PDA

View Full Version : shapelle verdict

halifax
27th May 2005, 08:17 PM
so what do u guys think about the verdict i think she was innocent so i feel sorry for her

slide86
27th May 2005, 08:23 PM
yeah i feel sorry for her to
20 years sucks

i heard some interesting things today though
her brother is in jail for armed robbery and her dad was or is in jail for drug trafficing, or is a drug lord or something

i dont know if any of this is true but if it is, it puts a twist to the innocence

Blood Child
27th May 2005, 08:24 PM
aside from the fact that they took none of the defence witness's statements into consideration, i think it was a fair trial.
apparently johnny is lending her two queen's counsels for the appeals though.
i also think she is innocent

Blood Child
27th May 2005, 08:29 PM
i have been to jail myself, and i must say that it isn't a particularly nice place to be. i can't imagine how much worse it would be in an indonesian prison. i hope she at least gets transferred back here soon

seek
27th May 2005, 08:39 PM
Do the crime do the time. Theres nothing to point at that it wasnt actually her is there?

DRFT - 86
27th May 2005, 08:40 PM
Yeh I feel for her ahy......hopefully she can get aquited after the appeals somehow.
Its pretty fucked up that she has had to go through all that shit.
Oh yeh...I reckon shes innocent.

DRiiFT_King
27th May 2005, 09:37 PM
ive heard so many stories today, i heard that her family is realy big in the drug sceane, she is a ex-whore, they found a personal stash of her and her brothers a drug lord and she was his runner.

i dont see why you would take that much drugs over to there, she we loose out when she sells them

i think someone put it in her boogy board bag cause they thought it was going to end up on the gold coast

anything the media goes over the top with, i loose interest in!

upgarage
27th May 2005, 09:45 PM
i reckon shes guilty

why would the indonesians lie? they have nothing to gain

i have also heard the dad is a convicted drug trafficker so thats why they dont interview him.

indi
27th May 2005, 09:45 PM
I'm just glad that cameras arent allowed in our court rooms. It was on the TV when I was waiting in line at the bank today. What a f**king circus! I hate commercial media, such heartless wankers.

drft86
27th May 2005, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by THE 86@May 27 2005, 07:39 PM
Do the crime do the time. Theres nothing to point at that it wasnt actually her is there?
TO TRUE.

But i also believe little jonny should pull his tounge out of the indonesian governments ass and gave a little more assistance.

It all seems to stupid to try and smuggle drugs in your bag just floating around so's that the second you open it they fall out at you

Blood Child
27th May 2005, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by drft86@May 27 2005, 09:37 PM
TO TRUE.

But i also believe little jonny should pull his tounge out of the indonesian governments ass and gave a little more assistance.

It all seems to stupid to try and smuggle drugs in your bag just floating around so's that the second you open it they fall out at you
i heard on triple j this arvo that our little johnny has in fact offered schapelle the full services of not one, but two, queen's counsels to assist in her defence on the appeals.
now as far as i know, queen's counsels are pretty much the ultimate in legal representation. by all means correct me if i'm wrong.
also, mad ron and his legal team are still doing their best on this case too

mikes86
28th May 2005, 12:43 AM
yeh i dont really care personally i think shes guilty and she got what was coming, but not my life not my problem

upgarage
28th May 2005, 02:35 PM
what can john howard do?

its their country and thats their laws

the indonesians shouldnt be pressured into giving her special treatment

NickAE86
28th May 2005, 03:43 PM
Her father was convicted of trafficking back in the 70's or 80's. Theres no point smuggling ganja into bali as its too expensive & risky...they have more than ample supply there

The notion of innocent until proven guilty doesnt exist in indonesia...theres no evidence to support the prosecutions case...or hers for that matter. What stinks is the fact that she's been convicted on possibilty its hers. If it was Australia she would've gotten off. The mere fact that the evidence was tampered with would mean the case would be thrown out (in Aus)

Personally i think she copped a harsh sentance because of the way Australians & the media have reacted to it. I dont mean to sterotype but it seems to be the case that asian countries would prefer to save face than admit they are wrong.

The only unusal thing i find about her story is the fact she mentions she's an avid boogy boarder and has used the same board/bag for 7 years. A well used board wont last 7 years....i have a few mates that have to replace their boards almost on a yearly basis

at the end of the day theres nothing the Australian govt can do about it...they have to respect the ruling of the Indonesian court of law

upgarage
28th May 2005, 04:08 PM
actually there is a point in smuggling marijuana in

the mull in indonesian is average to say the least and australia has some high quality hydroponic setups

JohnO
28th May 2005, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Blood Child@May 27 2005, 07:29 PM
i have been to jail myself, and i must say that it isn't a particularly nice place to be. i can't imagine how much worse it would be in an indonesian prison. i hope she at least gets transferred back here soon
dont need to know why

you gotta understand is that the media will manipulate these kind of things, if she was guilty wouldnt of made much of a story would it?

Medicine_Man
28th May 2005, 08:17 PM
They acted on the evidence they had and are just doing their job, sucks to be her i do admit, but it really can fall either way, theres no real way to be sure what happened, i'm sure they will get her back to australia one way or the other.. she has the right to an appeal and i'm sure she will have lots of help being such a big case, best of luck to her anyway..

JohnO
7th June 2005, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by OverDose+May 28 2005, 06:14 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Blood Child@May 27 2005, 07:29 PM
dont need to know why

you gotta understand is that the media will manipulate these kind of things, if she was guilty wouldnt of made much of a story would it? [/b]
huh i never said that,

how come my post was edited?

KAWAII_hachi_roku
6th February 2006, 05:32 PM
corby is guilty drug smuggler. hang!

eastcoastdrifter
6th February 2006, 05:40 PM
you do like writting on Old threads dont you Kawaii lol

KAWAII_hachi_roku
6th February 2006, 05:56 PM
sorry sir! http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

eastcoastdrifter
6th February 2006, 06:16 PM
all good lol

ae86hachiroku
7th February 2006, 06:44 PM
im not sure whether she is innocent is or not..
who would be dumb enough to try and smuggle that much thru a bodyboard bag? or is she really that dumb? meh

Ken

sharpie_13
7th February 2006, 06:55 PM
she might be that dumb i mean think about it.
what was she caught with 5kg??? of it
now u cant tell me that u wouldnt notice something as heavy as a bag of potatoes in ur bodyboard bag?? i dun think bodyboards are that heavy.

KAWAII_hachi_roku
7th February 2006, 07:11 PM
what's the f**k! why is there beliefe of innocence? she is guilty of drug trafficer! her family are what i have been told "BOGAN?" is this truth? i can not find this word in dictionary so i am unsure, and sorry if it offend anyone http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/sad.gif .......

mc68
7th February 2006, 08:43 PM
shes a stoner, family are bogans yes...her brother is also in trail from drug dealing...but even if she is guilty, why was she smuggling such a large amount into bali, when its cheaper there anyway, she was gonna loose money...

that said, 20 yrs for chronic, 2.5 yrs for blowing up 188 people...justice fellars.

KAWAII_hachi_roku
8th February 2006, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by mc68@Feb 7 2006, 07:43 PM
shes a stoner, family are bogans yes...her brother is also in trail from drug dealing...but even if she is guilty, why was she smuggling such a large amount into bali, when its cheaper there anyway, she was gonna loose money...

that said, 20 yrs for chronic, 2.5 yrs for blowing up 188 people...justice fellars.
australia weed is better quality and higher price is pay there than bali weed that is why she DID traffic drugs!

GTVAE86
8th February 2006, 11:37 AM
Who gives a shit. She is guilty, and stupid. I was told by a very reliable source that when customs went to open her bodyboard bag, she begged them not to, plus the fact that she had to carry that bag from the luggage bay to customs (she must have known something was wrong). If that doesnt mean she knew what was in the bag then I am a monkey's uncle.

You are an idiot if you try to traffic drugs into Bali especially with all the warnings around the airport saying it is an executable offence.

Thats it, this topic is like a year old anyway.

THIS TOPIC SHOULD BE CLOSED OR LOCKED.

Medicine_Man
8th February 2006, 12:35 PM
Suggestion taken,

Topic Closed..