PDA

View Full Version : problems with ke70

spools
25th February 2009, 02:14 PM
Hey guys, I'm kinda new to the rolla scene but have always loved them. Anyway i am going to have a look at a ke70 on friday and was just wondering are there anythings that i should be looking for problem wise? He said he has just got the head rebuilt n a few other things... got reciepts for around 2500 for the work done ... also said it has minimal rust in the usual spots(which i don't know where they are n forgot to ask) any help would be appreciated..

Adam

NathanKe70
25th February 2009, 02:27 PM
rear arches, boot, under the boot seal, seal pannel behind rear gaurd. before you start it make sure you put yor hand on the engine to see if its already been warmed up before you got there. i might have missed something?

seek
25th February 2009, 02:37 PM
the engine in a ke70 is almost worthless... regardless if he spent 2500 on it and i wouldnt factor that into the purchase price.

Rian
25th February 2009, 05:42 PM
may rust top quaters of rear windscreen and in the sills along the roof.... check chassie rails arnt bent.. you can see how straight they are within the engine bay easy enough..

a good tool is a magnet to put in places that are usual for rust too see if it is bogged.

other than the chassis everything is easily replacable and uprgradable.. so dont worry too much about sus and brakes n what not. there worth upgrading anyway.

squish_m8
25th February 2009, 05:49 PM
2500 seems a bit excessive for work on a 4KC.
you should also make sure the chassis is straight

julzy
25th February 2009, 06:01 PM
Rear gaurds, boot: CHECK UNDER seal, bottoms of doors, under boot carpet, normally the rear half is epic rust, front is all good.
what if any mods has it got?
make sure it hasnt had the life thrashed out of it

ke70dave
25th February 2009, 06:22 PM
just for interest i bought a "brand new" totally reconditioned head from my engine machinist, cost $340, howerever.....i got a quote to rebuild a bottem end of mine from a shop, just the labour, no parts at all was 950$. so maybe if he had the engine totally rebuilt it coudl get up to 2500. but its just a 4k!

good thing about ke's is parts are cheap as from a wreckers, the only thing that cant be fixed easily is rust!! and of course major strucural damage.

back when i first got my car, i bought a complete lemon, 400$ almost everythign cept for the engine was rooted (and even that wasnt that flash) but for under 1k i bought the car, fixed all the problems and rego'd it. so that worked out ok.