PDA

View Full Version : brake booster

indi
11th September 2005, 12:22 AM
my boyfriend has just finished putting in his new 4ag into his hachi, and becos he's running carbies the trumpet on cylinder 4 fouls on the brake booster.
someone told him he could get a slimline booster made up, or just use a booster that is smaller like from a corrolla or something... depends tho on whether that would fit properly. he could get shorter trumpets, but the different inlet tract will change the power delivery or something. he doesn't want to compromise on that just yet until he can figure out getting around the booster.
anyone done this? any ideas? will it make a difference on the braking using a booster from another car? he's running JDM disc-to-disc rear end if that helps any.

Gilly
11th September 2005, 04:33 PM
the KE70 corolla brake booster isn't as big as the AE86 one. that might give you enough room. measure one up at a wreckers and see if it gives you enough room. the sprinter and ke70 boosters are definately interchangeable as i put my sprinter booster into my 70

Good luck!!

indi
12th September 2005, 09:18 PM
thanks!!

do you know if using a ke70 booster will affect braking any?

rthy
13th September 2005, 07:56 PM
you might run out of vacume sooner, an auxilery vacume tank Tee'd into the system should take care of that. I will be doing that to my 86 soon to deal with the supra brakes.

Gilly
13th September 2005, 09:15 PM
i don't think the braking should be affected at all but don't quote me on that if it feels wrong there is a pretty good chance it is!!

i think the difference might be that the ae86 booster is a non vh40 booster which is what most cars run, i had mine rebuilt (ae86) and it took ages as it wasn't a conventional vh40 booster. thats why they have different dimensions

whereas i'm pretty sure the ke70 one is vh40. i have driven both my ke and ae when they were stock and the both pulled the same. the rotors and calipers plus master cylinder are all the same only the booster being different.

hope this helps. http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif