PDA

View Full Version : My sprinter

the_sleepa
20th August 2005, 11:43 PM
hey all.....iv had this for a few months now and now iv got some updated pics of it....it has a 4AGZE with FMIC, a cusco 2 way centre, cusco coilovers and camber tops, negative camber RCA's, rosejointed control arms, rosejointed panyard rod, rear strut brace, RX7 FC3 calipers, harnesses and race seats. Custom fibreglass front guards, flared about 40mm wider than standard (made by me) http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif

I recently sprayed the black as all white was a bit boring for me...

I am currently collecting parts for a turbo conversion to the GZE which i am planning on doing at the end of the year.....as well as fitting the puck clutch which is currnetly on its way.....

taitran
21st August 2005, 01:14 PM
Nice ride, looks tough http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif Good luck with it.

sic86
22nd August 2005, 07:35 PM
Nice work on the paint job. Looks sweet.

Cheers

the_sleepa
18th September 2005, 10:17 PM
almost done my 4AGTE conversion.....just got i/c piping to go http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif
here re some pics of it all.....

the_sleepa
18th September 2005, 10:19 PM
another

DRFT - 86
18th September 2005, 10:46 PM
keep us posted lad.............. keen to hear what its like to drive when its done...

KE70Drifter
19th September 2005, 10:21 AM
What sort of turbo you running??? is the motor still on stock internals??

Iain

sic86
19th September 2005, 10:24 AM
Keep us updated on the progress.

Cheers

the_sleepa
19th September 2005, 06:15 PM
the motor is a stock 4AGZE.....im using a T3 with a .42 A/R comp housing and a .48 A/R exhaust...so hopefully it will be lright......just a bit of trial and error at the moment.....iv got to complete the intercooler piping but hopefully this weekend it will be out on the road......

ae86 slide
19th September 2005, 06:33 PM
think i almost bought this car bout 8 months ago off a guy named wei, from robina, he spent alot of money on it, from what i heard it may have had another owner before you bought it though.

the_sleepa
19th September 2005, 08:02 PM
yeah......a mate of mine bought it from wei.....then he sold it to me to buy a onevia....yeah....i heard wei spent a lot on it....thats what made it that bit easier to buy....what price was on it when you looked at it out of interest........

KE70Drifter
20th September 2005, 09:32 AM
What sort of GZE is it?? from the pics looked like a dizzy stlye one.

the_sleepa
20th September 2005, 12:46 PM
yeah....AFM dizzy style.makes it really cramped in there..

NickAE86
20th September 2005, 05:56 PM
looks nice mate...keep up the good work

Little Jon
20th September 2005, 07:05 PM
lovin it! turbo power!
make sure you get some stiffer springs in that badboy asap!

ae86 slide
20th September 2005, 07:41 PM
yeah......a mate of mine bought it from wei.....then he sold it to me to buy a onevia....yeah....i heard wei spent a lot on it....thats what made it that bit easier to buy....what price was on it when you looked at it out of interest........[/b]

i think he was after 12, way to steep.
i had him down to 10, but decided that was still a bit rich, great car though.
the engine had only just been rebuilt a month or so before i looked at it.
what did you get it for?

the_sleepa
20th September 2005, 08:21 PM
i got it for $8200....thats good to know about the engine....didnt know that.......took it for a quick drive this arvo.....has no exhaust so was very quick drive.....goes nice...lthough still got some things to finish on it.....i/c piping, exhaust, rework oil return, the last fitting is too small nd blocking to much flow, wastegate pipe and a few more things...

its a bit laggy but waiting for everything to be complete before i judge it...comes on extremely hard though....13psi or so...no boost no boost no boost...bang....13 psi...wow...

was boosting up in third and got to about 4500-5000rpm and just smoked my clutch...never been close to doing thata before...lol...iv got a puck clutch that id say needs to go in pretty soon....(big smiles)

will keep you's updated

KE70Drifter
20th September 2005, 11:24 PM
damn, sounds like a weapon, ive got a 4AGZE AE101 + a GT28RS and have yet to put it together, but by the sounds of yours they are a weapon

cant wait to see more plics.

Iain

the_sleepa
30th September 2005, 08:32 PM
hi all.....just an update...i had to take the manifold back off to get it machined...remade the oil return flange while at it as it was leaking a bit...also changed to a N/A inlet manifold...i found a way to fit the GZE TPS onto it easily...so tomorrow morning i will be welding up my intercooler piping and it should all be done and back on the road...oh and i gotta get a RWD accelerator cable...mine is now too short

anyone have one spare for me??????

please

regards
jesse

the_sleepa
3rd October 2005, 07:02 PM
hi all......update

intercooler piping done and car appears to be running fine.... few minor issues that need clearing but all in all powering along...

car is surprisingly non laggy for 3 inch piping...good enough for me anyway....

but as always...not everything is good...now the clutch has decided that it wants no part of the new power that it is producing....hit secong hard enough nd under boost and big clutch slippage...

but yeh...extremely happy with it all and the performance....

regards
jesse

.wolfwood
3rd October 2005, 07:27 PM
looks kool

OBE353
3rd October 2005, 07:30 PM
looks good man, the guy who sold it to u to get a onevia isnt ben is it (blue with wite rims)

slide86
3rd October 2005, 09:46 PM
looks good man
but isnt that piping a tad large?

v-tec
3rd October 2005, 11:04 PM
think i almost bought this car bout 8 months ago off a guy named wei, from robina, he spent alot of money on it, from what i heard it may have had another owner before you bought it though.[/b]

yup same with me, we were looking at that car. I seriously wanted it, and i had bout 7g to my name. My p's sayd theyd gimme three towards it if wei wend down from 12,900 to 10 g... but he sayd nah cause of the amount hed spent on it

so yeah, had he gone down to ten at that point it probly woulda been my car http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif

it was a nice drive tho, he took me for a nice quick drive though robina with it. Which made me want it even more.

Tho, unless im being confused by the first pic... when did you the lower bit black? cause i know it was completely white when i looked at it. http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/blink.gif

verm69
4th October 2005, 10:16 AM
yeah, it's the same one v-tec, Sleepa sprayed it with the black and cleaned it up. Looks WAY better with the black i recon http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

the_sleepa
4th October 2005, 05:07 PM
yeah.....it was benny with the blue onevi that sold it to me....the piping may be a bit large...but thats what its got now so yeah...doesnt seem to lggy...maybe in drift though...not sure...and yeah.....it was all white then i sprayed the lower half black...

jesse

OBE353
5th October 2005, 11:53 PM
the panda look works better than the white, and ben wants another 86 i think he has withdrawles although the onevia is pretty sick.

verm69
6th October 2005, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by OBE353@Oct 5 2005, 10:53 PM
the panda look works better than the white, and ben wants another 86 i think he has withdrawles although the onevia is pretty sick.
how do you know ben?

and yeah, he's been asking about a shell of one for months... about a week or two after he got the onevia, we were gonna build a track car

v-tec
6th October 2005, 06:12 PM
did you change the kit and stuff now? have you got any pics of the body atm?

yeah, the car had crackes and stuff all over the kit when i looked at it

i didnt really mind but he was really asking too much for its condition

the_sleepa
6th October 2005, 06:14 PM
i just changed to a set of vertex sideskirts from my soarer.. (cut them down) dont have body pics of late...

dale_8888
6th October 2005, 09:23 PM
all I have to say is...GREAT WORK MAN, LOOKS AWESOME!!!! keep up the good work!!!

the_sleepa
6th October 2005, 10:23 PM
thanks man....just wish i could sell either my HR Holden or Soarer to have some more play money....

dale_8888
7th October 2005, 12:26 PM
ha ha. Yeah it is always good to have spare money! I don't even have enough to get an 86 yet so... :'(

the_sleepa
12th October 2005, 09:05 PM
hi all.....today is the best day ever. my sprinter has been leaning out bad over 4500rpm....bought extra fuel injector controller, wired it in, and today i found my fuel supply line kinked (started crying becuase this has been psiing me off for over a week) fixed it and went for a drive...

nd holy shit me, i dont think iv drivien a quicker car, even with a smoking clutch soon as it powers in second, it is f*!king awesome...il keep you's updated when ceramic clutch is in

regards
jesse

86WANNABE
13th October 2005, 12:49 PM
Nice ride dude http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/cool.gif

the_sleepa
21st October 2005, 07:58 PM
hi all...got my ceramic clutch in today...was nice at first...now its shudder shudder bang and where off...lol...its easy now i used to it....im liking the way the whole setup is running....about 11psi and kicking arse....hit 2nd or 3rd hard and it steps out and tries to point you into the other lane, or off the road as it did this arvo in the wet hitting 4th....not fun sliding across grass and gravel at 100kmhr trying to turn back onto the road...so now its either to the strip or the track...whatever comes first....

.wolfwood
21st October 2005, 09:07 PM
what sorta power you making? and is t3 turbo you got? same sorta size as t28?

the_sleepa
22nd October 2005, 05:42 PM
um...i got no idea on power....hasnt been on dyno yet...its a smallish t3, probably is similiar to a t28, not too sure. but for a setup that was entirely trial and error its going very very well...

the_sleepa
11th November 2005, 03:20 PM
hey everyone...i had my sprinter on the dyno today thanks to the guys at gold coast tafe. It made 170hp at the wheels at 11psi approx. It was good to finally get it on there to check air fuels out and all seems to be good, running a bit rich, so yeah, im happy with that figure, might be time to save for that microtech or something..

DRFT - 86
11th November 2005, 03:52 PM
sounding like a whole heap of fun to drive man.... keeps u on ya toes atleast.... hehe

.wolfwood
11th November 2005, 05:13 PM
170 is sorta low. i have a 4agze with the smallest turbo ever, its some desil turbo, it starts spooling at 2000rps LOL. and stil it made 190hp at the wheels. its strange cuz you say you can smoke 3rd and shit but you make less power than me and i sue as hell cant do that.

hmmm wtf.

i do have a motec so that might have something to do with it

the_sleepa
11th November 2005, 09:22 PM
not sure man....im still running the factory gze ecu so my fuel mixtures are a bit all over the place....i was told today that an extra 20 or so would be easily achieved if these air fuels were sorted, whata gear was your run in, they used 4th on mine as it was strapped back and was wheelspinning in 3rd...mine has got a fairly flat power curve.....

jesse

RedSuns
11th November 2005, 09:56 PM
cool car, not sure if i agreee with that 'incomplete panda' paint, but nice engine

the_sleepa
16th November 2005, 06:02 PM
well today i finally decided to clean the grease and marks from my front guards from constantly fixing things under the bonnet, polished my guards and bonnet, guards look smick now. But the bonnet looked hazy in one spot, i tryed to polish it again and then i realised that the heat from the turbo has been melting the paint and cuasing it to go weird so yeah. bonnet needs a respray and a layer of heatshield, that sux, i thought i had everything sorted, i guess you can never have weverything sorted on a car.......lol

the_sleepa
28th February 2006, 07:29 PM
hello people... http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif

I just finished making my traction brackets......work a treat and has solved all of my weird shutters and twists that my rear end was doing....heres a pic of them....next improvement to be made is fit my super pro bushes which i purchased weeks ago and have been way too lazy to fit.....damn laziness.....

Also got some personalised plated, "THE 86" thanks ben....

the_sleepa
18th March 2006, 09:01 PM
fitted my rear bushes and shortened my upper trailing arms too.....rear end is solid...oh so happy now...but still cant drive it as im waiting for my stainless manifold to arrive...giving me lots of time to fix things that iv been putting off forever...although keen to drive it again...looks so sad sitting in my carport..

will also be fitting my personalised plates next week....

i just want to be on track tomorrow, so sad....