PDA

View Full Version : Initial D Movie DVD

flamingheads
16th August 2005, 12:12 PM
I bought the live Initial D movie DVD on Sunday in Brisbane. Its all in Chinese with no subtitles so I didnt know what was going on most of the time, but its got some great camera work an angles an lighting. I thought the original cartoon was in Japanese an I was kind of wondering why it was all Chinese, even the names were different in Chinese.

Murderess
16th August 2005, 02:02 PM
I think the Hong Kong producers bought the rights for filming Initial D the live movie and the story is different from the anime so thats why the main movie language is chinese . In my opinion, if the japanese producers made the movie it would be better.

Some difference from Anime -> Bunta is a womaniser? (I kinda respected him more in the anime), Takumi's best friend drives a JDM Trueno as well and he even had a S13? A chick working in the petrol station? (She seems better looking then Takumis temp girlfriend). http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/blink.gif

E V A N
16th August 2005, 02:19 PM
I hated the new movie..
Anime kicks arse

[MET]
16th August 2005, 04:20 PM
New movie is good for a laugh but they seriously butched the story line and totally missed some opportunities to turn some scenes into great highlights like in the cartoon

funkymonkey
19th August 2005, 08:22 AM
You guys do know the anime's based on the comic and it sorta deviates from the story sometimes, just like the movie deviates from the anime. Although yeah I agree, some wired summarisations and inconsistencies in the movie.

The actual creator of Initial D dictated who had the rights to the movie, and I'm sure he wouldn't have given it to the HK guys if he didn't have some faith in their artistic capabilities. I mean at the end of the day, its mostly true to the storyline and it does have a good flow to it, there's only so much you can convey in 2 hours.

flamingheads
20th August 2005, 01:12 PM
I liked the movie as a movie, like if you hadnt seen the cartoon or read the man it wouldve been really good. But I did think they skimped on the racing a bit.

funkymonkey
20th August 2005, 10:26 PM
so tempted to call the Hachi-rusto a "AAAAAY EEEE BAAAAAAAAA LOOOOOOW!"

DRiiFT_King
26th August 2005, 03:20 PM
i brought it today, and mine gots subs so im set, im off to watch it now

sic86
26th August 2005, 09:19 PM
There always on E-bay
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Initial-D-Jay-Chou-...1QQcmdZViewItem (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Initial-D-Jay-Chou-ENGLISH-SUB-DVD-2005-SHIP-NOW_W0QQitemZ6425359326QQcategoryZ2289QQrdZ1QQcmdZ ViewItem)

Cheers

DRiiFT_King
27th August 2005, 01:45 PM
springvale, cost me $3.50 for the two discs (dvds), but it did cost me $30 to join there little club thing, anywho it was worth cause when they get all the 4th series and what ever else i will beable to get that cheap aswel

DRiiFT_King
28th August 2005, 08:28 PM
are the tail lights on sprinter aus spec, or where they avaliable in japan, cause they look sick, i should sell mine on ebay and say there initial d styles bids starting at $1325 who wants them

flamingheads
30th August 2005, 01:39 PM
How do I join this club thing and get cheap DVDs?

DRiiFT_King
30th August 2005, 08:46 PM
go into the springvale shopping joint, and goto a shop called generation, it will be full of dodgy stuff,

Iain
30th August 2005, 11:38 PM
Gotta say im a huge fan of the anime series but movie had some great camera work on the drift scenes http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif

slipknot86
2nd September 2005, 07:34 PM
i must agree that it's not as good as the anime,story wise..but i think it's much better than what i thought when they first turned up the the idea... one of the japanese drivers( who's actually drive the car in real drift scenes) is named takahashi. coincidence i must say. .....but yeah again. try to put more than fifty hours of stuff into one or two hours.....however, i still prefer they just do only one or two classic battles out of it....there'll be movie two coming...

DRiiFT_King
4th September 2005, 03:25 PM
the movie covered series 1 and 2 right?