like some pics, everybody says do something different and nobody has pics

beauboostr
17th August 2011, 07:37 PM
With my catch can i have both tappet covers running to a can with the vent from the can going too the intake pipe before turbo.. Lh tappet cover pcv hose has the factory restrictor in it otherwise your car will spew oil cause of how low set the outlet is compaired to the other side

beauboostr
17th August 2011, 07:38 PM
You can if you want just run both to a can that vents to atmo but.. Is illegal if you care.. I wouldnt lol

beauboostr
17th August 2011, 07:39 PM
Oh and forgot that both lines on mine are run up to strut brace bar then down to can to try and help retain any oil from running out of the tappet covers

driftnick13
17th August 2011, 11:20 PM
mine doesn't go into the intake of the turbo anymore because it pisses out a shit load of oil out the rear main seal when i do

with a breather it is fine but fills the catch can pretty fast and no idea if its going to be safe like that, think i need to setup a oil pressure gauge :P

beauboostr
18th August 2011, 08:26 AM
Thats similar to mine.. They seem to create a lot of crank case pressure and as soon as there is more than factory boost it is much worse.. Possibly blow by.. But hey if it runs ok and oil useage is manageable.. No biggy

Skylar
27th August 2011, 05:10 PM
My plan is to run a baffled catch can between the block(the hose that goes to the back inlet side cam cover, from the oil filter area) and the turbo inlet pipe. Let the cam covers suck air through filters. That way the block is in vacuum which pulls air through the filters on the cam covers and into the block which will help the oil also drain down into the sump. The oil floating around in the crank case will hopefully get caught and be drained back into the sump through a oil drain tee'd into the turbo's oil drain. This is the difficult way to do it.

What you should do is pull the head off and whack a restrictor in the feed passage then run the three breathers into one big catch can. That way the engine can breathe a lot easier and no oil filling the head.

Other guys make more crankcase/head pressure equaliser pipes/extra oil drains to cover up the first problem of too much oiling in the head.

beauboostr
28th August 2011, 08:48 AM
Yer i that is a good but fairly complicated way to do it.. In the last week i have put the turbo side cover to the intake tube infront of turbo with the factory restrictor in it and ran the intake side tappet cover to a catch can with an external vent hose under car.. And bungged off where it did get off boost vacum at intake.. Seems to be fine.. Done around 150km like that and has not cause any oil useage dramas and the crank case seems to have lost most of its pressure cause when mine was pressurising it would vent oil out dip stick tube slowly

Skylar
28th August 2011, 05:14 PM
You've fixed the 'breathing' problem but not the 'oil-pooling-in-the-head' problem which I suspect will still be there when you go for a thrashy drive. You're still pulling the air from the block to the head via the oil returns and external breather which will impede the flow of the oil back down into the sump.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not telling you to do it my way or anything, I just want your CA to live a long life and kill many SR powered cars.

beauboostr
28th August 2011, 05:21 PM
Lol yer i know it still has rb/ca pooling issue.. I run it 1/2 ltr over full and has larger than factory crank case breather to tappet cover.. Seems ok but i am careful still

beauboostr
28th August 2011, 05:22 PM
Oh and when/if it goes bang.. Ill rebuild it to a 2ltr stroker and fix issue then.. It is more of a weekend fun car than a full time thrasher.. I am not to stressed as long as i keep check om it

beauboostr
25th September 2011, 11:55 AM
an update to the rocket... got adjustable rear toe arms coming and have sorted pcv system finally so there is no oilling issues.. CA's are such touchy things :S cant wait for matsuri.. will be rad... have a spare set of 14' 185/65r14 tyres and multi fit rims to burn on and will have another set by matsuri.. anyone have an idea of how many tyres would be needed as burners for an event like that? im guessing 8..

beauboostr
1st October 2011, 03:15 PM
finally did a wheel alignment on my car.. funny considering i do them at work and hadnt bothered to do one on my own car.. lol front toe now 0 and camber 2.5' a side with factory castor.. rear camber is 2' and toe now +0.1mm a side.. lol no wonder it drove bad was at +3.9mm a side.. much better now.

keiichi
1st October 2011, 03:47 PM
i got like so much toe in and camber on the rear of my 180. must be like -4 camber :S

beauboostr
1st October 2011, 04:10 PM
Yer i found the rear of mine a bit unpredictable with lots of toe much better with 0 but it is drivers preference

beauboostr
1st October 2011, 04:22 PM
I thought i had a lot rear camber too but once it was up on the aligner its not as much as i thought.. But mine ant too low really either compared to some..

keiichi
1st October 2011, 04:27 PM
mines just like that because i lowered it and cant afford a proper alignment atm lol.
getting some new rims so will do a tape measure spec alignment soon.
have you drifted on your new alignment yet?

keiichi
1st October 2011, 04:29 PM
also i went through a pair of brand new 215/something/17's on the QR friday night drift, your car looks to have about same output so yeh, should give you an idea of how much tyre you will need.
although i do have stupid camber so probably not the best gauge.

beauboostr
1st October 2011, 05:12 PM
I havent done alot of drifting in it sense just a few little courners to test it... Has just removed some of the sharp return the rear ends get in these when u are coming out the back of the courner and can feel when its going around a bit more.. Thanks for lettin me know useage i had no idea really never done qr or any higher speed stuff so should be interesting.. Will just ease into it.. I have 4 sets of about 60-80% rears all in 185s so should last a while

beauboostr
1st October 2011, 05:12 PM
If u see me strugglin around at qr comin and say hi..

keiichi
1st October 2011, 05:30 PM
i would if i was going but unfortunately not coming to matsuri :( maybe to watch. a few hours of drift at a time is enough to satisfy me anyway, i don't know about other people but i get stuffed after a few hours on the track

beauboostr
1st October 2011, 06:02 PM
Yer i dont plan on spending that much time on the track just a few laps here and there im not goin for a marathon event

beauboostr
1st October 2011, 06:04 PM
Hey while on that topic do u know if i need a fire extingusher for matsuri?

beauboostr
1st October 2011, 06:04 PM
I have just heard they require one sometimes

keiichi
1st October 2011, 06:08 PM
no but i recommend one. I picked up a little one for like $30 from super cheap and just attached it within arms reach. better safe than sorry!
it also plays a second roll as a bludgeoning/blinding device.

beauboostr
1st October 2011, 06:18 PM
Lol yer good point.. Was going to probably get one eitherway rather dump a fire ext. Rather than watch my car burn.. Or spray a wanker either way lol

beauboostr
10th October 2011, 10:34 AM
So killed my car at matsuri engine has done rings i would say by the blow by it now has... So rebuild time!!!

keiichi
10th October 2011, 12:45 PM
ouch! :(
how did you manage that? over boost under fueled?

beauboostr
10th October 2011, 09:05 PM
tired bottom end with lots of boost and revs... Either cracked a piston or killed rings.. She has more blow by than a steam engine now lol

beauboostr
10th October 2011, 09:06 PM
Im just goin to get a set of wiseco pistons and arp head studs and acl bearing and steel head gasket and rebuild it.. No big drama really.. Will be better when done anyway

Skylar
11th October 2011, 10:40 PM
Put a restrictor in the oil feed!!!

beauboostr
12th October 2011, 08:06 AM
Was going to.. Do u know if rb ones work? Im going to get a set of wisieco pistons, arp head studs, acl race series bearings and and acl metal head gasket..

beauboostr
12th October 2011, 08:07 AM
If u have one in yours what size is it?

keiichi
12th October 2011, 11:06 AM
Put a restrictor in the oil feed!!!

how does that work/why is it done?

beauboostr
12th October 2011, 11:35 AM
Cause like rb.. Ca pumps too much oil into tappet cover under high revs

beauboostr
12th October 2011, 11:35 AM
Can even be so bad the bottom end getz starved of oil

keiichi
12th October 2011, 01:41 PM
hmmm, may of been your problem. SR20DET do this?

beauboostr
12th October 2011, 03:14 PM
Nope.. Just ca's and rb's they have silmiar head and gallery design and have same problems.. Sr's are completely diffrent

keiichi
12th October 2011, 04:43 PM
what is SR's weakpoint?

beauboostr
12th October 2011, 09:23 PM
Probably just there rocker setup.. They are quiet a good engine... But i couldnt be assed changing loom.. Buying sr .. Rebuilding it... Retuning ecu all just to go sr

beauboostr
12th October 2011, 11:10 PM
Motor is waiting for crane on weekend then ill strip it sunday and to machine shop it goes..

Joshie_Mcslide
13th October 2011, 09:43 AM
Probably just there rocker setup.. They are quiet a good engine... But i couldnt be assed changing loom.. Buying sr .. Rebuilding it... Retuning ecu all just to go sr

I've thought this and made the same mistake before.......If your gunna do something man,you may as well do it right the first time.........but on the same note,this is an S13......just buy an SR20det one an save some time,true!
lol
nice car anyway man,good luck with it which ever way it goes!

beauboostr
13th October 2011, 12:07 PM
Thanks dude.. Yer if i wanted sr i would buy one put my coilover in it and swap my ps1000 into it and done... For now sense im a mechanic and it wont cost me much ill do a rebuild on the ca with some nice bits and run it.. Going to address oiling issue while i do rebuild to so should be quiet reilable.. And it made good power before with a bung bottom end so it will do me once rebuilt..

beauboostr
16th October 2011, 04:24 PM
Engine out!! Soon to be stripped.. Found turbo has too much play so going something else..

beauboostr
19th October 2011, 08:42 PM
Engine is stripped and at machine shop.. Getting JE pistons. Arp head studs... Acl race series bearings.. metal head gasket set.. And new turbo .. Cant wait to build it ...

beauboostr
19th October 2011, 08:44 PM
Also can anyone who has built a ca tell me if modifying the plate in the crank case that is below the breather will sort the oil issues

beauboostr
23rd October 2011, 11:45 PM
Update.. Engine a machinist getting block and head done.. Getting JE pistons.. Arp head studs.. Full race metal vrs gasket set... And acl race series bearings and in next week or so should be sourcing a gt28bb for it as my t25 is near death..

Skylar
24th October 2011, 02:24 AM
http://www.lewisengines.com.au/webcontent6.htm

They don't list one for sale but call them and they'll sell you what you need.

I'm lookin forward to built motor and reliability!!!

beauboostr
24th October 2011, 08:28 AM
^ have u actually seen anyone use an oil restrictor in a ca? I know they have the issue but dont the hydralic lifters fail if too much oil is restricted?

beauboostr
24th October 2011, 10:09 PM
Oil restrictor is ordered from lewis engines.. T28bb should be coming soon.. Then just wait for parts to get back from machining