wat it looks like

ready for transport

V-TEC yo

Plans are to strip it out of the s2000 shell and drop it into an e7

wat ive been told about the car,
2003 s2000
60000 on the clock
shell is rusted and thats why its getting parted out

ive done about 3 months of hard research on this build and pretty much know how to go about it, but as usual u always come across problems but ill work them out as they arise.

Things i need to do:
Strip engine, gearbox, and complete loom from honda
clean engine and gearbox up, make it look nice and tidy
purchase a cleanish e7
modify crossmember to fit oil pan
decide how i want to mount it (yes i know JSP makes bolt in kits but i emailed him 2 months ago and still no repy)
there are a few different ways to mount it
make necessary modifications to body and chassis
wire it up and get it running
remove it all again
seam weld engine bay/ weld up any holes i decide i dont need/want
spray engine bay
final fitment of engine and gearbox
wire with a hidden loom as much as possible
install a fuel cell in the boot
repair rust/ damage on body of car
respray shell

Ill decide about diffs and suspension/ breaks after i get it running

Still trying to decide wat i wanna call it. nothing honda and toyota combined makes a good name that i can think of, feel free to post wat u think would be a cool nickname for the car.

thats all for now, hopefully can pick the car up wednesday or so, will post more then.

comments more then welcome

KurtHS
5th June 2011, 02:46 PM
Yoda, toYOta and honDA. Can't wait to see some progress!

haveaparty
5th June 2011, 03:52 PM
yoda nice, ill be able to paint it green haha. will post heaps more photos wen i pick the car up and start pulling it down

KurtHS
5th June 2011, 04:01 PM
Paint it a dark olive green!

What are the suspension plans?

Moar details!!

JDMWheels
5th June 2011, 05:03 PM
Awesome! I love it how you have the Motor already and are still finding a car for it!

F20C swap will be so cool!

joeschmo_57
5th June 2011, 06:05 PM
Toy-tec.

how long are you planning to take with the build? will be awesome!

haveaparty
5th June 2011, 07:43 PM
Suspension I'll worry about later down the track. I just wanna get it in the car and driving. Wat moar details do u wanna know.

Hopefully won't take to long. Once I buy nuther e7 most of my funds will be gone haha. But ive got welders I can borrow an the skill to weld and plenty of steel already to fab things up. So there's no extra cost there. Once I get the engine running in the s2000 shell (should only need to connet a battery up) I'll start pulling it out of the honda. Once I get an e7 I'll dummy fit the engine to see how much I need to mod my tunnel and fire wall. It can be done with zero modification or can cut it all out and make a new one. I'll decide that wen it comes to the time

peter_soj
6th June 2011, 12:18 PM
I'm already anxious waiting for progress pics hahahaha. Will be mad!!! Please tell me it's gonna be street registered until popo catch on?

ke_70
6th June 2011, 01:37 PM
what are you doing with the crossmember?

haveaparty
6th June 2011, 02:59 PM
yes i want it on the street and hopefully the popo dont catch on haha.

the crossmember needs to be cut to make room for the oil pan on the engine, once i weld plate steel in the cut area to make it complete agen it will be strong. havnt seen or heard of it breaking or not being strong enough.

haveaparty
6th June 2011, 05:59 PM
this is wat i hav to do to the cross member. doesnt hav to be to this extent but who ever fabbed this one cut out the maximum they could to ensure there waas plenty of clearence.

phil-720
7th June 2011, 10:01 PM
u need any help hit me up man il bring the tig up and get cracking buy my panno mofo would be fucking nuts

slide86
7th June 2011, 11:17 PM
what plans do you have for the exhaust and steering column/rack?

haveaparty
8th June 2011, 09:43 AM
Phill i already made an offer on the pano and u didnt take it.

Ill just make the exhaust fit between rack and the rail, its is possible, seen a few build threads and ppl didnt touch the rack.

Hopefully i get the call from the transport company today saying the car is ready for pick up. if they dont call me before lunch im gunna call them

haveaparty
8th June 2011, 01:24 PM
Just got the all from the transport company. Ready to be picked up

ae71
8th June 2011, 04:43 PM
Yoda, toYOta and honDA. Can't wait to see some progress!

or 'yo-nda'

rusted chassis in a 8year old car?? WTF?? they park it in the ocean or something?

http://rsxisfaster.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/goofylookvtec.jpg?w=450

but on a serious note, honda motors are good. id love to RWD a b18c

haveaparty
8th June 2011, 08:18 PM
Yeah so picked the car up and got it to a safe place. Discovered that it's a 99 model not an 03. So hopefully the k's i was told are legit. Just waiting on the computer, dash and start button to come in the post.

As being a previous panel beater I had a good look over the vehicle and notice that the left hand rear quarter panel has been replaced before and it was a bit of a dodgy job. So thats y it's starting to rust. But the body doesn't bother me. Once I strip it, it's goin for scrap.

Once the other parst come in the post I'll get engine running in the Honda and take it for a drive to make sure it's all sweet.

Pics coming now

phil-720
8th June 2011, 11:53 PM
u made an offer?
looks like fun i woulda flipped over the year being a lie

taz_rx
9th June 2011, 12:05 AM
Do they spin anti-clockwise like other hondas? Might make your diff choice easy!

haveaparty
9th June 2011, 10:54 AM
yeah these engines spin the wrong way lol, but ill worry bout diffs after i get it driving on the stock e7 diff.

at the transport yard. the only car in the yard with no roof or bonnet and the only car not under the cover :S

ready to go. harder then it looks to load it on by urself. Love the second photo, looks boss as.

At the final resting place. renting some shed space of a mate to do this. hes got welders and all sorts of shit i can borrow to make this easier

Tried to get a shot of under the back, failed

And, V-TEC Yo

Hopefully the computer is here today or tmoro so i can get it started and take it far a quick spin. then ill start pulling it all down.

Jdm-Mcc
9th June 2011, 11:02 AM
Cool beans! I want to build an f20c powered 1200 coupe, Youve got my approval!

haveaparty
9th June 2011, 12:44 PM
F20c 1200 would be pretty cool. if this build is succesfull, and i will be doin everything in my power to make sure it is, it may be the only f20c powered e7 in aus that i know of. ive only found 2 others in the uk that hav put the power plant into an e7. usually done into an ae86

sotiros86
9th June 2011, 03:51 PM
Sounds like this car will be a menace once its done lol.

Please tell me you are gonna take it for a quick lap around the block with it as is. That'll definitely upset Mr and Mrs Picket-Fence

haveaparty
9th June 2011, 06:46 PM
Oh yes I'll be taking it for a strap before I pull the engine out. Just gotta reconnect the radiator hoses and fill it with water, check all the oils are sweet and away I go haha

taz_rx
9th June 2011, 08:53 PM
Think u missed my point mate.... If u don't use the s2k diff then you'll have 1 forward gear and 6 reverses!

Nitskees_92
9th June 2011, 09:33 PM
that thing is gonna sound like sex man

fantapants
9th June 2011, 10:05 PM
the f20 spins the same way as toyotas... honda dont do the backwards thing anymore and havnt for a while.

haveaparty
9th June 2011, 10:47 PM
I know wat u was saying lol. I havnt heard anything bout having to change the diff. And yeah. Pretty sure the b16 was the last backwards motor they made. Cause I looked into doin that too. it's possible using the crv gearbox cause it spins backwards.

haveaparty
11th June 2011, 02:22 PM
Apparently the parts that was getting sent up got returned so no work on it this weekend :(

haveaparty
12th June 2011, 03:26 PM
Picked up this to put the f20 into. Ae71 panel van. Pretty clean. Fuck all rust. Start playing with this next weekend. Pull it all apart ready for the new donk.

phil-720
12th June 2011, 08:39 PM
im so glad this things going to a mental cause man if u need any fab work done hit me up dude

haveaparty
12th June 2011, 09:04 PM
wil do man, will need a rear roll pan cause im takin the rear bar off, like wat the mini trucks do

haveaparty
15th June 2011, 06:57 PM
Maybe a slight change of plans. If the guy buying my engine package actually goes through with the sale then I'm gunna get the 4ac running if I can. Fix the few rust spots up and get it roady and regoed. Then drive on the 4a while I do suspension mods then kill the 4a one night wen I'm ready for the f20c conversion. All depends

Jacobxxx
16th June 2011, 10:17 AM
Sticking with Leaf Springs or doing something crazy?

haveaparty
16th June 2011, 10:35 AM
Well not sure how to go about it. Havnt researched about panos at all so don't know wat to do. If anyone knows let me know

Jacobxxx
16th June 2011, 10:43 AM
Matt99 i think his username is used to drift his ke70 panelvan, he ended up converting it to s13 rear coilovers.

have a read of his build thread

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php/1729-The-Pannel-Van.

haveaparty
16th June 2011, 12:31 PM
Cheers dude. I'll have a read through it

ke_70
16th June 2011, 01:59 PM
follow jarrads build he's gone through all the stages of building a decent wagon setup. he runs a 4 link with coilover now i think?

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Team-Spot-On-Fishing/149733285078505

haveaparty
16th June 2011, 07:12 PM
That link just takes me to my Facebook page. U got nuther one I can look at.

On a shit note. No computer or cluster yet -__-

Seventy
16th June 2011, 08:27 PM
On facebook just search "Team Spot On Fishing"

haveaparty
16th June 2011, 09:00 PM
I searched team spot on fishing and his wagon is fuckin loose haha. Thats a bit more crazy then I wanna go. Still want this on the street.

Seventy
16th June 2011, 09:06 PM
You could fab up some new stronger wheel archs insted of having the box in the middle

haveaparty
16th June 2011, 10:07 PM
Yeah we'll see wat happens wen I get to that lol. Proly just get some strong shocks and. Hilux leafs or something for the time being.

Proly won't get to work on any of the cars this weekend. Most proly hav to work on Saturday and got my birthday lunch on Sunday. But might hav a late one on Saturday playing with them. Here's hoping I get the other Honda parts tmoro so I can take it for a drive.

Vance
16th June 2011, 10:08 PM
seen this website before?

http://www.jspfab.com/store/jsp-products/jsp-ae86-s2000-conversion-mount-set/

will make life a hell of a lot easier

haveaparty
17th June 2011, 07:44 AM
Yeah seen that. If u read my original post lol. I emailed him and got no reply so he obviously doesnt want my moni haha. There's a few different ways to mount it so I'll work it out.

haveaparty
17th June 2011, 07:18 PM
No parts yet so no work on the Honda this weeked. Proly won't get the chance to work on the pano either

Sprinter Freak
20th June 2011, 10:50 PM
ill just leave these here... (look half way down the page)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-I659IWSlQ

http://www.driftworks.com/2010/09/introductory-blog-floyd-parsons/

haveaparty
21st June 2011, 12:14 PM
I've seen those before sprinter freak. I seen another one thats all stickered up but not sure if it's the same car. Pretty sure he's running individual throttles too. Sounds boss.

Hopefully can start working on mine this week. If not. Might play around with the pano see if I can get it going.

haveaparty
24th June 2011, 04:55 PM
Tried getting the pano goin. Fail hahah. Hopefully get the chance on Sunday to get some parts. Apparently the dizzy is rooted so I spose it is lol. I'll get new one of those. Plugs, leads, maybe coil pack. Should proly get a battery for it to.

haveaparty
25th June 2011, 03:11 PM
Had nuther go gettin the 4ac goin. Gave up cause I kept breaking shit. So will just go ahead and put the f20c in. Hopefully the computer is here for it soon cause it's really starting to fuck me off not having it yet. Old mate recons it should be here by now. But might start prepin the pano by getting all the shit out I don't need on Sunday. Not sure if I can be bothered yet.

Ade_Mc
28th June 2011, 11:03 AM
yeah these engines spin the wrong way lol, but ill worry bout diffs after i get it driving on the stock e7 diff.

at the transport yard. the only car in the yard with no roof or bonnet and the only car not under the cover :S

ready to go. harder then it looks to load it on by urself. Love the second photo, looks boss as.

At the final resting place. renting some shed space of a mate to do this. hes got welders and all sorts of shit i can borrow to make this easier

Tried to get a shot of under the back, failed

And, V-TEC Yo

Hopefully the computer is here today or tmoro so i can get it started and take it far a quick spin. then ill start pulling it all down.

Man, the Honda S2K looks like it could be turned into a killer modern style hot rod! would take a bit of work, but i am guessing no one has done it in the world....mainly because there is no reason to destroy a perfectly good car. but in this case its already half way there.

haveaparty
28th June 2011, 01:20 PM
if i had the moni i would turn the honda into a track car but parts are way expensive, so puttin the donk into a toyota.

still no parts, starting to really shit me now. however the guy i brought it all from understands that he is giving me the moni if the parts are missing.

Ade_Mc
29th June 2011, 03:08 PM
if i had the moni i would turn the honda into a track car but parts are way expensive, so puttin the donk into a toyota.

still no parts, starting to really shit me now. however the guy i brought it all from understands that he is giving me the moni if the parts are missing.

true that, honda performance parts can get quite pricey..especially S2K's. would look like a fat rat rod without fenders. like a jap style prowler.

haveaparty
29th June 2011, 03:13 PM
yeah parts are exy as, $1000+ for second hand head lights off ebay, $500+ for tail lights etc. before i rip the suspension out of it i wanna cut the rear quater panels and try make an open wheeler rat rod s2000, just for shits.

Ade_Mc
29th June 2011, 03:22 PM
hahaha do it....could use other lights off another car and adapt. would look crazy!

haveaparty
29th June 2011, 04:27 PM
just get spot lights and make brackets to mount them, but putting the engine into the pano, nothing will change my mind on that. unless i get a different rolla to put the donk into. but will hav a play with the s2000 shell to see wat i can turn it into

haveaparty
5th July 2011, 09:27 PM
So apparently my other parts are 'lost in transit'. Let's hope they don't take to much longer.

haveaparty
20th July 2011, 04:39 PM
Stripped some of the pano on sunday. Will get pics up wen I get the chance. Found minimal rust which is good. Also sorted the parts dilemma. Old mate will pay for new ones and post them up. This time using registered curious.

haveaparty
20th July 2011, 06:37 PM
Rusty spots. Both rear windows. Little bit of water in the inner channel. Bottom of tail gate and will need a new bonnet cause the inside it rooted

Jacobxxx
20th July 2011, 07:11 PM
Have a flat front bonnet which is going to be no help at all haha

haveaparty
20th July 2011, 07:16 PM
Front mostly stripped. Just gotta remove wiring and heater core. Sound deadening too. Will get dry ice to make life easier.

Also. Wanna do this to the rear window. I recon it's possible.

haveaparty
20th July 2011, 07:18 PM
It could help. Plan on doing quad lights and fender mirrors anyway lol.

starni_boy
21st July 2011, 10:19 PM
I have a pair of rear windows here if you're keen?

haveaparty
22nd July 2011, 03:20 PM
wat kind of rear windows bud, big single ones like on my chop??

starni_boy
22nd July 2011, 05:46 PM
Nah nothing like that. Where you already have a window in the back, but it's a genuine window and fills in the whole section. It's glass out of a wagon.

Seventy
22nd July 2011, 08:54 PM
I say go windowless

haveaparty
22nd July 2011, 11:13 PM
Oh I get u now. Would look cool but that would require more cutting and welding to make room for bigger window. I was thinking windowless. Instead of one big window go one big blank area. Not sure yet.

On a good note. Old mate brought me new parts and sent them again today. Hopefully have them early next week

starni_boy
23rd July 2011, 02:05 AM
No welding is needed to take those panels out. Remove sealant glue then cut the little brackets at the top and bottom of the "panel" section.
Not trying to sell my shit but yair, it's not hard to take them out if you wanted to.

haveaparty
23rd July 2011, 09:35 AM
oh true, i might look more into it then. i am a panel beater so i can work out how to do pretty much anything. cause i do love the 2 door wagon look with the two massive windows. how much would u want for them out of curiousity.

stahlz_ae86
25th July 2011, 10:22 PM
Keep in mind when looking at heater core to choose between KE70 and AE71 core for what suits your application best. Your core (AE71) should be both outlets pointing up but KE70 has one each direction. Not sure what your motor needs but thought it might be worth mentioning.

haveaparty
26th July 2011, 11:12 AM
Oh that is very true and never even popped into my mind. If I do end up keeping the heater I'll just get pipes to work with wat I got. But if I don't use the heater core il still be idiot a 12v demister at least for the screen

haveaparty
26th July 2011, 04:02 PM
FINALLY!!!!!! Parts ive been waiting for for like 2 months now. there not the original parts from my s2000 but lets pray they do the job. still didnt get a start button which was part of the agreement and im not happy about but i can work around that.

so now i can plug the computer in, make some sort of stat button up and it should go, well in theory anyway

lappy
26th July 2011, 11:42 PM
Attachment doesnt work :( looking forward to seeing this!

haveaparty
27th July 2011, 10:00 AM
pics again, should work this time

haveaparty
27th July 2011, 08:52 PM
S2000 kicks over fine. Just needs fuel for it to start. Will hopefully get to do this tmoro.

Also took the dash out of it to get to the wires easier. It played hard to get but pretty sure I won.

ke_70
27th July 2011, 11:34 PM
how much are those dash clusters worth?

haveaparty
28th July 2011, 09:12 AM
not sure, i didnt pay for it but i would assume a fair few hundred, if i get off work early today i will go get some fuel and try and start it and also will start wiring the cluster plugs back on and get some videos for u peeps

Ade_Mc
28th July 2011, 05:27 PM
S2000 kicks over fine. Just needs fuel for it to start. Will hopefully get to do this tmoro.

Also took the dash out of it to get to the wires easier. It played hard to get but pretty sure I won.

if you had gotten it out in 1 piece you Could of tried to retro fit the dash into the van! haha

haveaparty
28th July 2011, 07:57 PM
Yeah that was the idea but decided it wouldn't be as stealthy if it had a different dash. So will just make the cluster fit where the stock one goes.

And IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!
Started wiring the dash in but had to stop with 10 wires to go. Will finish that off tmoro. And need to fit different wheels to the rear cause they fowl on the breaks. So if I can get some wheels I'll take it for a strap as it is.

haveaparty
29th July 2011, 09:48 PM
Ok. Took it for a drive. But cause I was lazy and didn't buy a radiator cap to fit and only did the rear drive shafts up by hand it's clunky and jerky Also cause I didn't put anything over the intake. But goes hard. If I can be bothered. Tmoro I'll do the bolts up proper and get a radiator cap and take a better video. But I got a couple short vids of engine revving and cluster working. Tnite I took the 4ac out. Wil take the ger box off tmoro and scrap the engine. Unless someone wants o take it off my hands. I discovered that the pano has a 1 piece tail shaft which is pretty cool. Seems standard tho. Will get pics and videos up ina couple days

Deeken
30th July 2011, 11:38 AM
oh god will be watching this thread >.<

haveaparty
30th July 2011, 07:02 PM
All righty then. Jacked up the back to bolt the drive shafts on proper and BAM!!! No bolts holding the diff onto the car. So now it's got bolts in it and oil. It drives better. But will put a filter on it tmoro so it drives really good and I'll try get a good video. But after a video I'll start pulling it down. If i get a hole day on it I should be able to get it unwired and the engine and gearbox out.

haveaparty
1st August 2011, 04:27 PM
how the rig looked wen taking it for a drive

engine remomal from the pano friday night

started stripping the s2000 ready for engine removal. tried to lift the engine out the top but failed so will drop the sub frame and do it that way

comparison of the 2 tail shafts. s2000 one was a mission to undo cause they are allen key bolts and were super dooper tight, ended up gripping it with vice grips and smashing it with a hammer, thats after hammer and chizel failed

haveaparty
2nd August 2011, 08:30 PM
FUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!! another 4 hours and many many curses, yelling, copping a face full of air con gas and almost tipping the car onto myself the engine is still not out. it's a fucked idea. Can't get it out the top without cutting the rio bar. And can't get it out the bottom without removing the sub frame cause the ac pump fouls on it just.

DRFT
5th August 2011, 10:04 PM
force is the key

haveaparty
5th August 2011, 10:51 PM
So got the engine out tnite. After nuther 4 hours of fuckin round lol. Ended up having to drop the subframe with all steering and suspension complete. Took me about an hour to do haha. Will get pics up soon. But now the real fun can begin.

Jacobxxx
5th August 2011, 10:53 PM
YAY!

haveaparty
6th August 2011, 02:54 AM
:D. Can't wait to get it fitted. Will be heaps more posts now the real work can begin.

haveaparty
6th August 2011, 09:47 AM
fail

fail

fail

THERE IT IS!!!!!!!!!!

haveaparty
8th August 2011, 10:40 AM
sitting waiting for the new powerplant

eninge ready to go, engine stand with the rotator unbolted = best invention ever. makes it so easy to move around

couple sensors i broke :( oh well, least it was nothing major

noticed this wen i was underneath it. looks like a bolt has been snapped off and wen they drilled it out the drill chuck wore a hole in it. no oil leaked out of it so hopefully a bit of sealer can temporarly block it up to stop dust getting in to the clutch.

next on the list, b18 mini, or maybe 13b and rwd conversion, maybe even awd, its all possible, you tube it

next is to drop the cross member and sit the f20 in the hole to see how much im cuttin if neccessary

Drunken13Monkey
13th August 2011, 09:51 AM
Not bad. Patience is key when working on hondas. They are bitches. Can't wait to see the motor in the e7. Good luck

haveaparty
13th August 2011, 10:26 AM
cheers man, will be doin that on sunday, will just sit it in there to see wat it looks like and mark out where shifter will sit and if i need/ want to cut the fire wall

Drunken13Monkey
13th August 2011, 02:52 PM
The lower n farther back the better. What do you think the weight ratio back to front will be with the f20c?

haveaparty
13th August 2011, 09:55 PM
Yeah I wanna mount it back as far as I can and low. But gunna try do it without lowering the crossmember. So maybe solid mount so it doesn't have 3 inches worth of rubber mount then lower the crossmember 2 inches to make up for it. I'll work it out as I'm goin

haveaparty
15th August 2011, 01:42 PM
Stripped heater core and pedal box. Now to remove the sound deadening. Anyone got any dry ice lying around lol

Drunken13Monkey
15th August 2011, 02:22 PM
Ur going to regret removing the sounding deadening material when vtec makes ur ears pop

haveaparty
15th August 2011, 02:36 PM
Is it really that loud. Maybe might leave it then. Want to remove it cause it looks like shit

DRFT
15th August 2011, 08:17 PM
just paint over it dude, looks great when its painted. i removed it once on a e30 and ended up putting it in again.

70XIN
15th August 2011, 09:47 PM
^ Yep what he said - looks good once it's all painted :)

haveaparty
15th August 2011, 11:02 PM
U guys think it's not to bad. Suppose wont really matter if I'm gunna run carpet anyway so u can't see the tunnel mods. That's if I mod the tunnel and fire wall. Will work these things out wen I get the chance to sit the engine in.

haveaparty
19th August 2011, 11:32 PM
Took the crossmember and steering rack out and sat the engine in to see wat it looks like. Was made for it if u ask me

marvis
20th August 2011, 12:23 AM
Yoda, toYOta and honDA.
Pretty sure I have seen "TOYODA" in 80's toyotas, like on power steering gear etc.

haveaparty
22nd August 2011, 01:26 PM
took the loom completly off the motor, hopefully its not to hard to put back on while the engine is sitting in the bay

cut the cross member, mounting points was a bit of a fail but ill work out how i want to do it

how the cars sit after the weekend

ae71yo
22nd August 2011, 06:44 PM
awesome mate can't wait to see it, the engine running in a youtube vid. you are making one right lol?

haveaparty
22nd August 2011, 09:28 PM
I've got a couple videos on my phone and tried to upload them to YouTube but wouldn't let me open an account. But will try post them up. Wish I took a decent video of me driving the honda but made one shit one bit got impatient and started pulling shit apart lol. Shouldbt be to long and it will be siting in the pano.

haveaparty
23rd August 2011, 05:00 PM
couple videos. worst quality ever cause ive only got my phone to take them from. but u get the idea lol

Cwj5G9jfXKs

rf1aKP6XUwk

tdcspmjWPXg

timbo
23rd August 2011, 07:09 PM
I'm so glad I didn't buy this panel van! Absolutely insane!

Jacobxxx
23rd August 2011, 08:32 PM
hit 20kmph just by revving it, those things really are fast

haveaparty
23rd August 2011, 08:45 PM
Haha. Not sure wat the go with that was. I think it must hav been in gear cause it didn't do it after bolted the drive shafts up

haveaparty
24th August 2011, 03:11 PM
hows this for a nickname

stroller

s2000-s2k-s2-stewie (s2k forums say so)

corolla-rolla (easy)

st-rolla

stroller

haveaparty
29th August 2011, 09:43 AM
nuther name choice that i like

toda

TOyota - honDA

TODA panel van, i like this one

haveaparty
26th September 2011, 05:05 PM
didnt get to work on the cars for like a month. got time this weekend to do some work and here it is

cross member, cut front of the mounts to sit the engine brackets into

cut center out to clear the sump

mounting idea sucked so completly cut off wat was left of the crossmember mount.

after a little bit of fucking round the penny dropped after staring at the 4ac for wat felt like hours. use the left hand bracket and standard mounts. which was good cause i had a spare mount and bracket at home. very convenient

cut the bracket to suit the height better. (fluked the angle i needed)

now for the test fit, cross member out and mounts and brackets bolted to the engine.

cross member in and engine resting on it. jacked up the gearbox to try get it in place. because im not cutting my tunnel out and didnt lower the cross member yet at this stage this was the angle it sat on

just dodgy lowering for the time being, put the motor in and had it sitting wat looked to be in in position but stoopid me didnt take any photos. (looked boss tho lol). marked where the mounts where and took the crossmember back out. tac welded the mounts on and tried fitting the crossmember back in. failed at it. one of the mounts moved about 5mm and couldnt get it to bolt to the engine. worked out that the brackets where on an angle anyhow. this in mind i fitted the steering rack to the crossmember to check that for clearance and i think the brackets are about 5mm to low i think. so will get other ones from somewhere/ someone and try again. because the brackets arnt exact opposites (as there both left hand ones) its hard to measure distances from an enge to put them in the same spot.

will get it in and take more photos soon

ps. anyone got the left hand brackets lying around in brissy ill take them off ur hands. not sure if the 4ac is the same as the 4kc brackets but if they are ill take them too. on that note any brackets will do really

haveaparty
5th October 2011, 04:09 PM
mounts welded to the cross member, yes i know they are off center but the hole where the mount bolts in is bang on
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/240356.jpg

clearance
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/240358.jpg

easiest way to put the engine in
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/240360.jpg

crossmember bolted lowered 2 inches siting in position
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/240362.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/240364.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/240366.jpg

another indicator that the engine is centerd and straight
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/240368.jpg

clearance from fire wall
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/240370.jpg

yes there is a gap there. i can fit a bussines card in the gap haha
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/240372.jpg

plenty of clearance under the hood, almost to much
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/240374.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/240376.jpg

almost no reason to cut the crossmember up
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/240378.jpg

thoughts!!
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/240380.jpg

stahlz_ae86
5th October 2011, 05:46 PM
Going places at a good pace.

fantapants
5th October 2011, 07:04 PM
from what it looks like mate, if you have a heap of room under the engine to the crossmember, redo it so the cross sits as high as possible. The less you have to try and fix the geometry, the better.

stahlz_ae86
5th October 2011, 07:08 PM
Show pic of xmember spacing?

haveaparty
6th October 2011, 09:04 AM
if i raise the crossmember any more it will hit the gearbox tunnel, and at this stage i dont want to cut it up or make a new one, i want to use the standard heater box. but if i need to cut it up i will, other wise the cross member will be to close to the ground once its got coil overs and nice fitment

these are just temporary, will make a new cross member that i will only cut out the neccesary amount and get mounts that sit exact opposite each other
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/241266.jpg

stahlz_ae86
6th October 2011, 10:50 AM
What would happen if you were to bring the motor and box forward 20mm? Would that assist you in gaining that extra height? The less you need to fix the roll center the better. I would steer clear of spacing the crossmember at all as a general rule, let alone that much. Were you planning on spacing the caster braces as well?

stahlz_ae86
6th October 2011, 10:55 AM
What would happen if you cut 20mm out of the mounts here...?

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/9/5/241268.jpg

Also, can you space the gearbox crossmember?

haveaparty
6th October 2011, 12:34 PM
i could bring it forward a little bit, and that would help a bit as the bellhousing tapers toward the back but as for cuting the mounts is a big no no. only cause it clears the steering rack my a few millimeters as it is now. and as for bringing it foward more, apparently that throws the geometry out anyway cause the extra weight towards the front. but ill work it out, i really would like to hav the crossmember higher. any suggestions are considered

ke_70
6th October 2011, 12:44 PM
i would rather have alittle more front heavy car than somthing that doesn't steer.

have you thought about a rough dry sump setup?

haveaparty
6th October 2011, 01:06 PM
all the threads of read that ppl lower the crossmember said they havnt had any real dramas doing it that way. and i havnt got the moni to do a dry sump setup. and wouldnt really make a differance cause the crossmember is still the lowest part of the car. its the bellhousing thats the real drama, but i will try move it forward and see if it makes a differance cause the little bit extra weight up front i dont think will change shit that much

stahlz_ae86
6th October 2011, 02:15 PM
Can you put a spacer between the body and the gearbox crossmember? To help the bellhousing clearance a bit, allowing the engine crossmember to be lifted.

haveaparty
6th October 2011, 03:01 PM
Can you put a spacer between the body and the gearbox crossmember? To help the bellhousing clearance a bit, allowing the engine crossmember to be lifted.

i suppose i could. but then the whole engine would sit on a lean. it would work tho to lift the crossmember back up

stahlz_ae86
6th October 2011, 03:42 PM
Probably wouldn't need to be a massive spacer to achieve it. If you move motor forward slightly, do a 10mm gearbox crossmember spacer, then you might come close to being able to tilt motor up enough to not need engine crossmember spacers at all. May need to cut one of the bonnet supports though. Could you take as little as 5mm off the bottom of the engine mounts, or you strictly not doing that?

What are other peoples thoughts on this?

haveaparty
6th October 2011, 05:13 PM
i cant make the engine closer to the crossmember cause it will hit the steering rack. if i could put the steering rack on the other side of the crossmember i would. and ive considered it. that way i could drop the engine right down and lift the cross member. im also considering making my own crossmember just to do this. got shit loads of steel so might give this a go

ke_70
7th October 2011, 05:03 PM
if your making your own crossmember remember it needs to be really strong. it's pretty much what holds to 2 chassis rails together.

stahlz_ae86
7th October 2011, 05:25 PM
The height the steering rack sits in relation to the LCA bolt holes is also important as the car toe's under brakes if that makes sense.

fantapants
7th October 2011, 06:20 PM
from the pics i can see and what i remember oif the bottom of these engines....

my plan would be move the crossmember forward 30mm.

this would give you enough clearance to run at most a 5mm spacer, but more likely no spacer, spesh if you spaced the gearbox end down a touch.

This wouldnt have much if any detrimental effect on geometry, as most of us run fuckloads of castor anyways. and you save on flogged out lca bushs :)

stahlz_ae86
7th October 2011, 06:33 PM
Good thinkin', just need to add more thread to the caster arms and away you go. Don't know if I'd move the crossmember as far as 30mm though, hard to say without actually seeing the car. Plenty of ideas to work with now either way.

fantapants
7th October 2011, 06:41 PM
yeah 30mm was just a random number..... :) but whatever the minimum amount needed to clear the front of the bell houusing better

haveaparty
8th October 2011, 08:24 AM
these are all good ideas guys cheers. but if i move the cross member forward then my control arms wont line up anymore. ive got an idea tho. am goin to fit the heater core back up and see how much i can cut away without sacraficing the heater. then ill just raise it and hav much smaller spacers. failing this then i dunno wat ill do. and with making my own crossmember, dont think i will for the strenght factor, like i can weld but wouldnt trust myself that much. wouldnt want it to break at 100kph down the m1 and loose everything

stahlz_ae86
8th October 2011, 08:42 AM
these are all good ideas guys cheers. but if i move the cross member forward then my control arms wont line up anymore.

Line up with what? Their original position? When you wind positive caster on at a wheel allignment the control arms are being pulled forward and stressing the LCA bushes. By bringing the crossmember forward too you will be able to run positive caster with LCA's parallel to the crossmember. So it's win win.

haveaparty
8th October 2011, 11:23 AM
Oh ok. I don't know much about how that works lol. I thought if u moved the crossmember forward the control arms wouldn't bolt back onto it. But if u say so I'll keep that I'm mind.

ke_70
8th October 2011, 11:46 AM
i'd be moving the crossmember forward. awesome idea. instead of stuffing the geomatry it sort of aids in... kinda

fantapants
8th October 2011, 03:11 PM
mmmm aids.....

yeah as the boys mention. moving the crossmember forward is basically just running castor. also assits the stearing arms in not binding as they arnt trying to follow the lca forward. the only trick bit is lengthening the stearing input shaft, but thats a lot more acheivable than what you have allready done :)

haveaparty
8th October 2011, 06:03 PM
Ok. So I cut the tunnel up haha. Moving the member forward sounds like a good idea. And I now know that the standard caster arms are adjustable. But moving it forward would mean drilling new holes and I cbf doing that cause all the drill bits are fucked lol. So I just cut out wat was necessary and I should be able to run the standard heater box. Will be tight but I can move the heater core up slightly if I need to. And to fill in the gaping hole. My mates got a Ke in his yard doing nothing so I'll cut the tunnel out of that and weld it in place so it looks standard just higher then standard. And all the ribs and coutours will line up looking nice. Pics later. Oh and now it's only got bout 1 inch lowering blocks. Which I necessary to clear the bonnet

phil-720
10th October 2011, 12:16 PM
xr8 bonnet bulge haha

haveaparty
10th October 2011, 12:52 PM
first marked out where i need to cut and made the first incision,

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/243670.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/243672.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/243674.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/243676.jpg

then cut a bit more
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/243678.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/243680.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/243682.jpg

engine position/angle. still not quite right
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/243684.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/243686.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/243688.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/243690.jpg

still a little bit i need to trim around the bell
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/243692.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/243694.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/243696.jpg

lowered 1 inch. will obviously make better blocks wen i weld the crossmember up
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/243698.jpg

cut more out to get the shifter position up and level
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/243700.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/243702.jpg

thats better
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/243704.jpg

now just clears. much better
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/243706.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/243708.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/243710.jpg

close enough if u ask me
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/243712.jpg

now just sitting there like a boss
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/243714.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/243716.jpg

BLACK COUPE
3rd November 2011, 12:08 PM
Anymore progress on this??

haveaparty
3rd November 2011, 05:29 PM
Nah not since I cut the tunnel. Hav had a few busy weeks so havnt got a chance. Hopefully this weekend I get the chance to go play on it. Wanna make a gear box crossmember so the motor is completely mounted and doesn't need a jack to help support the gearbox lol. Then the next job will be Welding the new tunnel in

haveaparty
5th November 2011, 05:18 PM
Ok so worked on the car today. Made the gearbox crossmember up. Using the standard s2000 gearbox bracket with no rubber mounts on it and a 350mm x 50mm x about 5mm piece of steel. Dummy fitted it all and marked it up, couple tac welds later and she still fitted. Did how ever drop the gearbox about 5mm but that's not to much of a worry. But the engine is nice and close to the bonnet now. Also gave the car some hectic fitment bro with the rims I brought from bigm. Will get pics up wen I get to a computer. So car is on it's wheels again. Next job is to make the new tunnel up. And maybe redo to crossmember and engine mounts. Just so there clean looking. Anyone wanna donate a crossmember to me :D

haveaparty
6th November 2011, 09:32 PM
Got my new tunnel today out of a Ke in my mates yard. Also took the crossmember while I was there. Will make new mounts next then the new tunnel. Pics soooooonnnn

ke_70
8th November 2011, 04:34 PM
cool man, good to see it being done properly(ish)

haveaparty
8th November 2011, 09:34 PM
Haha. (ish) lol. I'm doing it as proper as I can. If I gotta make something a few times to get it right then I will. Stoopid photobucket site wouldn't let me load pics so I'll try again in a couple weeks

killabeez_1985
16th November 2011, 08:05 PM
Good to put a face to the thread boss.

haveaparty
16th November 2011, 08:07 PM
So u must be the guy we just spent the last 2 and a half hours talking shit with haha

killabeez_1985
16th November 2011, 08:14 PM
yeeeerp...

haveaparty
16th November 2011, 08:51 PM
Who else would it be hahaha. If u need a hand with urs man just let me know. Wouldn't be hard to transfer it all over

haveaparty
21st November 2011, 01:10 PM
Finish stripping Everything out of the s2000 on the weekend. Shell is now for sale so someone should buy it. Still havnt had the chance to sit at a computer and upload photos. Will hopefully be able to soon

declan
21st November 2011, 03:20 PM
photoshoot of our two white pannos when yours is done? haha
i gotta stop reading this thread, makes me want to buy a written off s2000

declan
21st November 2011, 03:22 PM
also have you seen this?

http://www.jspfab.com/store/jsp-products/jsp-ae86-s2000-conversion-mount-set/

ae71 is the same as 86 yeah? so technically should work

killabeez_1985
21st November 2011, 05:58 PM
yeh that would take so much effort out of it dude!!^^^^^^

haveaparty
21st November 2011, 06:21 PM
Always keen or photoshoots hahaha. And yeah seen that. Wouldn't reply to my emails so figured he didn't want my moni. So made my own. And couldn't really justify paying that much moni and waiting the 6 months for it to get shipped over from the U S. And also paying the shipping fees. Mine cost me nothing so far and wen I pay for the mounts only 120. And this way also I know that I can trust the welding job.

Edit: I've done plenty of research on this conversion to know how to do it. But I'm working out easier way to do things as I go. So I'll write an article with the way I done it to help other ppl out.

declan
21st November 2011, 10:12 PM
didn't mean to suggest you hadn't researched :P i just didn't even think about searching for it until i read this thread!
and i agree with everything you said about saving costs and knowing the quality of it etc, i don't have any skills in fab though haha so you're a lucky man!

haveaparty
21st November 2011, 11:57 PM
Haha. At first wen I started researching this conversion it was all a dream lol. But now it's reality I still jump on google and search for other builds. Ive just been taking all the best ideas from all the builds I've read and putting them into one simple way of doing it. Proly not the simplest with the while cutting the tunnel and all that but lowering the crossmember two inches and still having a nice ride height just wasn't justifiable. But once I'm done u won't even know I've cut the tunel out. Cause I'm filling the hole with a standard ke tunnel just raising it to clear the gearbox. And my fab skills are minimal lol. But I can do most things. And the things I can't. There's always ya boiler maker mates haha

marvis
22nd November 2011, 11:31 AM
Are you keeping the cross-member like that?

It's like, REALLY low.. Will it be stock height?

haveaparty
22nd November 2011, 12:34 PM
I'm only lowering the crossmember 1 inch not 2. I will lower the car so the crossmember being the lowest point of the car is 100mm off the ground. And there will about a 20mm gap between the tyre and the wheel arch with the wheels that are on it now. But cause the wheels hav like 30mm of poke wen I flair the guards, the very edge of the guard will be lower then the position it's in now. So I should still hav a nice fitment and ride height. And still be legal. Well in theory anyway hahaha. If I dont lower the crossmember then need to cut a heap more out and te engine will stick out if the bonnet by like 30mm. Which proly isn't a huge drama but theres no way u will be able to run a heater and aircon like this. And cause I want to eventually this is the way it's being done :D. But by all means throw up ur suggestions. I'm open to try anything out :)

marvis
22nd November 2011, 01:37 PM
Cut the reo out of the bonnet and run some small spacers. Have crossmember stock height and a lower car.

Those wheels are not going to be legal, so I would just slam the shit out of it.

haveaparty
22nd November 2011, 01:45 PM
Yeah but I wanna run a standard heater and aircon. And if I don't lower the crossmember I can't hav them in cause the gearbox sits where the heater core does. And the wheels won't be that illegal. There only 15x8 neg 12. And my other frot runners are like 15x7 neg something lol.

haveaparty
22nd November 2011, 02:11 PM
Unless there is a way of lowering the steering rack. If I can lower that then the crossmember can stay stock height and I can hav the oil pan closer to the crossmember. At the moment the mounts hav to be at the height they are to clear that

stahlz_ae86
22nd November 2011, 09:01 PM
I would never even consider doing that, as when you change the height of the steering rack in relation to the centre line of the LCA bolt holes the car will have too great a variation in toe under brakes.

haveaparty
22nd November 2011, 09:07 PM
well then the only way to do it is to lower the crossmember lol

here come the pics!!!!!!!!

haveaparty
22nd November 2011, 09:35 PM
gearbox crossmember

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/258423.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/258424.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/258425.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/258426.jpg

bolted in place

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/258427.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/258428.jpg

clearance

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/258429.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/258430.jpg

new tunnel

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/258431.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/258432.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/258433.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/258434.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/258435.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/258436.jpg

haveaparty
22nd November 2011, 09:48 PM
nice collection now :D

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/258437.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/258438.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/258439.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/258440.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/258441.jpg

the outside pair of rims i already owned, but the new rims are.
superlites, 15x10 ned 26
steelies (no tires) 15x10 +/- 0
sunrasers 15x8 neg 12

haveaparty
10th December 2011, 05:00 PM
Worked on the rig today. Dropped the old crossmember and mounts out and fucked the ugly thing off. Got new member. Ground off the factory bracket thingos. Went to a steel shop and got me self some I think it's 65mm tube that is like 4mm thick. Cause i already knew the heights I needed I cut the steel tube to height and then cut it in half. Welded the factory s2000 engine mount locater platform onto the half pieces of tube. Bolted it all onto the engine with the new cylinder engine mounts and bolted the crossmember back up and lowered the engine into it. Tax welded the mounts to the crossmember and bobs it uncle. Tmoro I will finish off making the tunnel. Got some more cutting away to do then weld on the new one to clear the big ol gearbox. Pics will come later as usual hahaha. Also discovered. Cutting away the crossmeber to clear the sump. Just a myth. Mine clears and didn't cut a thing.

haveaparty
17th December 2011, 11:21 PM
Sold the s2000 shell. 1000 doi richer now. Moni to spend on the pano :D

declan
18th December 2011, 02:19 AM
i jizz everytime i open this thread dude
if you need a hand getting wheels/parts from japan let me know

haveaparty
18th December 2011, 07:45 AM
Cheers dude I'll keep that in mind.

Wanted to weld my tunnel in today but dad informed me we are doin Xmas with my cousins and aunie today. So no more progress. Will try get some photos up of the crossmember soon

killabeez_1985
18th December 2011, 10:58 AM
Nice dude , I wouldnt mind coming and havin a look at this sometime. My ca18det ke70 is driving now . Just needs a wheel alignment!

haveaparty
18th December 2011, 05:02 PM
Yeah man. Come hav a look for sure. Didnt take u long to get urs goin. Woulnt mind goin for a strap in that either haha

haveaparty
25th December 2011, 05:33 PM
so this is my new crossmember with mounts.

ground the old brackets off and made it fairly smooth
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/271978.jpg

standard s2000 mount locating platform
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/271979.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/271980.jpg

tube steel for welding to crossmember
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/271981.jpg

cut down to size
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/271982.jpg

cut in half to make two
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/271983.jpg

platforms how they will sit
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/271984.jpg

with rubber mounts on top too
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/271985.jpg

sitting in place
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/271986.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/271987.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/271988.jpg

top views
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/271989.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/271990.jpg

and cutting the crossmember is only a myth. clears by about 8mm or so
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/271991.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/271992.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/271993.jpg

next thing is to weld up the new tunnel. may hav fucked the tunnel i got by cutting it wrong and changing my mind about how i wanna do it. but ill look into it next year wen i come back from holidays.

killabeez_1985
28th December 2011, 08:57 AM
Ive got a tunnel you can chop out of a ae71 if you want.

haveaparty
28th December 2011, 10:05 AM
Fuck yeah man. That would be sick. The crashed one the ca came in?? Will be keen to get that wen I come back from Sydney in a couple weeks.

killabeez_1985
4th January 2012, 11:36 AM
The crashed one might be gone , ive got an ae71 down in lismore that i have to pull the gbox out of , it might still be there.

Jacobxxx
4th January 2012, 11:44 AM
Tell me more about this ae71

haveaparty
4th January 2012, 08:49 PM
Ok cool. Well if the crashed one is still around I'll cut it out. Will be easy out of that cause it's fully stripped already. I don't really wanna destroy a good car if I don't hav to lol. But if pecky doesn't want it I'll cut that one out

bigm
14th January 2012, 11:56 AM
did you find those rubber mounts from the catalogue? land rover? range rover or similar or s2000 ones?

looking good though man

haveaparty
14th January 2012, 12:41 PM
yeah man, there from some ford i think man. like 60 each or somethin like that. 53mm from memory, worked a treat cheers man.

while im here. i shanked the tunnel that i cut from the ke in my mates yard. so decided im goin to get a tunnel made. not a just a box type with square edges but give it round edges. will make one out of card board and take it to a sheet metal fabricator to get rolled up. will get that done in the next couple weeks hopefully

haveaparty
22nd January 2012, 11:47 AM
Soooo... No updates... but... I did buy a ke38 wagon :D

haveaparty
29th January 2012, 09:57 AM
Gave the crossmember to a mate to be welded up good and proper. Wen i get it back I can make a template for the gearbox tunnel and same mate can fold it up at his work. Might strip the rest of the engine bay out tday ready for paint prep

haveaparty
6th February 2012, 12:20 PM
Got the crossmember back. Has been welded up strong as. Put engine back in. Re made my gearbox crosmember a bit neater. Started to make a template for the tunnel. Put a seat in it the check shifter position and it's gunna be mint. Will be able to run standard center console just it will be a bit higher. Should look good once carpeted and all fitted up.

slide86
6th February 2012, 03:08 PM
all sounds promising!

haveaparty
10th February 2012, 11:41 PM
Ok so ive been spending my monis on things that proly arnt important right now. But meh haha. Brought pair 15x8 superlites to complete the set withy 15x10's. Also. Got coming from malaysia. Quad light setup, grille, chrome bar and lower apron panel. Thanks to kay parts. Man is a legend. The other guy on Rolla club wanted 750 for second hand or 950 for new. Kay was wayyyyyyy cheaper :). Now just gotta convince some guy on here to let me buy his brand new flat front guards and bonnet so I can bolt it all together and be JDM as yo :D

killabeez_1985
10th February 2012, 11:48 PM
nice man!!

Delazy
11th February 2012, 09:59 AM
Difference is Kay's parts are remanufactured and in someways quite rough... some of the other guys and the gear in Japan is still originals...

haveaparty
11th February 2012, 11:54 AM
I got everything brand new except for the lights themselves. But still. The price I payed for kays items was half of the other guys price so I'm winning.

Will go later today and finish making the template for the gearbox tunnel and maybe even start welding up unnecessary holes if I hav time.

evil86
11th February 2012, 10:12 PM
can i just ask what car the rubber engine mount is from, engine looks good. im trying to get idea to put a k20/24 in an 86. im still playing with the idea though. since the exhaust is on driver side, im assuming your pipes under the tailshaft back to the passenger side, if not how are you going to run it

haveaparty
11th February 2012, 11:31 PM
The engine mounts are from a ford escort I'm pretty sure. And with the exhaust I'm not 100% sure yet. If I can run it on the drivers side all the way I will. And the k20/24 is a bit more difficult as u hav to make it rwd. But had been done. In a Silvia I'm pretty sure. Engine is a bit taller then the f20c so u would hav to lower the crossmember more and still hav to raise ur bonnet. Ull need to get a bellhousing made to fit engine to watever gearbox u decide to go with. Alot more work but definatly not impossible.

evil86
12th February 2012, 12:06 AM
yeah i was just tossing up the idea between few friends, the k20 inthe s13 is actually boost on 7-8psi and is pushing 253atw i think insane, given that its low boost and stock motor. i've seen alot of the us guys do the f20c because the rack is on the other side so its much easier but still unsure is the exhaust runs back to the passenger side or not.

i'll be following this build for sure. be bold and stand out thats exactly whats you've done. keep up the top work

haveaparty
12th February 2012, 08:20 AM
Yeah the s13 is boosted. These motors can hold a fair bit of power on stock internals. I know the f20c 6 speed is good for 600hp. I don't think the stock internals on the engine could go that high but can handle a fair bit. Most of the builds I've seen the exhaust does run back to the other side. But alot of those cars a track only so doesn't matter how far the exhaust is of the ground. I'll work that bit out once it's back on the ground and can work out my heights. Also. The f20c in the U.S is a cheap motor compared to over here and there is heaps of them. If u hav any questions just let me know man

Gunner
12th February 2012, 10:14 AM
This thing is so cool, good to see this conversion done right.

Now get it done, I need some motivation :)

haveaparty
12th February 2012, 08:22 PM
Haha. I'm doing my best to hav it done legit. Didn't end up doin the tunnel. Lost motivation wen the welder had no wire in it cause someone else used it all -__- so I'll try again during the week to get it done.

Gunner
12th February 2012, 08:31 PM
That had to suck, if you were down here i could of given you my wire, found out today my welder is broken so its no use to me.

fantapants
12th February 2012, 10:23 PM
curious where you get the info on the f20c box? its internals are VERY VERY closely related to the az6 box.... which is commonly known to have problems around the 200+ rwkw?

either or, love the work man.

haveaparty
12th February 2012, 10:54 PM
Yeah did suck. But will go again during the week and make the tunnel out of cardboard and go get it feld up at my mates shop. And got most of the info about the egine on Honda/ s2000 forums. I've seen ppl put huge turbos or blowers on there engines with stock gearboxes and never heard of any dramas. And with an engine that had bout 180kw from factory I'm sure the gearboxes could handle more then 200kw. Either or. Love the feedback :)

evil86
12th February 2012, 10:56 PM
rhys : you always gotta be an icebreaker to every good convo. lol cheers to that

Gunner
12th February 2012, 11:05 PM
lol, I don't understand how I did anything but ok thanks phuocy.

Boxes are ok, its the diffs in s2k's that suck

haveaparty
21st February 2012, 09:40 AM
my mate has the mesurements for the gearbox tunnel and is folding it up for me this week, couple weeks ago i brought a pair of 15x8 either neg or pos 4 offset superlites to complete the set. also brought some other stuff and some parts coming in the mail but thats a secret ;) and the few ppl that know dont ruin it for everybody :P

haveaparty
24th February 2012, 10:44 PM
Moving the pano and everything to my place tmoro. Can't keep it at old mates anymore cause he's in a smidgen of trouble with the bank. So might slow things up a lil as I don't hav heaps of room. But will hopefully buy the welder and engine crane and few other tools off of him if he doesnt want to much for them. That way I can continue to do shit. Think I decided to get it wired before I paint it so wen I drill holes and fit the wiring it won't worry me if I scratch anything.

haveaparty
3rd March 2012, 02:07 PM
everything is at my place now. alot less room then before but i can work around that. also brought his welder, engine crane and stand, couple grinders and his metal cutting drop saw so i can still do shit to it. also got the gear box tunnel feld up. so as soon as i re organise the garage so its all nice and tidy, ill buy some welding wire and put it in.

killabeez_1985
4th March 2012, 06:29 PM
fark yeah!

haveaparty
15th March 2012, 01:49 PM
cant remember wat photos i had shown youse so hav a whole bunch. gearbox tunnel still waiting to get fitted. this weekend i recon

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/307973.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/307974.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/307975.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/307976.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/307977.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/307978.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/307979.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/307980.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/307981.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/307982.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/307983.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/307984.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/307985.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/307986.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/307987.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/307988.jpg

stahlz_ae86
15th March 2012, 05:26 PM
Sick, just fibreglass over the cardboard :)

Winner!

ae8zn6
16th March 2012, 10:11 PM
Sick, just fibreglass over the cardboard :)

Winner!

LOLz love it.

But on a serious note, looking great!

haveaparty
19th March 2012, 06:19 PM
gearbox tunnel sitting in place,

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/308139.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/308140.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/308141.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/308142.jpg

Plenty of clearance
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/308143.jpg

haveaparty
12th April 2012, 05:55 PM
tunnel tacked in place
http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd503/haveaparty1/fe9173f3.jpg
http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd503/haveaparty1/8c3a0b0e.jpg
http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd503/haveaparty1/715019a8.jpg

sides welded up
http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd503/haveaparty1/597ad9b9.jpg
http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd503/haveaparty1/10aba1d0.jpg

front welded and ground back
http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd503/haveaparty1/77b05379.jpg
http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd503/haveaparty1/f6dfaa98.jpg

doesnt look to bad
http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd503/haveaparty1/1eed73f9.jpg

still fits
http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd503/haveaparty1/89d5cdea.jpg

sitting back in position
http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd503/haveaparty1/9a7984d4.jpg
http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd503/haveaparty1/0b3f5378.jpg

plenty of clearance
http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd503/haveaparty1/7ca01899.jpg
http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd503/haveaparty1/c0cb3669.jpg

next is to bog the front of the tunnel to make it look nice and prep and paint bay

stahlz_ae86
12th April 2012, 08:22 PM
Lol, couple of hours of mayhem right there. Keep at it, so close now.

killabeez_1985
12th April 2012, 09:25 PM
Man you have done well, Not long and it will be running :D

haveaparty
13th April 2012, 08:20 AM
lol yeah. tunnel was a bit of a mission but looks not to bad i recon. bit of bog to tidy up the grinding marks and paint. then hopefully the final fitment

evil86
13th April 2012, 11:12 PM
looks like your having a early party

haveaparty
22nd May 2012, 04:40 PM
not much to update. i hav chipped away the shound deadening from the tunnel. will put some more on it now its cleaned up.

slight change of plans on how i will do things. instead of finishing off the engine bay now, it will just get a clean up with a little bit of bog over the areas it needs it. then just get painted with a rattle can. doing this will get the rest of the project finished quicker and can do the bay properly at a later date.

will also now leave the battery in the engine bay. just move it to the drivers side. will fab up a bracket so it sits and looks nice.

will also just use the standard radiator. saves me having to make the one i got fit (3sge beams radiator). will just need to cut and shut the outlets to the other side and it will bolt up. it is also about 3 times the thickness then the beams one.

will hopfully get to put some more effort into this and get the engine part finished off

haveaparty
22nd May 2012, 04:42 PM
oh and my parts ive been waiting for, for the past 4 months should be here soon

slowKeto
22nd May 2012, 05:06 PM
Peoples faces when they hear this thing hit VTEC!!!

mad build man.

haveaparty
22nd May 2012, 05:53 PM
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/538015.jpg

haveaparty
23rd May 2012, 03:30 PM
some of the parts ive been waiting for 4 months for arrived. just waiting on one more panel then i can fit them so the frothing can begin
im hopeing its just gone to the oversized post office and im not going to continue to get fucked around

haveaparty
27th May 2012, 02:59 PM
get amongst it

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/343307.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/343309.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/343311.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/343313.jpg

stahlz_ae86
27th May 2012, 03:01 PM
mmm high roof and quads.

haveaparty
27th May 2012, 03:48 PM
Good or bad?? I've heard some ppl don't like the idea

Seventy
27th May 2012, 04:39 PM
Do you still need the beaver panel? I got a new jdm one for flat front, will probably need the nothches cut out for the quads though, also got it off kay parts, but it wasnt what i wanted

haveaparty
27th May 2012, 08:28 PM
I'm still waiting for my front panel to get here and it has the notches to fit the quads. Was told it was coming with the lights that I waited 4 months for lol. But I got a standard flat front one I'll use if it never shows.

Seventy
28th May 2012, 12:34 AM
Yeah i was told mine was supposed to have the notches too, it didnt.... And all the edges are rough as guts, so you have to cut and smooth them

haveaparty
28th May 2012, 08:00 AM
Oh true shit. This Kay parts #### is a real ####. Will defs be goin somewhere else next time

stahlz_ae86
28th May 2012, 05:06 PM
Good or bad?? I've heard some ppl don't like the idea

I like it, I think it can be pulled off nice if the car has the right wheels.

I've just done a flat front conversion on a 71 (Rad support included). With the beaver panel, I just cut the reliefs for the quad lights with an angle grinder as I'm saving my proper jap one for the pano. Works well for my application on the track car because I still need to get to the bolts for the bumper bar and the ADM beaver panel has the reliefs for that.

haveaparty
28th May 2012, 09:29 PM
Yeah mad. I can't get a hold of Kay parts the kent to see wats goin on. But think I'll cut my loss on that one and use the flat front one I got. also. Wat brackets did u use for chrome bar. If u've used chrome bar

stahlz_ae86
28th May 2012, 11:30 PM
Track car I'm just going to use plastic aussie bar for now. If you want genuine chrome bar brackets you can get some on Trademe if you try hard enough.

haveaparty
29th May 2012, 12:02 AM
Oh true. Will hav to hav a look. If not. I'll modify the ones I got like everyone else lol

haveaparty
30th May 2012, 08:54 PM
Cause I hav very little room to build this car. The only way to lift the engine with the crane is to move the engine into the bay by lifting the car up and rolling the lump under it. I needed to do this to finally weld the gear box crossmember up and weld up a split in the engine crossmember I put in it taking the original brackets off. Whilst I was goin. I took some happy snap

Crossmembers still need to be cleaned up and painted but I'll do this when I do the bay. Engine is still in atm

cross members out. Holding engine up with jacks and crane
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/346178.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/346180.jpg

All back together
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/346182.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/346184.jpg

Nice engine placement?
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/346186.jpg

Wat a rig
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/346188.jpg

killabeez_1985
31st May 2012, 08:29 PM
HURRRY UPPPP!

haveaparty
18th June 2012, 07:00 PM
So um yeah :)

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/366068.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/366070.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/366072.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/366074.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/366076.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/366078.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/366080.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/366082.jpg

Oh yeah. I lifted the car out lol

KePanelVan
18th June 2012, 08:06 PM
WOAH! Just found this thread! You mad man! Love it!

haveaparty
19th June 2012, 05:01 PM
Haha cheers man

shift_rook
19th June 2012, 06:07 PM
You're retaining stock rad?

haveaparty
19th June 2012, 08:28 PM
Yes. For time being. Rad I got given was to big. And don't hav money for one atm. Stock rad is like 4 times thicker the the beams one I got given. And none hanging outside the hole made for the rad to sit in. Will just get the outlets cut and shut and put a thermo on it.

stahlz_ae86
19th June 2012, 09:15 PM
Possibly go re-core on original. Use top and bottom tanks from other E7's if they work for your application. Example: AE71 has top inlet on drivers side of rad and KE70 has it kind of central/more toward passenger side. If you can make it crossflow it would be ideal.

haveaparty
20th June 2012, 10:37 PM
The rad I got isn't original lol. It's a red devil radiator. Looks like it was replaced not long ago. And seems thicker then stock too. At the moment it will do as funds are low and just wanna get it together. Might put the motor back in this weekend.

Futo_gt86
20th June 2012, 10:44 PM
I used one of these, straight bolt up to AE71
http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l2736&_nkw=ae71+radiator
Iy was suggested to me that I could have used one of these, early rotary, not to hard to mount.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3row-4pass-aluminum-radiator-MAZDA-RX2-RX3-RX4-RX5-RX7-/120660219668?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c17e8d714&clk_rvr_id=355823052525

haveaparty
21st June 2012, 05:21 PM
Ok thanks man. Might look into it. Still need to cut and shut the outlets tho.

haveaparty
1st July 2012, 08:49 PM
Got some motivation this arvo so started the final fit up
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/383179.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/383181.jpg

Clutch and brake stuff in.
Winning moment. Ae71 clutch line fitted perfectly onto f20c clutch slave
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/383183.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/383185.jpg

Underneath
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/383187.jpg

Jacobxxx
1st July 2012, 09:29 PM
Looks the goods man!

bigm
2nd July 2012, 09:06 PM
u skidding matsuri??

haveaparty
2nd July 2012, 10:00 PM
Cheers pecky.

Not sure yet Matt. Would be nice but doubt I would hav this finished by then. Still got a fair bit to do. Fuel setup, diff, tail shaft, not to mention wiring it. Which really shouldn't be that hard. But to get it driftable will also need suspension, steering and brake upgrades. Hopefully hav it drivable before the year is over.

bigm
2nd July 2012, 10:16 PM
fuel easy
diff, start now
tailshaft, measure and order
wiring - seamus

suspension, steering and brakes. sort something out

k go

haveaparty
3rd July 2012, 06:53 PM
Haha. Wat I should of said was. I hav no money haha. The things that need doing arnt hard just a matter of money. Started running wires this arvo. Got all the standard corolla loom for the head lights back in. And everything that runs under the dash back in. Then got the engine loom plugged in and ran to where everything goes. Next will be getting the Honda loom that goes under the dash in and in a tidy position. But if I get stuck I'll be giving out mate Seamus a call haha.

bigm
4th July 2012, 08:11 PM
haha, i know the feeling

haveaparty
5th July 2012, 09:55 PM
Looked at the wiring today. Had no idea haha. Will look at it tmoro and put some thought into it. Had a chat to 70xin earlier today and with his guidance in mind I can make a start and might be able to work out wat I'm doing lol.

haveaparty
10th July 2012, 09:30 PM
Seamus E. Aka 70xin. The man is a legend. Sat on the phone talking to me for over an hour giving me every ecu and cluster pinout/ wire colour/ where it goes and what I need to do with it. Got everything written down so just a matter of putting the wires where he said to and it should be sweet. Hopefully.

bigm
11th July 2012, 09:27 AM
lucky to have a man like him in your life!

haveaparty
15th July 2012, 08:35 PM
I started mocking up the dash loom to run power to ecu and dash. Could get past the immobilizer. So I thought I would try plug in some other Honda looms I had to see wat would happen. So started with thishttp://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/395993.jpgThat was a fail so did some research and turns out the immobilizer can be removed from the ecu Won't say what chip I removed but ecu looks like this nowhttp://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/395995.jpgThen at about 10 Friday night I stared stripping the loom back to just the bare essentialshttp://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/395997.jpgAt about 3am I ended up with this http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/395999.jpgWired everything in today. Couldn't get the dash to work and figured I fucked something. So studied the pinouts one more time to be sure and found I missed a ignition 12v wire. Then this happened, followed by a little bit of frothhttp://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/396001.jpg

haveaparty
18th July 2012, 08:22 PM
Starting to look like a car again. And yes I will eventually hav carpet or vynal again

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/5/3/396188.jpg