PDA

View Full Version : Electrionc Speedo

Sprinterboy
12th September 2005, 03:19 PM
I am looking into getting rid of the cable speedo on the 86 an converting it to an electronic one, as i'm changing the dash and all that i figured an electronic one will be better suited, plus i snap'd the cable when putting the dash back together.

So has anybody done one? I was thinking of hunting down a late model rola box, ripping the bit's off that and seeing if they can be fitted to a T50 then run the wires to the dash and hay presto, but i don't think it will that simple, nothing ever is.

dori_86
12th September 2005, 04:16 PM
why dont you get one of the electronic speedo's that came out in jap as an option, for the 86?? option1garage had one a while ago

crazy86
12th September 2005, 04:27 PM
The JDM electronic speedo still uses the speedo cable the same as the ADM or analogue speedos.

All AE86 speedos use a cable to run into the back of the cluster, then apparently this is converted to an electronic signal, for both the analogue and digital dash speedometers. They need the mechanical cable to run the odometer.

Sprinterboy
13th September 2005, 05:14 PM
The JDM electronic speedo still uses the speedo cable the same as the ADM or analogue speedos.

All AE86 speedos use a cable to run into the back of the cluster, then apparently this is converted to an electronic signal, for both the analogue and digital dash speedometers. They need the mechanical cable to run the odometer.[/b]

Thankyou, already new that, was after a sender from the box, so i can run a complete electronic setup as i'm considering buying a stack dash.

I have found a bit of info, i'll sort through it and post up what i find.