PDA

View Full Version : Want to respray my car

GTVAE86
13th September 2005, 03:44 PM
Hi, I am from Adelaide and I want to respray the red panda GTV that I own.

I have been looking around at getting my car resprayed exept for the bonnet and sunroof, but most of the quotes are $8,000 to $15,000. One place would still charge over $10,000 even if the rear quarters were cut and welded (to add flare guards), all windows taken out, pretty much a shell, and if I supplied the paint.

Can anyone help me out? I want to keep it panda red (but maybe put a pearl in the red and make it darker). I dont have the room or time to repsray it myself.

I need to find someone that can help.

VIC_AE86
13th September 2005, 03:58 PM
WHAT!!!! Should be round the 6k mark mate!!!

[MET]
13th September 2005, 04:48 PM
fvck me! thats total BS, Most DECENT paint places will be 2-3K in baked 2pac, your not changing the colour so whats the deal? more than likely they dont wanna do the job so over quote to scare you off

GTVAE86
13th September 2005, 05:34 PM
That is what I was thinking. I told them its not a Ferrari, and that do I look like I shit money. http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/huh.gif

VIC_AE86
13th September 2005, 06:21 PM
I wish i did shit money... umm but yeah i recon they are trying to scare you off... 3K is cheap, seeing you arnt changing colour.. shop around more mate..

surfingisfun
13th September 2005, 06:57 PM
haha thats so retarded! i am doing all the prep work my self and my mates bro in law who is a spray painter and wow smooth as silk paint job at last years auto salon is doing the spray for 100 bucks!

GTVAE86
13th September 2005, 06:59 PM
Thats heaps good man. I wish I had a friend like that.

chapl
14th September 2005, 11:38 AM
damn dude that is alot of money. A mechanic around the corner from my work can spray. im getting him to do mine for less than a grand! (whole car)

GTVAE86
15th September 2005, 06:23 PM
I found two place that would do it for $5,000.
One is willing to take out all dings, fix rust spots, and cut out the rear wheel arches and glue on and blend in the origin lab rear arch flares, and ducktail wing.

The other won be willing to go as far.

Do you guys think that is a descent price?

ae86 slide
15th September 2005, 07:02 PM
no way dont pay over 2, do the old back and forth between the two resonable quoting panel beaters, and make up a bit of shit, say 'the guy down the road said $3000 can you beat it?' its worth a try.

OBE353
15th September 2005, 07:16 PM
thats crazy they were quoting u that much, ask around a few friends or family friends to see if they know any good honest people.
i luckily know alot of people in the automive trade that r pretty close, one guy is borrowing my car for a bit while he takes his off the road to repaint, so he is gonna cut the rust out and undercaot my car for me, then gonna help me spray it. http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif

u must know someone who knows a guy who knows a guy and so forth http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif
id help u if i was in the adelaide area

GTVAE86
15th September 2005, 09:03 PM
Thanks fellas. I wish I new someone who knew someone but I dont. My family is into the building industry so all I can get from them are cheap building related things. And as for my friends they are not really into cars to the point of doing em up like me.

So they dont know any one. Bloody dumb arse uni friends and their IT degrees!!!