View Full Version : Building a new computer

Jusdrifn 86
28th March 2005, 07:26 PM
Hi Guys

I am about to buy myself a new computer

Appriximate Specs:
AMD 64 3200 Processor or better
Generic Motherboard...
Generic Case (something with a large powersupply and at least 6 - 8 usbs)
1gig ddr ram
160gb hdd (i have 2 more hdds here that i will put in aswell (in my current computer))
a 256Mb video card capable of running 2 x 17" LCDs
(i have the monitors, a cd burner, keyboard and mouse already)
Tv tuner card with remote
dvd burner, 16x dual layer brand name

and i have windows xp pro here (legit version believe it or not) so i just need all that stuff

my question is can anyone get me all that stuff there at cost price or something, do you have contacts? i dont need it built, but a package deal with all that stuff would be great ect...

please tell me if you can help out a fellow hachi owner

Justin

Jusdrifn 86
31st March 2005, 01:52 PM
BUMP

Medicine_Man
31st March 2005, 05:15 PM
I can get the parts, but I've seen too many problems with AMDs, would rather sell you an intel..

Jusdrifn 86
31st March 2005, 06:12 PM
ok, i dont have my heart set on an amd, that was just a guide

amd or P4 3200+ HT n shit

Medicine_Man
31st March 2005, 06:56 PM
post up some specs and i'll give you a price..

chee
1st April 2005, 12:21 AM
Theres nothing wrong with AMD! Im running AMD 64bit 3000+ and its awesome.

I reccomend not skimping on the motherboard. Having such a high spec computer with a poor motherboard is going to bottle neck the system. And remember to have good air flow on your computer. A nice tower case with 2 case fans should suffice.

Medicine_Man
1st April 2005, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by chee@Mar 31 2005, 11:21 PM
Theres nothing wrong with AMD! Im running AMD 64bit 3000+ and its awesome.

I reccomend not skimping on the motherboard. Having such a high spec computer with a poor motherboard is going to bottle neck the system. And remember to have good air flow on your computer. A nice tower case with 2 case fans should suffice.
Never said there was anything wrong with AMD, just of the computers I see coming into work, AMDs always seem to cause the most dramas. Also the fact that they have always had cooling issues, overclocking AMDs is just purely wank factor in my opinion. We mostly deal in Asus motherboards here, so none of that cheap gigabyte or other who flung dung cheapshit mainboards. As for case, with the new Intel prescotts, you must make sure you have a case that has the intel air guide so the processor is always getting cold air.

DRiiFT_King
3rd April 2005, 02:07 PM
look in the green guide, you can build a computer like that for aroud $1500

rthy
12th April 2005, 01:54 AM
have a look at the heat disipation of any intel prescott in watts and then compare it to an AMD. The latest intel chip actually runs so hot that it hits the thermal throttle and slows down under normal use, I dont know how they can release such a pathetic product, and thats not even mentioning that an AMD 64 beats a P4 in most of the real world tests around. So I have no idea why anyone would get one. BTW I have owned intel chips for most of my computing life so I aint no fan boy.

slide86
12th April 2005, 05:42 PM
i have an asus motherboard is that any good? lol

yeah the disc shop and game dude have some alright deals everynow and then

Medicine_Man
12th April 2005, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by D1_Spec@Apr 12 2005, 04:42 PM
yeah the disc shop and game dude have some alright deals everynow and then
but try get warranty from them when your product is faulty..

rthy
12th April 2005, 09:03 PM
I have been majorly screwed around by asus when it came to claining warranty, one board was given back saying that it wasnt a valid serial (WTF?), one just disapeared and another took about half a year, serious! So I am going to avoid them from now on. I have had a good run with Albatron though.

Medicine_Man
12th April 2005, 09:40 PM
Thats why you need to deal with someone that deals heavily in the product and will swap your board out for you quickly if its still under warranty. Wait is usually about a month if its over the 1 year mark and still within the manufacturers warranty as it has to be sent overseas to be repaired...