PDA

View Full Version : 4age wiring

ae86dave
4th June 2005, 11:17 PM
im just wondering do i need an oxygen sensor to run my 4age will
it affect performance. cheers .

screech
5th June 2005, 01:01 PM
what computer will you be running? standard ECU's use the O2 sensor to tell how much fuel is going into the engine and being burned. without this sensor your computer will not sense this and prob think that there is not enough fuel resulting in a rich fuel mixture, or it might just go into limp mode, and barely run the engine at all.

i have seen a 86 run well without one, but his had a microtech ECU. the car ran fine and went well (had a 20V) but used the fuel to do it. whe i re wired his computer we fitted an O2 sensor and wired it up hoping that this might reduce fuel consumption. i cant say if this worked because the car is not yet on the road, (See craigs AE86 project in members cars).

ae86dave
5th June 2005, 01:13 PM
its a fwd red & black top 4age but i've adapted rwd blue top loom
running a standard ecu (just waiting for it) my o2 sensor was cut off
but i have another would it be worth me putting it on. cheers.

sic86
5th June 2005, 01:31 PM
Do the 4AGE's only need one wire???

Cheers

ae86dave
5th June 2005, 07:25 PM
mines only got one black wire for o2 sensor, also could some one send
me a pic of their o2 sensor on a fwd red & black top.

cheers. ae86dave@hotmail.com

ae86dave
5th June 2005, 11:24 PM
and im running standard ecu.

screech
7th June 2005, 11:06 PM
yep only one wire connects to the o2 sensor because the other end is the earth through the exhaust manifold to the head through the earth strap and to the battery. dont ask me about colours though my car has an aftermarket ECU.

ae86dave
7th June 2005, 11:12 PM
single black wire?

sic86
8th June 2005, 07:39 PM
Mine also has one wire.
Go to google.com.au and type in 4AGE in Images and compare to other ones.

Cheers

drft86
10th June 2005, 10:16 AM
The oxygen sensor is only actually used in cruise mode. This is when the car is in the approximate rev range of 2500 to 3500(highway driving). The engine will run absoloutely fine without it, although it may use a little more fuel than it should otherwise.

onewish
25th October 2006, 03:04 PM
The oxygen sensor is only actually used in cruise mode. This is when the car is in the approximate rev range of 2500 to 3500(highway driving). The engine will run absoloutely fine without it, although it may use a little more fuel than it should otherwise.[/b]

Will this be the same for a standard 4AGZE MAP sensored engine setup?

Hen is a total nutcase
25th October 2006, 03:17 PM
As stated above, the O2 sensor is only used during cruise to maintain relatively lean mixtures. Once you hit high revs or large throttle opening then the ECU doesn't take any notice of the oxy sensor.

So your car (GE, ZE whatever) will run fine without it. It may use a little more fuel but it is really no big deal.

Hen