PDA

View Full Version : Dont slide on the road.

decoyslikecurves
1st July 2005, 01:52 AM
Today went out for a little slide in an industrial area around here with some mates in a soarer, rwd locker celica, 32 gts etc etc. A few other guys I know where hanging out on the main straight of the course we were taking, to get glimpses of the cars coming sideways out of the last corner. It so happens I nailed a slide using compression lock... full steering lock and foot flat to the floor, came round way before entry and slid all the way through.

It also so happens that the police were sitting on that straight facing in my direction as I blasted round the final corner, tyres screaching and lock wound. I got 240$ and 2 points, my first ones.

Anyone else got some stories about road muck ups involving police?

PLEASE NOTE: I do not condone illegal or stupif behaviour on the streets, and regret doing what I did tonight. Dont do dumb stuff on the streets, they have tracks for that.

samuel
1st July 2005, 12:09 PM
You are a moron.

They should have impounded your car

Dont do dumb stuff on the streets, they have tracks for that.[/b]

Listen to your own advice

Daniel-AE86
1st July 2005, 12:37 PM
I have stories that I wosto drift by accident, i swear http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/laugh.gif

But being serious, do this in a place that puts no one in risk. Oran park is alot more fun.

decoyslikecurves
1st July 2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by toyspares@Jul 5 2005, 05:09 AM
You are a moron.

They should have impounded your car

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Dont do dumb stuff on the streets, they have tracks for that.

Listen to your own advice [/b][/quote]
Settle down now, you cant honestly say you have never done something like this on the street, I know it was stupid, admitted to it and now Im paying for it. I dont do it all the time, it just we decided to go out for 1 tiny run in the local industrial area late at night and happened to get stung, im not doing it again thats for sure.

Im not boasting or bragging, just setting a topic for conversation, or perhaps this could serve as a warning for other people to learn from my mistakes or others mistakes?

We're all freinds here.
Oh and the reasont they didn't impound the car was because I was very co-operative and admitted straight off it was a purposeful act. Also, the road was wet so it was classified as undue noise, seeing my car isn't powerful or loud enouigh to create tyre smoke etc

Black_Hachi
1st July 2005, 01:01 PM
I think we should all keep stories like these to ourselves until we can share them in a car park @ 12pm face-to-face.

Lets try and keep ae86 driving club apart from clubs like the Kommo Kar Klub in Adelaide hey?

DRFTAE86
1st July 2005, 02:37 PM
Dam aussie cops....
In japan all they do is flash there lights and scare every1 to leave.

If only that happened here. http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/ph34r.gif

decoyslikecurves
1st July 2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Black_Hachi@Jul 5 2005, 06:01 AM
I think we should all keep stories like these to ourselves until we can share them in a car park @ 12pm face-to-face.

Lets try and keep ae86 driving club apart from clubs like the Kommo Kar Klub in Adelaide hey?
Okay thats fair enough.

funkymonkey
1st July 2005, 03:47 PM
in japan they also had a crazed cult leader that encouraged social disruption by genocide... and the cops still flashed their lights...

The sole reason cops are hard arses here are becasue people abuse the freedom given to them.

indi
1st July 2005, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by DRFTAE86@Jul 1 2005, 01:37 PM
Dam aussie cops....
In japan all they do is flash there lights and scare every1 to leave.

If only that happened here. http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/ph34r.gif
And they run away if you chase them with a baseball bat http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

But seriously if that did happen here there would be a lot more wooden crosses with RIP (insert teenagers name here) stuck in the ground around industrial areas and twisty mountain roads.

Dude you're lucky the police were sitting there waiting for you and not coming around the corner you were drifting around. As bad as it is getting done for noise just imagine how much s**t you would be in if you ran into a police car http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/blink.gif

funkymonkey
1st July 2005, 04:16 PM
hehe AE86 vs commonwhore in a head on collision... i think the hachi-rusto would have imploded, and maybe a couple of scratches on the commonwhore

decoyslikecurves
1st July 2005, 05:33 PM
Haha yeah the 86's are built like a sardine can.
It being night, you can see headlights, and also the corner isn't completely blind, you can see if people are there, I saw the headlights sitting by the side of the road and assumed it was one of the guys I was with. they were undercover police.

I agree though, I have no reason to dislike australian police, so far they have been very polite and respectful to me, in the few incidents I have had with them, even if I was in the wrong. I just find if you are polite and courteous to them they treat you that way too.

DRFTAE86
1st July 2005, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by funkymonkey@Jul 1 2005, 02:47 PM
in japan they also had a crazed cult leader that encouraged social disruption by genocide... and the cops still flashed their lights...

The sole reason cops are hard arses here are becasue people abuse the freedom given to them.
You are that cult leader aren't you! aren't you!

Gilly
1st July 2005, 10:12 PM
general tip, slow it down in the rain. tues day night on the way home in the wet braking and turning right was enough to un settle the rear of my sprinter. tried to get it back jumped two fronts up the gutter slid through two front yards and into a powerpole all at a measley 50kph. when your trying to drift at least you can anticipate spinning in general driving you got nothing, car gave no warning just went around nearly got it back but then i met the gutter. just a tip kids slow it down in the rain

damage bill http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/sad.gif

1 sprinter
3 superlites (brand new)
extreme embarrasment
pissed off guy with a ruined front yard (bye bye weekends)
pissed off police
pissed off ambos
pissed off fire crew
pissed off energex crew

however 1 kid said his favourite part was when i hit the post. no consolation http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/sad.gif

worst of all it took six months to build the car two months to lay a slab and put a carport up to build the car and now i have to tell my missus i have to start again. oh yeah and the car had only been on the road for 5 weeks. can you hear me crying?

crazy86
1st July 2005, 11:41 PM
^^^
A good reason to make those little compromises when building a track car that has to be daily driven on the street.
You combine hard springs and stiff shocks on wet public roads with bumps/potholes/oil and it could all end in tears. Sure, the car will grip the road, probably better than before, but once it lets go, it lets go twice as hard, and is heaps harder to get back, and thats if you are actually concentrating, not listening to the radio, texting and scratching yr nuts(if ya got 'em http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/wink.gif ).

PS, 20v AE86, Im not having a go, I feel your pain http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/sad.gif . I'm just sharing my own thoughts after similar experiences when i was younger

samuel
2nd July 2005, 03:00 AM
Shit mate, thats not good at all...

We have all done something silly at one stage or another.

Pick up the pieces and keep on fighting along, its the only way to do it.

funkymonkey
2nd July 2005, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by DRFTAE86@Jul 5 2005, 12:52 PM
You are that cult leader aren't you! aren't you!
What do you think Super Fun Happy Sliders was?

All 16-18 year olds have to suffer a tragic slap down by the law, with a firm clasp put around their testicles before they realise that with "great power (rwkw) comes great responsibility".

Its like a part of growing up, something has to happen to take away that feeling that you are invincible, and then you become a mature driver. I think all car enthusiasts go thru that experience at one stage or other in their life.

Daniel-AE86
2nd July 2005, 10:54 PM
Yes, I went through that also, going at a roundabout too fast(within the speed limit) making the rear slide in the wet(4ac (less the hp the harder it is to drift in the dry) the konis reds were in the softest setting making me slide smoothly INTO A TREE, good thing the hand brake worked http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/laugh.gif

Just though I'll mention this.
In Japan years ago, to qualify in the N1 TRD sprinter races you had to race around a wet track clocking the best lap within twenty avoinding has much over and understeer has possible(has you will lose speed. No kids, don't believe in ID)

screech
4th July 2005, 08:07 PM
here is my true story, and i can write this because i copped the punishment for it.

i met a guy who was crazy about 86's but didnt have one at the time. i offered to take him for a spin in my car.

as we drove i lined up a 90 degree left hander, and increased speed preparing for a brake drift. my passenger knew what i was up to.

i ploughed through the corner and punched it up the street before i heard him say these dreaded words

"there was a cop there on that corner!"

I was concentrating so much on this corner that i did not realise the bright reflective "im o f*** you up P-plater" stickers of a highway patrol car right on the apex of the turn, parked. i drifted full throttle past him.

after this discovery i pulled over before he even put his lights on. copped a neg driving ticket and that was the last of my points on my license. i had to say hello to 3 months of "can i get a lift?"

True to the title of this thread, i no longer do silly things on the street* now that ive been to the track.

Blood Child
4th July 2005, 08:39 PM
i learned my lesson a more frustrating way
you think three months of asking for a lift is bad?
the entire time you were asking for a lift i was locked up, for doing much less than even sliding around a corner in front of some cops.
i did, however, commit these lesser offences numerous times without learning any lesson whatsoever (the invincible 16 year old stage).
it's been two years since then, and i believe that i have learned a valuable lesson or two.

by the way, as well as going to jail for three months, i had my licence (read - learner's permit) suspended for two years.
i can get my learner's back on the 22nd of this month, but i have to start all over again. so another 6 months til i can get my Ps

i hope you enjoyed my story and maybe even learned my lesson from it

screech
5th July 2005, 05:06 PM
ouch that hurts, blood child! bein locked up for driving misdemeanors.

i think it may suck even more for you because you cant get a turbo or charged engine any more due to our new laws (FKN useless RTA). i dont know if yours already is though.

there is a lesson to be learned here people...

Keep it on the TRACK!!

Blood Child
5th July 2005, 10:23 PM
fortunately mine is still stock, but as far as i know that hasn't happened in Qld yet anyway

indi
7th July 2005, 01:31 PM
What was the actual charge when you went to jail? Was it for driving unlicenced?

drft86
7th July 2005, 05:05 PM
dammmm some of use have bad luck.

i got done for driftn in the wet the other day, around a 90' corner continued up the road then through another roundabout and got $240 and NO points

Blood Child
7th July 2005, 11:28 PM
i'm pretty sure it was either:
A. unlicenced driving
B. driving on a suspended licence
C. speeding
D. driving unaccompanied on a learner's permit
or
E. all of the above

indi
8th July 2005, 12:47 PM
I was just wondering because someone had their licence suspended for speeding and kept driving, they got busted for driving while suspended and they are worried about what might happen, I'm wondering if its possible they could get jail time too. My friend's ex got busted for driving unlicenced when his licence expired and he forgot to renew it and he got jail time http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/blink.gif but he was a total d**k to the police and the judge, not real smart that one http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/dry.gif

surfingisfun
14th July 2005, 02:45 PM
hahaha listen to yaself gav you love it that night! we were all winding lock and shredding that place up! and we had fun we will just have to keep moving to more and more places and not stick in 1 for so long! wanna drift 2nite? i think it will be wet?

hahahahah yeah dawg!

DRiiFT_King
14th July 2005, 06:54 PM
shame on you!!

b1gb3n
25th August 2005, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by drft86@Jul 7 2005, 04:05 PM
dammmm some of use have bad luck.

i got done for driftn in the wet the other day, around a 90' corner continued up the road then through another roundabout and got $240 and NO points
i tried drifting on the 90 degree corner outside my hse on the way home the other nite. it was wet. ended up doing a 270 degree turn.

turned off my lights into stealth mode and drove into garage quickly. all good now

DRFT - 86
25th August 2005, 11:10 AM
gotta love stealth mode....lol........... used on many occasions...

SirLyndon
25th August 2005, 09:10 PM
hahahaha my mate took my sprinter out at 3am and blasted around our neighbourhood (JUST moved into rented place too!) for a good 10 minutes like a adjective madman (swears he wasnt drunk) ....

the next day i had to drive down to the local shopping centre... i started the car and backed it out my garage, and just my luck, THE WHOLE adjective STREET was outside doing pleasant family sunny-day things... DEATH STARES BY ALL..

wish there was a stealth mode for day time!!.....

[note: i will have my vengence on my mate:he owns a FULLY SICK CLUBBY with 18s, now lets see how long i can pull a standstill for] http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/wink.gif