PDA

View Full Version : Special needs Provisional licence

Blood Child
1st August 2005, 07:53 PM
i put in a form at Queensland Transport today to see if i can go straight from my learner's to my Ps without having to wait 6 months.
i had to prove that i needed a licence to get to and from work and also i needed to drive as a part of my job.
it's not the restricted work licence you can get after being done for drink driving though. it's a full provisional licence.

just wondering if anybody else has tried this and if so, how successful was it?

thanks - Dwayne

slide86
1st August 2005, 09:01 PM
never tried that
but it may work

Blood Child
1st August 2005, 09:05 PM
basically i had my learner's for 5 months a few years ago and have had it suspended until last friday. i'm almost 20 and i'm really starting to get the shits with not being able to drive

DRFT - 86
1st August 2005, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Blood Child@Aug 1 2005, 08:05 PM
basically i had my learner's for 5 months a few years ago and have had it suspended until last friday. i'm almost 20 and i'm really starting to get the shits with not being able to drive
Know how u feel man, Ive been suspended for some time ahy, and for some time longer... just turned 20, 2 months ago.....

slide86
1st August 2005, 09:52 PM
yeah in your case it might just work
but as for me being 16 i highly doubt it lol
but i can get my p's in 2 months anyway

Blood Child
1st August 2005, 09:55 PM
yeah, you can only do this if you're over 17 but haven't had your Learner's for 6 months

Blood Child
3rd August 2005, 08:00 PM
there we go, 2 weeks on my learner's and i can get my Ps already!
now i need to learn how to do all the stuuf to pass the test http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/dry.gif

Blood Child
7th August 2005, 03:11 AM
i had my third driving lesson today and did good
first was in a nissan pulsar and was horrible
second was in a coroollla and was great and today was in a lancer and was pretty good
i have a test booken in for the 27th of this month so i should be on the road about then

i look forward to being able to attend all of the QR events and stuff then

Blood Child
7th August 2005, 03:13 AM
again, being a saturday night/sunday morning, i apologise for being a little drunk and talking shit, but i'm sue you all et the general idea