PDA

View Full Version : 2 year t-18 build, gonna have all the goodies, some already

shift_rook
21st February 2009, 09:58 PM
hey fellas on here way to much so yeah decided to show you fellas what i'm creating, i bought her bout 3-4 months ago with the intention to have a nice daily sorta cruiser, first outlook was simple, stock 4age, coilovers alround and to get it running, now because i'm an impulsive shithead i've got myself certain things that have to e done, firstly when i pulled the 3t out i decided seeming i had a few weeks i'd do a "simple" engine bay respray, it took fuckin ages! still not done, almost ready for paint, just have to fill the nmerous holes, i'm spraying the engine bay jade green k. now some plans.

What i've got:

Engine:
-an empty hole

Diff:
-t-series

Suspension/Steering:

-me and the father are still workin on it, fully custom monotubes with a 46mm multidisc with adjustale preload check valves for acimetrical low speed and restrictor disc for progressive high speed damping.

-Quaife Rack

Brakes:
-it's all pulled apart at the moment

Interior:
-clean as, twinky wheel

Exterior:
-White, couple of scratches and a dent that will all be fixed up before it's done
-S2 lights
-Chrome bumpers

What I'm Getting: in no specific order or preference

-Rear discs from a corona(in the mail)
-Cusco rad support brace
-supermade mats
-paint job
-Wilwood front calipers(in the mail)
-7age, fully buillt, itb's, high comp pistons etc etc
-Rims...not sure yet, throw some ideas up
-2 way trd
-86 struts
-gilly lip

all i can remember for the moment

i'll get some pics up asap though it's not much to look at at the moment

pics,

when i got her
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/7/3379.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/7/6984.jpg

How she is at the moment
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/7/6985.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/7/6986.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/7/6987.jpg

gtv6capri
22nd February 2009, 10:13 PM
I'm just about to wreck out a T18, if you need any parts ring me,
JR 0409 091 252 better to ring as I'm not always near the computer

Konakid
22nd February 2009, 10:17 PM
Instead of rebuilding the sr20, go 7age and use ae86 struts with left over money!

shift_rook
22nd February 2009, 10:20 PM
nah i want more torque, something that isn't a frankenstein, i'm happy using nissan shit, i know a lot of you guys don't like the idea but i've already got an sr20de just sittin here, may asell use it, add to the fact i just bought some custom mounts i'm pretty happy with my situation, using s13 struts means i get better better brakes aswell

shift_rook
24th February 2009, 10:33 PM
i hate you konakid, all day i've been thinkin of a freakin 7age! this sucks! just bought engine mounts too, anyone got a smallport head for sale?? anyone want some sr20 engine mounts to bolt straight onto a 4a crossmember and sr box mount too?? 150+ post and they're yours

hitoriko
25th February 2009, 12:20 PM
...if you keep changing your mind you'll get no where

i say stick to sr20 - as its going to be alot easier for you

and i have a bigport head if needed - will swap for parts to suit my lil ke :P

slydar
25th February 2009, 01:07 PM
10.5:1 isnt that much CR for a modern 4 banger. if you're gonna bother to change pistons, might as well go for more like 11:1 or even a bit more.

shift_rook
26th February 2009, 12:26 PM
hitoriko:yeah might take you up on that, i'll pm you
AJPS: i'm actually leaning towards that as i want it to be the community car, hopefully won't get raped by cops much as it keeps to factory 1.8
slydar|: yeah io sorta figured that, they actually had some cp's in the 12's for sale but yeah might just go 7age cause i can just grab a block form the wreckers, can still make a 1.8 scream haha.

cheers fella's, always open to idea's, anyone has an opinion feel free to share it, always open for new idea's. gonna get photo's up tonight if i can, day off school tomorrow so i'll get more of the engine bay well under way.

also! what is a nice rad i can fit guys?? i don't mind spending a bit of money on an aftermarket one?? have to grab a radiator before i do the engien bay as i have to figure out how much to cut away

hitoriko
26th February 2009, 12:29 PM
get a CA18 Rad few aftermarket options and then you can even use i think r32 ones

shift_rook
1st March 2009, 08:44 PM
well because my mate is going to run 86 struts i've decided to aswell cause we're building shocks around his car first, and because of this i'm also buying some wilwoods, hell if i can't use sr brakes may aswell use something better and lighter, gotta love impulsive buys haha, will keep you all posted, can't find my camera at the moment, though there's not much to see

shift_rook
2nd March 2009, 07:29 PM
got some pics finally, but as said, not a lot to look at

driftism
2nd March 2009, 08:21 PM
hey man hey man this thing is gonna be KHAYOS when its done!!! :D

someguy "hey man put in a 4age"

you "shit yeah 4age's rock!!!!"

your dad "use the SR, it's sitting right there..."

you "YES!!! SR powah FTW!! i'll just change everything again..."

another guy "7age's are cool"

you "yeah 7AGE!!!! what was i thinking sr, ill change everything again..."

another guy "i hear if you put a elephant in there it goes fast"

you (probably :P) "hell yeah! elephants are awesome, ill put one of them in..."

ahh chris i love ya mate BUT STICK TO A PLAN!!!!!! ;)

shift_rook
2nd March 2009, 08:24 PM
yeah man, definately goin 7age now, already got a head sourced so yeah all i needa do is graba 7a block

driftism
2nd March 2009, 08:29 PM
awesome. call us up and we'll put the 7age together... ill bring the tape, u supply the glue :)

shift_rook
2nd March 2009, 09:14 PM
don't forget cable ties and string!

hitoriko
2nd March 2009, 09:23 PM
i'll stand there and tell you our doing it wrong and bring the duck tape to save the day

shift_rook
2nd March 2009, 09:29 PM
sounds bloody good, there will be beer, just need some funds to buy the rest of the engine haha

julzy
2nd March 2009, 09:34 PM
3TG,
It adds 3inchs,
Guaranteed.

shift_rook
2nd March 2009, 09:36 PM
dude i sold the 3t like 3 months ago! and yeah gonna have to be 7age, fuck the law haha, bloody p-plate laws

stouty
2nd March 2009, 09:38 PM
Looks awsome man so lucky to have such a clean example to start with

driftism
2nd March 2009, 10:05 PM
FUCK THE POWLEASE!!!!!!!

...it had to be said :P

wideslider
2nd March 2009, 10:10 PM
I reckon you should buy my wheels haha, would look phat as

shift_rook
5th March 2009, 12:35 PM
yeah man definately, gonna be a while before i buy wheels though, needa sort other shit out first, gonna buy i cheap slider for the meantime so i can learn to slide before i try in a 10k car, that way i can also make good use of all the parts i'm buying.. hopefully just a manual ae71 or kesev but lookin at old school celicas and skylines too, anything around $500:D

hitoriko
5th March 2009, 09:59 PM
500 hey head down to your nearest wrecker my friend ;)

trueno85
5th March 2009, 10:42 PM
looks good. ive got a set of 86 struts with cusco camber plates and lowered springs pm me if you need them

Ksevn-T
5th March 2009, 11:52 PM
That thing is Sooo F**King clean!
Ill come check it out next day time hills run!
Good luck!

Alex

shift_rook
6th March 2009, 08:59 PM
cheers mate, got a ae 101 7a block today, only had 25k on the clock so yeah i'm happy with my $80 buy haha, now all i need is 20v, head

shift_rook
20th April 2009, 08:47 PM
well htis thing is no more, parted out a guy is gettin the shell in a couple of weeks