PDA

View Full Version : Can I use my Bigport loom on a Smallport?

jet111
3rd March 2009, 06:35 PM
Ok so I dumped the idea of a 20v because I cant afford it right now. Instead I am swapping my Bigport for a Smallport, old engine is now out. I just need to find out a couple of things before I get a new one and it goes in.

Can I use my existing loom with the Smallport? What are the differences?

Can I use all my Bigport components on the Smallport, things like leads, starter motor, dizzy, alternator and flywheel?

I currently have a 7rib JDM 16v. It will be replaced with a ADM 100Kw Smallport 16v.

Thanks again.

Sprinter86
3rd March 2009, 06:42 PM
all the plugs are different, and i wouldnt think that the bigport ecu would be able to run the smallport engine as well as a smallport ecu would(change in head design, higher compression etc.)

Bottom line, dont bother. you would do much better selling your jdm engine loom, and purchase a smallport loom.

i have a FWD smallport loom and ecu if you interested btw.

jet111
3rd March 2009, 06:47 PM
all the plugs are different, and i wouldnt think that the bigport ecu would be able to run the smallport engine as well as a smallport ecu would(change in head design, higher compression etc.)

Bottom line, dont bother. you would do much better selling your jdm engine loom, and purchase a smallport loom.

i have a FWD smallport loom and ecu if you interested btw.

I will be running a Smallport ECU, was just hoping that it would plug into the Bigport wiring loom... If its not possible I'll be talking to you shortly. Would be nice if I didnt have to stuff around with a new loom though.

rthy
3rd March 2009, 06:48 PM
i have a bigport loom (with bigport jdm ecu) with a smallport motor
works good enough, tvis plug not used and pretty much all bigport acc like dizzy, injectors, etc...

setup by toyospares...

Sprinter86
3rd March 2009, 06:54 PM
well there ya go, more doable than i first thought!

jet111
3rd March 2009, 07:04 PM
Ok so the Bigport loom hooks up to the Smallport motor.

But does the Smallport ECU hook up to the Bigport loom? Please say yes :worried:

rthy
3rd March 2009, 07:10 PM
no
the bigport ecu does quite well, altho in future i would probly change back to bigport

jet111
3rd March 2009, 07:20 PM
Why would you change back?

rthy
3rd March 2009, 07:24 PM
rebuilding bigport 4age