PDA

View Full Version : sorting this stuff out

breno
28th March 2005, 11:55 PM
There has been alot of shit goin on about the name, who came up with it, who has the rights etc. Really, we have just as much rights as any body else does, as ae86drift said. But his little followers have decided to come on here and have a bitch about this shit, if u have anything to say about this say it in here, dont litter the other forums with ur dribble.

Medicine_Man
28th March 2005, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by breno@Mar 28 2005, 10:55 PM
dont litter the other forums with ur dribble.
Too late for that really, its already been done. As for who owns it, well nobody owns the domain, so if someone registers it, what are they going to do, beat you with their keyboards? Some people aren't all talk and actually register the domain and encourage other AE86 drivers to come and share their knowledge..

chaserjs
29th March 2005, 12:06 AM
why? it just gets deleted anyhow....

Medicine_Man
29th March 2005, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by ae86drift@Mar 28 2005, 11:06 PM
why? it just gets deleted anyhow....
why not just help the forum instead of shitfighting?

breno
29th March 2005, 12:09 AM
not in this thread, mabye thats why it is here??

btw, what gives u the rights to make a .com.au site but not us to have a .tk?

chaserjs
29th March 2005, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by breno@Mar 28 2005, 11:09 PM
not in this thread, mabye thats why it is here??

btw, what gives u the rights to make a .com.au site but not us to have a .tk?
um? what?

ive got nthing against the site or what its stands for

just the name/logo....

slide86
29th March 2005, 12:17 AM
he edited the post saying he has bought the .com.au

chaserjs
29th March 2005, 12:20 AM
huh?

nonononono, i didnt buy ae86drivingclub.com.au

hehehe

sorry guys. you got me wrong there... i bought another .com.au url related to ae86's.

tehehehe http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/wink.gif *peace*

Medicine_Man
29th March 2005, 12:22 AM
I'm sure it will be a big success too, best of luck mate..

chaserjs
29th March 2005, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Medicine_Man@Mar 28 2005, 11:22 PM
I'm sure it will be a big success too, best of luck mate..
well i hope so.
its my mission to make the best ae86 website + online shop on the internet

its been 19 months in the making and its almost ready for release.

but i cant let the cat out of the bag yet.

breno
29th March 2005, 12:27 AM
dont quote me but we are not taking the rights for this, this site will be for everyone with the ae86 driving club sticker on there car.

Clutch_Happy
29th March 2005, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by ae86drift@Mar 28 2005, 11:25 PM
19 months in the making?

Thats clearly very bad e-commerce and business practice.

The functionality of web design changes a lot quicker than that, so I would suggest that if you really do have this website you speak of (and i'm not knocking what you may or 'may not' already have) that you get something online and let it start making money for you ASAP

Don't be another one of these 'wasgunnas' that 'was always gunna' have their website online.

Medicine_Man
29th March 2005, 01:41 AM
Thats exactly the point my brother made to me earlier, its quite amusing really..

chaserjs
29th March 2005, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by Slightly^Toasted+Mar 29 2005, 12:30 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-ae86drift@Mar 28 2005, 11:25 PM
19 months in the making?

Thats clearly very bad e-commerce and business practice.

The functionality of web design changes a lot quicker than that, so I would suggest that if you really do have this website you speak of (and i'm not knocking what you may or 'may not' already have) that you get something online and let it start making money for you ASAP

Don't be another one of these 'wasgunnas' that 'was always gunna' have their website online. [/b]
ahhh grasshopper... think then assess and then speak....

i run a webdesign business .... i know good/bad business practise from experience.
plus, ive got a diploma in e-commerce to boot...

19 months in the making means 19 months of using my *spare time* for content building, interface planning and database intergration planning. not to mention building the business model this site wil revolve around and the financial plan for both...

the visual/design is only a small speck on the horizon in comparison to what is being done backend.

ill put it online when its ready to be. i dont need some upstart keyboard warrior to tell me when to publish my side project.

jeez. they seem to know it all around here...

Medicine_Man
29th March 2005, 07:37 AM
People are just saying, stop being all talk, plain and simple and don't say that you aren't.

chaserjs
29th March 2005, 01:39 PM
lol

if you knew me like mos tof the other guys do. youd know im not all talk.

Medicine_Man
29th March 2005, 02:05 PM
Well you've made a good first impression of being all talk, some people actually got off their arse to help get the community together and you start going off about it.

Better to say something constructive or say nothing at all.

chaserjs
29th March 2005, 03:08 PM
my criticism was/is constructive. and only about the use of a logo.

and if i look like im all talk, then you obviously dont know what ive done to bring ae86 owners together already. but thats coz its mainly in nsw, sa, vic,

*sigh*

never mind, you will see in a short time anyhow what ive been working on.

indi
29th March 2005, 04:07 PM
Wow http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/ohmy.gif poor Garth (is that your name ae86drift?) cant open his mouth without someone jumping down his throat! Try decaf guys!

Looking at it from both sides I have to say that the first time I saw those AE86 driving club stickers I went looking for a related website thinking it would be great to join a club of all AE86 owners and was disappointed that there wasn't one. I dont see what the point is of having the stickers for a driving club if there is no actual club?

But on the other side of the coin when I read about these forums on Toymods I assumed it was associated with the stickers I had seen around so I think it is a valid argument to say that people who have those stickers are going to be seen as being associated with these forums whether they like it or not which really isnt fair to them.

But the people that started these arguments on Toymods (whoever wants to take the blame) should realise that its plain commonsense to have a website servicing this group of people who have those stickers. ae86drift I know that you are planning to make one but if people dont know about it can you really blame them for starting their own? There was a need which was currently unfulfilled and these guys filled it, I dont see anything wrong with that. If you are making this great website you are talking about why not get these guys on board and incorporate these forums into it? Work with each other rather than against each other?

/end rant

Jusdrifn 86
29th March 2005, 04:58 PM
i agree 100% indi, my mate gave me a sticker to put on my hachi and he said 'its currently a club in japan" or something, i just thought imeadiately that i would love to be the guy who runs the australian branch of that club...

its just a club for owners and lovers of the ae86 (best made car ever imo) to talk about their passions and to get along well... if something isnt right, post it in the website ideas section, but just try to keep everyone happy

willy
29th March 2005, 07:48 PM
This is all really sad...

For everyone else it just looks like you've tried to pass it off as your own club, whether on not thats what you were trying to do, thats what it seems like...

I think its safe to say that nobody in Australia started the club... You should have tried to ask the real AE86Driving Club if you can become a branch to avoid all this hoo haa...

Shiri
29th March 2005, 07:51 PM
i have a small driving club ae86 sticker on my window...

i do not want to be associated at all with this club in particular...

i signed up just to say that and that's all i'll be saying on these forums... if this club changes its website later as u say, im sure you guys can take 30 minutes of ur time and come up with an original sticker for ur club... i'll be dandy with that http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif gl with ur club

Medicine_Man
29th March 2005, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by ShiRi@Mar 29 2005, 06:51 PM
i have a small driving club ae86 sticker on my window...

i do not want to be associated at all with this club in particular...

i signed up just to say that and that's all i'll be saying on these forums... if this club changes its website later as u say, im sure you guys can take 30 minutes of ur time and come up with an original sticker for ur club... i'll be dandy with that http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif gl with ur club
why even bother signing up?

chaserjs
29th March 2005, 08:37 PM
to add you his opinion on the matter.

dont you see? .. *sigh*

slide86
29th March 2005, 08:46 PM
well if there wasnt all this hype started by good old toymods members i dont think anyone would care. but now it seems they have come out of there way just to bitch because other members are doing it. so it is cool to do it. if there wasnt the big fight about who started what and all that do you seriously think people would be coming on here and saying this kind of thing? no who really cares grow up and get over it

Medicine_Man
29th March 2005, 08:48 PM
How hard is it to get through to you, if you don't want to be part of the discussion, then simply don't log on, take your keyboard wars elsewhere.