PDA

View Full Version : 4agze motor questions

evil86
27th February 2009, 07:43 PM
hey guys, im droping a 4agze in my ae86 at the moment but having some complications and was hoping you guys can help me out.

1. i need a new water RWD cooling system because the one i have now off the 4agze does not have a thermostat. or can i run it without a thermostat. (ALL SORTED OUT)

2. im planning to 4agze NA and i have put a smallport cut and shut on, can i get it wired up with a gze loom and could i plug a smallport 4age ecu into the gze loom or i have to use the gze ecu

3. would i be able to put a 4ac air con compressor on the gze. if so what belt would i use.(i've tried mounting the air con bracket on the engine but its hitting the cam cover, would i just space it out?)

4. whats the easiest way to mount the alternator on the drivers side. (ALL SORTED OUT)

thats it for now i think, if i have any more questions ill post them. thanks for reading and hope you can help me out

Intense
27th February 2009, 07:52 PM
You'll have to remove or relocate the charger if you want to use a normal inlet manifold, they fowl otherwise.

Nikkojoe
27th February 2009, 07:54 PM
1. You can use a fwd remote thermostat setup, look around for guides on that
2. You can use the gze loom, but only with the gze ecu. It will be fine for NA use
3. You can, it denpends how its setup.
4. Easiest way is using a jdm rwd alternator bracket, not the cheapest but is the easiest.

3s-86
27th February 2009, 08:49 PM
Hey mate

Don't bother running a 4agze without a supercharger
it won't go that well and it will feel as flat as a pancake for power
or like a completly dead 4age without torque.
I know this because I've run these engines without the superchargers hooked up.
Your better off running a high comp 4age for now then go full 4agze later.

Hen may possibly be a nut
27th February 2009, 09:41 PM
1 - Answered above, find a remote thermostat all FWDs had them.

2 - If you have a GZE (mainly the bigger injectors matter) then you need to run a GZE ECU. If you want to run a GE ecu then you'll need to change injectors and probably more stuff that I can't think of off the top of my head. Running the NA manifold **shouldn't** matter, only issues I can think of are TPS, they are the same type, but may not give the same readings, and ISCV. Ditching the idle valve may make the ECU throw errors. You could always plug it in and not attach it to anything though.

3 - Yes, mount it somewhere and make a belt line up. 4AC compressor is V belt, and GZE uses 5pk belts, so there'll be a bit of work involved.

4 - In my opinion, make up your own bracket, or modify something from the wreckers to put it where you want. I think there are factory mounts available, but they are rare.

Hen

evil86
28th February 2009, 07:46 AM
so....

1. i should just use FWD watercooling system and convert it to RWD instead of buying RWD one?

2, just use gze loom and ecu?

3. dont quite get it yet, need more help.

4. make my own? can i use fwd bracket that mounts on the block?

evil86
1st March 2009, 08:35 PM
i've got the watercooling system and alternator stuff all done...

any ideas about the air setup?