PDA

View Full Version : ca18 ae86

choonga
5th June 2005, 06:30 PM
Hello, what are the sorts of things needed to fit a ca18det into a ae86? i can fit the engine my self so that will save money, how much will the parts cost? like engine mounts and gear box mounts, Will i need a special drive sharft?
Thank's

seek
5th June 2005, 06:39 PM
Engine mounts/Gearbox mounts $450 (I have a spare set here you can have cheap if need be)
Tailshaft needs to be modified
Will need to either modify exiisting gearbox or mount the shifter forward
Wiring to hachi itself
Radiator and hoses
Intercooler (depends on if you want aftermarket or standard)
Exhaust
Few other bits ive forgotten about

Depends really on if you want a track only car or a road car thats leagal as to what you really have to do. Also wether its going into a JDM or ADM shell (power steering setup in the JDM is a bitch to get the engine over trust me..............)

choonga
5th June 2005, 06:49 PM
Thank's for your help, it will be a track car, so it don't need to be leagal.

seek
5th June 2005, 07:05 PM
If not legal then is much easier lol.

funkymonkey
5th June 2005, 07:31 PM
engine mounts cost about an hour and a welder with some bits of metal with thick polyeurathane bushings.

driveshaft has to be custom made (take an AE86 and silvia one to an engineering shop and tell em to make it to the right length). A lil easier if you change the rear axle to something like an R31 solid rear axle.

Someone was telling me about having to modify the sump of the CA18 as it was oil starved or something... never found this to be the case. Some guys have put CA's into their cars and had em fail a couple of times before they got it right... dunno why, but I'd like to know so I can fix it before it shows up.

driftae86
6th June 2005, 02:43 AM
upgarage is in the process of a CA conversion, talk to him

choonga
6th June 2005, 04:06 PM
Thank's people for your help.