PDA

View Full Version : rear hatch info

pieman18
1st March 2009, 03:21 PM
hey guys

the hatch ive got on my sprint atm has got a big rust hole under the passenger side corner of the window thats letting water into the boot everytime it rains (luckily it never rains in melb) or when i wash it:worried:

im just wondering if there is any places in melb that sell or can get in hatches, either fibreglass or just normal.

im trying to sort out what im gonna spend my k-rudd bonus on :P

either fixing up rust spots on my car or a new wolf computer, if i can find bits for rust repair ill do that over new comp at this stage

i know there was a thread on the old forum but i cant check that anymore

if anyone can help it would be appreciated, k-rudd bonus comes in april so i got a month or so to organise the funds

thanks guys :thumbup:

ae86
1st March 2009, 04:07 PM
so its just a rust spot in the hatch goes straight through but near window ? should be able to be fibreglassed or that putty/metal crap panelbeaters use, shouldnt be too hard, oh and it was raining this morning ^_^

pieman18
1st March 2009, 05:34 PM
nah its rusted through to and past the windown, its been fixed before but its getting worse now

it would be a waste to repair it, would be cheaper and more effective to just buy a new one

Sprinter86
1st March 2009, 05:41 PM
i had this problem on my daily ae86, after seeing the general cost of buying a good hatch, i decided to fix it. im new to panel work, but i just popped the window out, and cut all the rusted metal out, and welded new metal in, then i used bog to shape the corner again.

ae86's seem to always get rust in either the passengers or drivers corner of the hatch, its a pain in the ass!

pieman18
1st March 2009, 06:15 PM
fucking oath mate, gives me the shits massively

AND an added thorn in my side, over the years before i had my car, the constant moist buildup in the very bottom of the boot behind the spare wheel well had rusted the whole line of the boot from corner to corner, i had to bog up holes under the rear bumper, and it needs wire wheeling off and reshaping

fucking gay

Sprinter86
1st March 2009, 06:24 PM
haha, is it possible we're talking about the same car pieman? lol i had the very same rust issues in the boot.

i pulled the rear bar off just after i bought it, to check shit out, boy did i get a shock. fucken rust right accross the boot floor corner.

luckily a good wire wheel, rust kill and some bog later, all sweet! :P

Dylan
1st March 2009, 07:42 PM
put duct tape on it to keep water out as a temporary fix