PDA

View Full Version : Ke70 engine converstions

Wishihadan86
17th August 2005, 08:11 PM
Gday fellas, i have a mate that has a Ke70 corolla.

The car is pretty sucky in stock from, well, its just crap.

Anyway, i saw some cars of the same shape with different versions of 4A-G engines in them... but i think those were KE71's

so is it possible to fit a 4A-GE into a KE70? Or if not, what other engines fit into the engine bay with around the same amount of work.

thanks

Course_Out
17th August 2005, 08:14 PM
The ae71's came with a 4ac which is a crappy single cam relative of the 4age. To swap a 4age into a ke70 you will need the crossmember/gearbox/hydro clutch system out of an ae71 or a sprinter to bolt the 4age in. It's been done quite a few times, probably best to search www.toymods.org.au or www.twincam.org for more detailed info on the swap.

Hope that helps

Gilly
17th August 2005, 08:37 PM
i am currently puttin a 20v into my KE70. the floor pan of the KE is the same as the sprinter the difference is the body is ugly!! just as course out said find an ae71 and rob it of its subframe, engine mounts, gearbox (weaker than jap spec but cheaper) tailshaft as the ke shaft won't work with ae71 box. Also update to t18 diff as ke diff won't work with ae71 shaft and you can't swap yokes i tried!! i suggest t18 diff as the aus series sprinter diff you can't get lsd's for. also get the pedal box and clutch master cylinder thats all i can think of right now but feel free to pm in future as i am doing the conmversion now and surely will come across other things. http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/wink.gif

Course_Out
17th August 2005, 10:27 PM
Hey man the ke70/ae71 isn't ugly!!!

If I had a girlfriend you could call her ugly but don't rip on the car!!!

LOL

RobertoX
17th August 2005, 10:45 PM
my car is sexy! jdm mirrors YO - looks better than a riced up ae86

mine is toyota red with 14x7 0 offset watanbes poking out the guards - l00ks sik!

also with a ke/ae 70/1 - treat it like a sprinter - keep the balance!

ae71neo
17th August 2005, 11:04 PM
Its far from ugly http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

drft86
18th August 2005, 11:33 AM
Yeah thay aint ugly at all
with a nice set of rims and on the deck they look phat as

Wishihadan86
18th August 2005, 11:44 AM
well i reckon my mates one would look awesome with 15's and lowered a bit.

the car looks a bit horrid at the moment... but my mate likes it so i guess thats fine. I just was just thinking of some cool ideas for when his engine finally goes bang.

Given me thoughts now... maybe i should get a AE71 and do a bit of local drifting. I always wanted an 86 but couldnt find one (see name)

ae71neo
18th August 2005, 06:28 PM
No, stick with your 86 dreams.

To many ke70/ae71s popping up at the moment http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

Course_Out
20th August 2005, 01:55 AM
Yeah, when I bought my ae71 it was going to be different and unusual, but it looks like by the time i get it on the road there will be thousands of the little buggers. Oh well, better than owning an s13 I guess..........

Gilly
22nd August 2005, 09:42 PM
geez i hit a nerve calling a ke ugly!! sorry team they aren't that bad i actually love mine i am just struggling with the loss of my sprinter it was a tough car to replace.

my Ke70 is nanna beige on its tits with 13 x 7 -7 offset superlites on the way!
trueno sedan post some pics dude i'd love to see it. where did you get your jdm bits from i'd love a four headlight front.

KE70Drifter
23rd August 2005, 11:41 AM
At the moment im installing a 4AGTE into mine, just having some issues with water pumps now. I think the KE70 is a lush car if you have it looking right.