PDA

View Full Version : 4AGE > twin side draft set up

Machiavelli
30th July 2005, 05:19 PM
Hey people,
just wondering if any people on here knew exactly what is involved in converting a 4A to a carby set up.
thanks all.

Niko.

indi
2nd August 2005, 01:14 PM
John's new engine is a carbied 4ag, I'll see if I can get him to give you some info.

slydar
2nd August 2005, 10:54 PM
forget it. if you have to ask its not for you. only if youre pre exposed to it and have knowlege about carburettors is it a realistic option.

getting carbs on there is easy. an aussie manufacturer called redline does a manifold that fits weber (and so will also fit delortos and some mikunis ect).

but then theres tuning, and igniton. by the time you work it all out, youve spent alot of money and probably not made any more power. though they do look cool.

Monster
3rd August 2005, 11:41 AM
Dont listen to any one that says that carbi's are rubbish...

EVER HEARD OF THE N2 SERIES?!!!!

I personally wouldn't touch them, thats not to say they dont kick ass. They can and do produce as much as a tuned 4ag and to think otherwise is just plain nieve! Some people prefer the tuning that you can physicially change where as others can picture it from a fuel map on a lap top.

What it comes down to is horses for corses. If your prepared to consistantly fiddle with the carbis for weather conditions, than there is no reason why thay wont kick ass!!

Be different, enjoy the sound...

Go the carbi's!!!

DRFTAE86
3rd August 2005, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by slydar@Aug 2 2005, 09:54 PM
only if youre pre exposed to it and have knowlege about carburettors is it a realistic option.
Does a 4ac single carb count? http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

slydar
3rd August 2005, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Loki Boyracer@Aug 3 2005, 10:41 AM
Dont listen to any one that says that carbi's are rubbish...

EVER HEARD OF THE N2 SERIES?!!!!

I personally wouldn't touch them, thats not to say they dont kick ass. They can and do produce as much as a tuned 4ag and to think otherwise is just plain nieve! Some people prefer the tuning that you can physicially change where as others can picture it from a fuel map on a lap top.

What it comes down to is horses for corses. If your prepared to consistantly fiddle with the carbis for weather conditions, than there is no reason why thay wont kick ass!!

Be different, enjoy the sound...

Go the carbi's!!!
man.. i cant believe how nieve you sound. typical text book 86 fan (not driver)/key board warrior.

ofcourse they can still make the numbers. theyre just REALISTICALLY more trouble then theyre worth.

you could do quads for similar price and any monkey can tune them.

DRFTAE86
3rd August 2005, 11:57 PM
I'd like to have a word with a monkey for some tuning tips. http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

upgarage
4th August 2005, 12:19 AM
Ueo runs efi and quads so you should do the same!

Monster
4th August 2005, 10:38 AM
man.. i cant believe how nieve you sound. typical text book 86 fan (not driver)/key board warrior.

ofcourse they can still make the numbers. theyre just REALISTICALLY more trouble then theyre worth.

you could do quads for similar price and any monkey can tune them.[/b]

Yeah thats right, im not really a Hachi driver. Im just lying through my busted as mouth! A little advice, know who your attacking before you attack them.

Machiavelli- i'll get some photo's of my mates "4AGC" up for you, forged internals, 10.5:1 comp webber manifold with twin 45mm del'orto's up for your. Alternativly, call High Comp Performance here in Sydney who built his engine

Indi- back me up here!!!