PDA

View Full Version : be warned of "Dave"

.wolfwood
11th September 2005, 03:17 AM
hey i know im gona get flamed for this but it has to be done,
about 6months ago i bought a toyota sprinter of a fellow named Dave, he lives in narang.

he is i con artest, i was promised so much more for the car i bough and was completly ripped of, this has happened to more than just me,
this Dave caricter is buying cheap shit toyota sprinters painting, droping a motor in and then and selling them.

i just want to let people know that he is currently trying to fix( well enough for some one to drive it away) and sell it.

i strongly suggest that anyone looking at buying a ae86 and if you come accross this dave person just WALK AWAY.

its jsut to fusterating for this to happen and i dont want other people to get fu9ked ova.

peace ben

VIC_AE86
11th September 2005, 11:00 AM
In what respects was the deal 'Not Right?' What was told about the car that wasnt right or not to your expectations? If you have purchased one of these Sprinters whats the main dodgy parts of the vechile?

Just thought to ask these questions so you can tell a future buyer to pros and cons.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/wink.gif

DRFTAE86
11th September 2005, 11:02 AM
More detail........ http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/wink.gif

What do you mean by "i was promised so much more for the car i bough and was completly ripped off" ?
What 'more' were u promised?
And why was it a rip off?

Does this 'Dave' person have a forum nick name>?

.wolfwood
11th September 2005, 01:21 PM
dont think he is on the forums,

i was promised that the car had no rust at all, that it had all been repared, well that was total bs to start with.

otherthings were i was told that there was no accident history, witch was bs.
also the dick head had used to loms out of other cars and tryed to use them together to make the car go. after about 1month of driving the car i had a fire under the hood due to SHITTY wiring. the lsit goes on and on.

i have spend about 5grand tring to get it up to scratch.

i had to get a hole new loom made and heeps of shit.

.wolfwood
11th September 2005, 01:27 PM
also i was told the the brakes jsut needed bleeding, this was not true both rear brake cylinders needed replaceing,
also was told the there is movment in the stearing and it hopes all over the road when driving is becuase of bold tires of the front, i took it to a macanic and the hold stearing was f***ed all the stearing nuckels???were broken.

lol here is a good one the car had had a big crash so the front of the car was al pushed in and bent shit so much that the panhard rod had bowed and shapped, so what did he do he welded it together and then noticed it would fit back on so he welded a spacer in it. so by track of the back of the car wass out about 2cm.

man there is just so much to list.

this particular macanie, nt gonig to mention mans has got 2 poor people so far in to fix up ours cars, both from the same dave person.

after he sells us our POS he rings this person up LOLing at him over the phone asking if he can get some second had parts so that he can fu ck the next person ova.
this particular macanic told him to fu ck off and never ring back again. he also asked me t start this thread

SPEEDCORE
11th September 2005, 01:47 PM
Babel Fish must be having problems.... I can't seem to make it translate your english into something half legible.

Turbokid
11th September 2005, 02:32 PM
Hate to break it to you sweetheart, but that is life.

Sure he is a bastard, but that kind of shit happens all the time. Buyer beware. Next time I'd recommend an RACQ inspection if you don't know anything about cars.

Dish
11th September 2005, 02:35 PM
Can't you attempt to spell and use grammar a little better atleast? Maybe you should look at what you write before hitting "Add reply" or "Post this thread".

Cause some us might think a little more highly of you if you could actually speak/type so we can understand it.

VIC_AE86
11th September 2005, 02:48 PM
I agree with the grammer side, but from what i could understand, why did you buy the car dude? Like if you knew all this why?

breno
11th September 2005, 02:58 PM
your at fault to, you shoulda got the car inspected before buying it. And did you look at it at all before you bought it?

VIC_AE86
11th September 2005, 03:05 PM
^ Totally agree, doent take much to take it to the RACT (tas) or RACQ is it? but n e way yeah, you have to make sure you know what your buying.

[MET]
11th September 2005, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by .wolfwood@Sep 11 2005, 02:17 AM
hey i know im gona get flamed for this but it has to be done,
you said IT! lol

my advice live and learn buddy, similar thing happened to me with my first car, i bought a lemon! but i was young and naive back then

.wolfwood
11th September 2005, 03:13 PM
yeah ok my english isnt so crash not.

and im jsut wanting to make other people looking at buing cars from dave that you should be cautious.

and im not te one that wanted to post this but the macanic recomended taht i should cuz this dave c*** is a f***ing asshole

.wolfwood
11th September 2005, 03:21 PM
i will try to make it more understandable.

i was promised that the car had no rust at all, that it had all been repared, well that was total bs to start with.

other things were, i was told that there was no accident history but the car had been in a bad crash.

also the dick head had used 2 looms out of other cars and tryed to use them together to make the car go. after about 1month of driving the car i had a fire under the hood due to SHITY wiring.

meh the list goes on and on.

also i was told the the brakes just needed bleeding, this was not true both rear brake cylinders needed replaceing.

also i was told the the movment in the stearing and the fact that it jumps all ova the road when driving is becuase of bold tires of the front.

after i bough the car i took it to a macanic when he inspected the car he found that the hole stearing side of things was f***ed.

another thing is that becuase of the crash it snaped the panhard rod, so what he did was weld it back to gether with a spacer in it no make it fit.

aparently this dude has done this a few times at after selling the cars he goes to work on another, ringing up people asking for parts as he tells his stories on how he ripped another person off.

end rant

hope thats better

yeah i understand that its my fault for buying this perticular car, im not very macanicly minded so i didnt know that car was a POS

Dish
11th September 2005, 03:21 PM
macanic = Mechanic for anyone else who was wondering.

Yeah well you bought a dud and this dude is a toss. Don't dwell on it.

.wolfwood
11th September 2005, 03:24 PM
yes man i understand that its a dud and i shouldnt dawell on it,

lol when i took the car to get roadworthy here was 30 things that the piced up that needed fixing, gay

VIC_AE86
11th September 2005, 04:24 PM
wolfwood how old r u?

sic86
11th September 2005, 04:42 PM
Did it come with a RWC?

Cheers

Gilly
11th September 2005, 04:44 PM
thanks for the heads up wolfwood. i'm a qualified mechanic so i'm lucky i find the problems before i buy my cars. just thought i'd say thanks because no one else did. unfortunately i think we all have a story like this!!!

Gilly
11th September 2005, 04:46 PM
also wolfwood with that many rooted things on your 86 at least you'll know what to look for next time.

OBE353
11th September 2005, 05:04 PM
i hate con artitst and they should be exposed.
you guys are frying wolfwood, what he is doing is just giving other people the heads up so it doesnt happen to you.

.wolfwood
11th September 2005, 06:00 PM
thanks OBE353 thats all i was trying to do

VIC_AE86
11th September 2005, 06:12 PM
True he has been exposed, but so has your bad grammer!!

.wolfwood
11th September 2005, 06:22 PM
my bad grammer is the lest of my problems atm.

ae86 slide
11th September 2005, 06:39 PM
yeah good on you for warning people, guys like dave get it all back eventually, and atleast having to fix all these bits and pieces will give you knowlege of the car (trying to find a positive), like everyone says dont rush into your next car and please keep a dictionary next to your computer.

VIC_AE86
11th September 2005, 07:21 PM
Im only taking the piss wolf, have you approched Dave about the scam??

.wolfwood
11th September 2005, 07:41 PM
i can no longer get in touch with him. changed numbres and shit. after he sold the second car he went ova seas for about 2months and now is back tryin to do the same shit again.

VIC_AE86
11th September 2005, 11:37 PM
100% dodgy mate, sorry to hear you got done over, but chin up mate!

Blood Child
11th September 2005, 11:58 PM
aforementioned 'evil' Dave not to be confused with verm69/gzedave on these forums

funkymonkey
12th September 2005, 01:52 PM
that's odd... i bought my AE86 in nerang as well... they must have a booming AE86 population there.

seek
12th September 2005, 02:05 PM
Is this the "Dave" with the metaillic blue 4agte sprinter? Lives over near the new bunnings by chance? Macedonian fella?

mumblezzz
12th September 2005, 07:36 PM
All the cool hachi owners live in nerang man.

Little Jon
12th September 2005, 08:28 PM
sounds like wog dave!

SPEEDCORE
12th September 2005, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by THE 86@Sep 12 2005, 01:05 PM
Is this the "Dave" with the metaillic blue 4agte sprinter? Lives over near the new bunnings by chance? Macedonian fella?
Man this is getting all to weird now.....

You sure his name is not Nick and is Greek?

ae86
12th September 2005, 08:45 PM
aforementioned 'evil' Dave not to be confused with verm69/gzedave on these forums[/b]

Also not to be confused with Dave (MFX_ae86)
Dave has a silver/blueish panda (gze sourcing parts for a gte), and we live near a newish bunnings... and its not him lol.... maybe you have 2 people mixed up? Our Dave is argentianian..

Too many Daves..
Daves not here man...

seek
12th September 2005, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Andy 86@Sep 12 2005, 07:28 PM
sounds like wog dave!
does doesnt it man? Nah this guy is Macedonian, used to own 180 before hand lives near the bunnings but down near the school too, on top of the hill.............

RobertoX
13th September 2005, 09:30 AM
Daves not here man...[/b]

lol, futurama rocks http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

Lots of daves around it seems,

crazy86
13th September 2005, 10:01 AM
Thats not from Futurama originally you young whipper snapper http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

I think its from an old Cheech and Chong movie.

SPEEDCORE
13th September 2005, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by THE 86+Sep 12 2005, 08:25 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Andy 86@Sep 12 2005, 07:28 PM
sounds like wog dave!
does doesnt it man? Nah this guy is Macedonian, used to own 180 before hand lives near the bunnings but down near the school too, on top of the hill............. [/b]
Was this guy affiliated with rotories a few years ago?

RobertoX
13th September 2005, 10:56 AM
futurama rips cheech and chong any day tho http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

VIC_AE86
13th September 2005, 11:27 AM
Getting a bit off topic arnt we guys?

verm69
13th September 2005, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Blood Child@Sep 11 2005, 10:58 PM
aforementioned 'evil' Dave not to be confused with verm69/gzedave on these forums
Word! I got worried when i saw the post!

thought wolf was talking about me!!! http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/laugh.gif http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/laugh.gif

Gilly
13th September 2005, 09:22 PM
i got a fright too!! at least my name is still a secret, oh wait... crap secret identity revealed!! must flee!! http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/ohmy.gif

p.s i am not dodgy Dave from Nerang http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/dry.gif

p.p.s i am dodgy Dave from Albany Creek!!!!!!!!! http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif