PDA

View Full Version : T 18 axle sizes

Gilly
1st July 2005, 09:31 PM
apparantly t18 axles are the same as early ae86 splined axles is this true i wasn't even aware there were early and late axles how do you know what you've got? don't want to order the wrong center, i think people could get caught out if they don't know the difference, especially if buying lsd centres 2nd hand $$$$$$$ http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/huh.gif

DRFTAE86
2nd July 2005, 01:25 PM
If i'm wrong, some1 please correct me. I'm also new at the t-18 info, but this is what i've learnt.

As far as i know..... All T-18's only use early model LSD's (ZENKI).

And from what i've seen the differance between an early model t-18 and a late model is late models are more likely to have sway bar mounts (like mine http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif )
If you get an early model ur gonna hav to cut the swaybar mounts off ur stock 86 rear axle and welded em on to the t-18 axle.
Also some early model t-18 centres can hav shit ratios like 3:9.... you should get 4:1. Or acceleration will suffer.

DRFTAE86
2nd July 2005, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by DRFTAE86@Jul 2 2005, 12:25 PM
Early model LSD's (ZENKI) are usally marked saying :For AE86 manufactured between 1983/5 - 1985/10 (this is the LSD u'd want for a t-18)

Late model LSD's (KOUKI) are marked saying:For AE86 manufactured between 1985/10 - 1987/5 (WILL NOT fit a t-18).

upgarage
2nd July 2005, 04:55 PM
yep what he said,
get a 4.1:1 ratio out of a ta22
get a diff shop to bolt to lsd and carrier then bolt it in

Hyuga
2nd July 2005, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by DRFTAE86@Jul 2 2005, 12:25 PM
If i'm wrong, some1 please correct me. I'm also new at the t-18 info, but this is what i've learnt.

And from what i've seen the differance between an early model t-18 and a late model is late models are more likely to have sway bar mounts (like mine http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif )
If you get an early model ur gonna hav to cut the swaybar mounts off ur stock 86 rear axle and welded em on to the t-18 axle.
Also some early model t-18 centres can hav shit ratios like 3:9.... you should get 4:1. Or acceleration will suffer.
do you mean if my T18 diff has a swaybar on it then it would be ratio 4.1? are you sure coz i wanna know what my diff ratio is but I wouldn't take that out to count it until I get my LSD.
also how do I check if my diff is a T-18 diff or just a S series coz the seller of the car said it is but I never seen them compare to each other so still isn't sure if it is actually a T18 yet. would be good to make sure what I have is a t18 before i order my Lsd.

upgarage
2nd July 2005, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Hyuga+Jul 2 2005, 04:53 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-DRFTAE86@Jul 2 2005, 12:25 PM

And from what i've seen the differance between an early model t-18 and a late model is late models are more likely to have sway bar mounts (like mineÂÂÂ# http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif )
do you mean if my T18 diff has a swaybar on it then it would be ratio 4.1? are you sure coz i wanna know what my diff ratio is but I wouldn't take that out to count it until I get my LSD.
also how do I check if my diff is a T-18 diff or just a S series coz the seller of the car said it is but I never seen them compare to each other so still isn't sure if it is actually a T18 yet. would be good to make sure what I have is a t18 before i order my Lsd. [/b]
t18 is either 3.7 or 3.9, unless it has been swapped
count the number of bolts around the carrier
8- s series
10- t series

indi
5th July 2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by upgarage@Jul 2 2005, 03:55 PM
get a 4.1:1 ratio out of a ta22
or an RA40...