PDA

View Full Version : Whats your preference?

matt99
26th February 2009, 06:43 PM
Just curious to know, for sliding your bus, what do you prefer?

Street / Hills / Track / Other?

And why?

wideslider
26th February 2009, 07:06 PM
Hills, aka royal national park, Macquarie pass etc etc...

Ps snow and dirt also rate extremely high on my fun readout

seek
26th February 2009, 07:10 PM
Hills and Street, purely because its just convienent...

im not really the type to go spending $100+ on a track event, only to drive my car in the same manner as in the hills. QR is also about 150km away from where i store my car... so it starts to add up quickly if i break something etc

orange32
26th February 2009, 07:42 PM
track

sonsta
26th February 2009, 09:56 PM
mainly on the street, industrial estates, rest stops, large corners with good visibility
have also hit up a couple of mountains but they seem to be a little more scary than what i usually do lol

i wanna hit the track soon to!! just gotta wait till i can get up there

Rice86
26th February 2009, 10:17 PM
what i want to know from people who do it on hills is..

how fast you u take an average corner and how much sideways are u?..
how big are the roads u do it on...

ive only evered griped on hills and i think i do a bloody good job if i can keep up to a Type R thats knows how to drive his car

the thought of taking corners sideways on hills are always on my mind everytime we head to the mountains...but i know im not ready to be messing around like that yet

i dont see the point in heading to the hills and practicing at slow speed, i wont even be able to drift halfway of the corner with that kind of speed and minimum road space...

so its track and superwide open areas for a bit of fun

sorry for long post, but in short, i dont think i got the balls yet to not cry if i was to ride off my car in the mountains

Ksevn-T
26th February 2009, 11:26 PM
Hills = Win!

marvis
27th February 2009, 01:57 AM
Street for the win.

But when I get more power hills for sure.

marvis.

Eircamae86
27th February 2009, 02:09 AM
Only done track until now & totally not worth the effort, except im the most unlukiest man in the history of 86ing,
1st outing, 6 hour round trip, too loud.
2nd outing , 4 hours round trip, different car 10 mins in rolled car.
3rd outing, 6 hour round trip, fowling plugs due to new less loud exhaust.
4th outing, 6 hour round trip, exhaust good, clutch goes off line.
5th outing, 6 hour round trip,car wont start/idle, heavy rain, damp etc.

The hills are local,

ThatsHowWeRoll
27th February 2009, 09:46 AM
^^^poor bastard.....i always have that though if i road trip to a track but has never happened....yet.

Idustrial estates are fun but pretty high risk these days.....i grip in the hills cause my car is built for it and i would most likely crash if i was sliding.

i used to explore the local cane paddocks when i had my ke30...that was epic fun.

Beau
27th February 2009, 10:21 AM
Autosalon

ae86hachiroku
27th February 2009, 10:53 AM
Track and Street, love them both

matt99
27th February 2009, 01:03 PM
Autosalon

www.boostloosing.com.au

Haha.

Beau
27th February 2009, 01:11 PM
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!

Robo86
27th February 2009, 02:56 PM
mainly track but a bit of street...

Water Boy
27th February 2009, 03:43 PM
My front yard/driveway is good atm. Out of the shed 1st turn in lap apex and slip onto the lawn round the tree and big brakes. Reverse and do it all again. Yes no licence yet. Ocassonly at the end of the street is a tight grass area for hand brakes action and if im daring the gravel carpark at the church.

70XIN
27th February 2009, 05:48 PM
Jack-stands is my current fav

NIZLAH
27th February 2009, 05:54 PM
Jack-stands is my current fav

looks like we share something in common lol

Hokey
1st March 2009, 12:59 AM
track is good but only for setup cars. if your just running choppies and a locker you'll get way more enjoyment out of the street

obey wan boenny
1st March 2009, 02:13 AM
Track is good because its safe and more relaxed as you dont worry about traffic/police :P but wet hills are fun, convienent and cheaper if nothing goes wrong. and more suited to my standard gemi :P

ae71neo
1st March 2009, 09:57 AM
Track.

*urban_ninja*
4th March 2009, 04:04 PM
havent drifted yet :(:( had the car blew a head gasket tried the sr conversion got over it back to square one but im gessing industrial I know way to many places as my job has me driving every where in brisbane hehehehehehehehe lots of new turf to discover.

ae8zn6
8th March 2009, 11:33 PM
Definitely Track, I always look at things and just see the worst case scenario happening... you only need to run over 1 kid to ruin your life...

driftism
13th March 2009, 01:42 PM
Definitely Track, I always look at things and just see the worst case scenario happening... you only need to run over 1 kid to ruin your life...

if you run over a kid chasing a ball 3am in an industrial estate ill buy you a coke.

drift kid
13th March 2009, 04:36 PM
i haven't drifted as of yet, but im gunna say track because of the safer controlled conditions, but industrial area's just look sooo fun, probaly will end up hitting em up.

Konakid
13th March 2009, 05:37 PM
Hills skids

dr1ft-pig
14th March 2009, 04:45 AM
track/street 2 completely different atmospheres

i like street purely coz when im doing it im there with my other friends that also drift, we watch each other and get amped and try and slightly push our limits, sometimes you learn things purely cos your nuts grow just big enough to try something new

track i love as theres no pressure,cops, pedestrians, you meet new people, talk shit, give/take pointers etc and just have a good time and learn in the process

IMO you will learn way more going to one track day than you will in a month of street purely coz your hitting the same thing over and over and you get to stay there for a few hours, not stay for 15-20 mins and have to bail before popo chase you

worked
14th March 2009, 11:50 AM
track
not many street sections you can get 130+kph entries going on
street is fun too
but heaps of speed and scandoing and facing walls is the turkey

biggo
15th March 2009, 09:10 AM
hills, beats me why they made roads thru them if there not going to get used.

*urban_ninja*
15th March 2009, 07:14 PM
the idea of hills is mad and awesome to watch but the chances of fucking up and the cost of getting home could be verry high that my only worry and i live at the bottem of NEEBO seen way to many bikes and a few wana be racers on the back of trucks coming from there.

JUG-HEAD
16th March 2009, 11:47 AM
this is wat happened last time i was out street drifting in the 86' in an industrial estate:crying:

so i will be sticking to the track in the 86', but i do fuk around when its wet in both the ceffy and ke70 nothing to major tho, so i wont get into to much trouble.

daily_driven_death_sled
8th April 2009, 11:03 AM
hills ftw
and streets in the wet for sideways action

Intense
14th April 2009, 03:21 AM
Industrials with some mates was always the best fun. You can just go at your own pace and it's heaps fun tandeming with your friends. Don't have to push hard because it's dangerous but that just makes it more fun.
Ironically the only stacks me or my friends have ever had have been on the track which is lol.
But track is still pretty good, you'll learn 10x more at a track than an industrial because you can push it with no consequences