PDA

View Full Version : best, cheap fuel pump for an ae86

DRiiFT_King
31st August 2005, 09:14 PM
hey,
im about to start putting the ca in my sprinter this month, and im gettin all the parts together first so my cars off the road for the less amount of time, the only thing ive over looked so far is a fuel pump. what would be the best and cheapest fuel pump, i was think something like a sr20 or VL turbo fuel pump, are the feul pumps on a sprinter internal or external?
thanks

Hyuga
31st August 2005, 09:23 PM
I just got my bosch 500hp external pump for like $200, that should be enough for any mod for my 20v, and easy to install to my non efi tank too... why 500hp pump? coz they are the cheapest my fd could find from bosch... as this is special price
I think this is the best cheapest...

NickAE86
31st August 2005, 10:16 PM
most fuel pumps are bosch pumps...may as well fork out the dough for a brand new item instead of a dirty old vl one.

sprinter is external. Are you going to run a surge tank? I'd reccommend installing a pre pump if your arent using a surge...the main high pressure pump is there basically to push the fuel through...it wont be used to having to suck it through when under heavy load.

CAE86
1st September 2005, 05:24 PM
I just got a jap spec tank with an internal pump. Supposedly it can handle up to around 130kw at the wheels before it runs out of flow.

DRiiFT_King
1st September 2005, 06:58 PM
are fuel pumps universal or do i need one to fit a sprinter?

CAE86
3rd September 2005, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by DRiiFT_King@Sep 1 2005, 05:58 PM
are fuel pumps universal or do i need one to fit a sprinter?
depends if you are going internal or external. If internal, then you need one that will fit in the cradle, but if you're going external, then just about any pump will do, as long as it flows what you need and fits where you want to mount it.

FilthinRich
21st September 2005, 11:12 AM
im needing another pump now too, little confused with the externals tho. Can you mount them anywhere? and how hard are they to hook up the lines? wheres the most common place to mount it? and preferably which is better? external or internal? one is 180ish (internal) the external is 110ish (external).