PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an auto App

shift_rook
5th March 2009, 12:56 PM
anyone know any good workshops looking for 1st years, already done a cert 2 and i'm pretty handy with a spanner, want to turn it into a career, would prefer to find a place in the s.e suburbs but if it's a good place i'm happy to travel. prefer an independant/ performance garage don't really want to be stuck at a dealership, more than happy to sweep floors but yeah gotta find a place that'll teach me more than just that

julzy
5th March 2009, 01:33 PM
appsvic.com.au

blacktopspirit
5th March 2009, 03:13 PM
I'll ask a couple of mate's if you want?

ones in Lilydale and the others in Dandenong, you would want to get into the Dandenong one though, he does performance work!

shift_rook
5th March 2009, 03:38 PM
yeah man sounds excellent, thanks for the link julzy, will check it out

dustyae86
6th March 2009, 07:59 AM
in all honesty, now is not teh best time to be getting into the auto trade, not sure how other places are faring but I have spoken to a fair few other workshops and their all pretty quite, we a are nearly the quitest we have ever been, and unfortunately if the shit hits the fan the apprentice is the first to go

shift_rook
6th March 2009, 08:23 AM
yeah i suppose ya right ey, ah well not to matter, checkin out 2 places next week, one place i'm checkin out is contracted with the ambo's so i doubt they'll ever get very quiet

marlon
6th March 2009, 11:33 AM
very few people are looking for apprentices at the moment. ive been looking for an electrical apprenticeship for a couple of months now, and usually get the same response- they have little work.

sprinter666
15th March 2009, 10:12 PM
theres vacc aswell i put my name down with them