PDA

View Full Version : Nolathane Bushes

HarlemSessions
3rd March 2009, 07:38 PM
Update< Nolathane bushes found at Veal automotive, (on Norma Road, Myaree....Perth), $65 for top and $65 for bottom(two piece). Pedders Down the road wanted $90 a side(two piece, nolathane) and the local Repco's wanted $100 a side(two piece, nolathane) for there last pair shipped from the east coast.

I was unable to find any one piece bushes and had already purchased the nolathane items before superpro were recommended by Dish.

Shall be putting them in tommorow night.

Thanks for the info guys.

Hen may possibly be a nut
3rd March 2009, 07:53 PM
A vice (admittedly sometimes they can be tough, so a big vice helps), some random bits of tube or bolts, or sockets to press with and a little elbow grease and you're there. I've probably done half a dozen cars worth at home in a vice.

Also check prices of bushes through Bursons and Repco and so on, you should be able to get them cheaper than 200 beans.

Hen

H8CHIR6KU
3rd March 2009, 08:04 PM
be careful with trailing arm bushes tho. there are 2 types you can buy. the first is a solid type bush that will need to be pressed in (this is the one i would recommend). and then there is the other bush which is cut in the middle. this type of bush doesn't need to be pressed in, it just pushes in. but i found with these they aren't as rigid, so not really worth the money.

yoshimitsu9
3rd March 2009, 08:05 PM
shouldnt cost any where near $200 for trailing arm bushes. i remember paying somewhere around $40 for upper and lower. also theyll probably come as 2 peice bushes so they wont require pressing in, just a few taps with a mallet and youll be right

HarlemSessions
3rd March 2009, 08:25 PM
Gained some knowledge, Saved some money.

Fucking legends.

Jonny Rochester
3rd March 2009, 09:01 PM
Sometimes people have trouble with the original Toyota bushes, and they burn them out in a fire. I havn't done that before.

HarlemSessions
4th March 2009, 01:46 PM
Up top.

Dish
4th March 2009, 04:40 PM
Super pro. I wouldn't piss on nolothane anymore, latest blend of them is fucking ratshit. The older stuff is good. But superpro is worth getting. Cost me approx $80 per pair for my 86 (The two part type) so $160 all up.

I haven't done mine yet, but if yours are the casing type (metal sleeve pressed in) Hacksaw both sides of the sleeve (From inside) and then chisel the edges to fold in, take a while, but it works. If the inner bush part isn't broken enough to snap it out and get the hacksaw blade in there, break out the oxy and set fire to that shit.

sundee
5th March 2009, 10:43 PM
Sometimes people have trouble with the original Toyota bushes, and they burn them out in a fire. I havn't done that before.

hehe ive done that before! makes some wicked toxic black smoke!!

biggo
6th March 2009, 06:58 AM
5 seconds with the oxy and they just drop out. Not reccomened for your health tho hey

70XIN
6th March 2009, 10:37 AM
biggo makes threads shanty in 0.01 seconds

biggo
6th March 2009, 09:10 PM
I meant the bushes not humans for those who are confused