PDA

View Full Version : Engines for 86's?

Shadowfenix
3rd June 2005, 08:30 PM
i know about the 4ac, age etc, but what i wanna know is, would an rb20 or 25 fit in a sprinter?

Medicine_Man
3rd June 2005, 08:58 PM
think RB25 has been done before

RobertoX
3rd June 2005, 09:14 PM
"shakes head"

what is peoples obsession with stupid engine choices??

im putting an eco tec v6 in my next sprinter on lpg with heavily retarded timing that will be sikker than AIDZ yo

im sorry but please state your motive behind wanting to put a heavy nissan engine in your car?

if it is for drift, it has been tried and by all account FAILED miserably, look up weight distribution and balance in the dictionary

if it is for drag, yes would be effective, but then tell me how it is superior to the 1jz? and then u will do some research and realise 1jz is a MUCH MUCH better option!!

if it is for show, cross breeding is ugly!!!!!! you will get noticed, but for the wrong reasons!!

have u considered costs etc? u know all the engine mounts etc are going to have to be custom, there will be LOTS of work!

it has been proved 4age with ze bottom end and a turbo can make 220 rwkw reliably, any more than that and u start twisting chassis etc, how fast do u need to go?
i feel sick!!!

Shadowfenix
3rd June 2005, 09:15 PM
i wouldnt mind havin an 86 with an rb25dett in it, if it is possible...

keep in mind im not that good with technical stuffs hence why im asking

sic86
3rd June 2005, 09:17 PM
The RB25 in the ae86 was running flat 12's, that is not really that fast.
If I had a choice of another engine, it would be a SR20.

Cheers

sic86
3rd June 2005, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by truenosedan@Jun 3 2005, 08:14 PM
"shakes head"

im putting an eco tec v6 in my next sprinter on lpg with heavily retarded timing that will be sikker than AIDZ yo

im sorry but please state your motive behind wanting to put a heavy nissan engine in your car?

if it is for drift, it has been tried and by all account FAILED miserably, look up weight distribution and balance in the dictionary

if it is for drag, yes would be effective, but then tell me how it is superior to the 1jz? and then u will do some research and realise 1jz is a MUCH MUCH better option!!

if it is for show, cross breeding is ugly!!!!!! you will get noticed, but for the wrong reasons!!

have u considered costs etc? u know all the engine mounts etc are going to have to be custom, there will be LOTS of work!

it has been proved 4age with ze bottom end and a turbo can make 220 rwkw reliably, any more than that and u start twisting chassis etc, how fast do u need to go?
i feel sick!!!
see?, i didnt know that (see previous post on being a newbie to tech stuff)

RobertoX
3rd June 2005, 09:25 PM
yes it IS possible, but please please DONT do it!!!

what ae86 do you own? what engine? learn to drive properly then think about engines

may i ask your age?

as i said QUESTION YOUR MOTIVE for wanting to do it

if you "arent good with technical stuffs" i hope u have AT LEAST $10,000 in the bank!!!!!!!

anyway topic wil be locked soon

go to google.com do some research please

RobertoX
3rd June 2005, 09:27 PM
if you want an rb25 (not a bad engine at all), buy a skyline

Shadowfenix
3rd June 2005, 09:31 PM
i actually dont own one

im 18

was just inquiring as to whether it is possible. wasnt actually going to do it

RobertoX
3rd June 2005, 09:36 PM
no worries, good luck finding a clean one, ebay has a couple i think, topic locked

seek
3rd June 2005, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Alan@Jun 3 2005, 08:17 PM

Cheers
The RB25DET in sprinter i assume you are reffering to is NIS25, the QLD one? If so that has runa best time in the 10 sec zone somewhere................

Its up to personal choice as to what you want to put in and how large your budget is. Im assuming you want to do it just to have something different? If so go for it, not many RB25DET sprinters around lol

funkymonkey
4th June 2005, 03:19 AM
I have an RB25 and an AE86 sitting in my garage... does that count? http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif

If you absolutely had to go for a Nissan engine for pure volume, torque and drag purposes, you'd be better off getting a V8 or V6 engine (ie out of a Q45 or 300zx). Higher capacity and shorter block, allowing you to put it into a smallish enginebay like the AE86 and still have room for the hood to close and have piping in front for an FMIC.

If you were after bang for buck, I'd reccomend a CA18DET or better yet the lighter alloy block + VVT later SR20DET. The RB is an engine that's only suited to some cars, due to its weight, height and length... and an AE86 isn't one... unless you wanted to use it in motocross where you need the car to pivot on the engine.

To answer your question I'm sure it is possible, but as it requires a lot of money (or a lot of favours from workshops), sound knowledge of either the car or the engine, its not for everyone and it will no doubt cost a LOT of money. I've seen lots of guys gettin into the sprinters or skylines etc have grand dreams, when realistically you should be taking baby steps... buy the car, appreciate it for what it is, mod it etc. Engine swaps are not like changing underwear, it changes the whole car.

truenosedan... less moderation... more public relations mate... take it easy on the noobs.

sic86
4th June 2005, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by THE 86+Jun 3 2005, 10:48 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Alan@Jun 3 2005, 08:17 PM

Cheers
The RB25DET in sprinter i assume you are reffering to is NIS25, the QLD one? If so that has runa best time in the 10 sec zone somewhere................

Its up to personal choice as to what you want to put in and how large your budget is. Im assuming you want to do it just to have something different? If so go for it, not many RB25DET sprinters around lol [/b]
Well in a mag I got, it has a picture of a RB25DET in a AE86 and they said that the best time was a flat 12.

Do you even know why u want a RB25 in a AE86??? Is it just to be cool???

Cheers

mikes86
4th June 2005, 08:44 AM
yes that NIS-25 does run a good 1/4 mile but have you seen how much it twist and moves as it goes down the straight!

sic86
4th June 2005, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by mikes86@Jun 4 2005, 07:44 AM
yes that NIS-25 does run a good 1/4 mile but have you seen how much it twist and moves as it goes down the straight!
lol, probably would. There use to be a TA22 (i think) celica in town with a SR20 which was running high 10's - low 11's.

Cheers

86WANNABE
15th December 2005, 02:35 PM
Both Truenosedan and Funkymonkey are giving sound advise. http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/cool.gif

Totally agree with the fact of putting more research into what sort of engine you would like in your 86. There is alot of research involved and it is not as easy as going I want that motor in there and putting it in. Know what you would like to achieve with your car first , what direction you want to head.

Keep your senses about you, dont be scared to ask the questions need to be asked and make sure its what you want at the end of the day because thats what counts the most.

GL with the searching and project if you go through with it anyway

Dorio86
15th December 2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by truenosedan@Jun 3 2005, 08:14 PM
"shakes head"

i feel sick!!!
Shut your shit hole, people sometimes like myself like to be unique and not everyone does drifting and sprinters drift well wiht sr20dets and 4g's, 3sgte's are a rip off if you ask me.

"is for show, cross breeding is ugly!!!!!! you will get noticed, but for the wrong reasons!!"
And what reason is that? Because "oh its not a toyota"?? Dick head

"it has been proved 4age with ze bottom end and a turbo can make 220 rwkw reliably, any more than that and u start twisting chassis etc, how fast do u need to go?
i feel sick!!!"
What another load of horse shit, I want to see your face when my low 11sec sprinter blowns your doors and driftes better on fast circuits.

"if it is for drift, it has been tried and by all account FAILED miserably, look up weight distribution and balance in the dictionary"
It depends, you can get away with a lot of engines, v6 1jz, 2jz are heavy and makes drifting a pain.

Dorio86
15th December 2005, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by truenosedan@Jun 3 2005, 08:25 PM
if you "arent good with technical stuffs" i hope u have AT LEAST $10,000 in the bank!!!!!!!
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/laugh.gif Please tell me your joking.

Dorio86
15th December 2005, 02:57 PM
http://www.fr33z3.net/starions/oct23_0001z.jpg

You can't tell it's a 2.4ltr can you?

If you have the money or want something that performs better go for it, don't let jealous people tell you what to do.

RobertoX
15th December 2005, 03:18 PM
way to go buddy tracking down my posts from 6 months ago...
just to start a shit fight...

i thought you being older would be more mature

4g63 are an excellent motor, a close mate of mine had one in a galant, it ran an 11..

cool, lets see it doing laps on a track or forest as that seems to be your forte...

you put off getting your LHD beemer here to build the sprinter?

i dont care if your car handles better than mine or runs low 11's

i have a ke70 that gives me plenty of jolies when i need them, i would rather build my business and leave my ae86 sitting on axle stands

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/1286/sv3012436cz.jpg

as for the $10000 comment what did you mean? as in it costs less? i hope not

slide86
15th December 2005, 03:28 PM
Dorio86 grow up
topic closed because of ur shit stirring