PDA

View Full Version : LSDs and T18 diffs...

SPEEDCORE
26th September 2005, 02:46 PM
Ok I know that the best sure way to find out is to count the number of splines on the axles..... but T18 rear ends need Zenki centres yeah?

[MET]
26th September 2005, 03:03 PM
correct

zenki = early model
kouki = late model

T18 = early model http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif

SPEEDCORE
26th September 2005, 03:04 PM
Thank you! http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/laugh.gif

ae86 slide
26th September 2005, 08:22 PM
yeah ive got a TRD zenki in my t18, dont use penrite crap though or you might get a fair bit of chatter,

mumblezzz
26th September 2005, 09:47 PM
I've used Penrite and Castrol and penrite shits over the castrol. Never any problems with Penrite.

chrisellis
27th September 2005, 12:44 AM
yeah, oils aint oils thats for sure, i run kaaz supertrans gear oil. 10 times better than any of the other oils ive run in there, its a cusco 2-way by the way, id run cusco oil, but cant get my hands on any locally.

mattysshop
27th September 2005, 08:14 AM
Penrite 10ths competition LSD oil..ohh yeh..stuff looks good enough to drink!

mumblezzz
27th September 2005, 08:18 AM
how much is the kaaz shit per litre or for a can?

Turbokid
27th September 2005, 02:55 PM
KAAZ oil is too thin. Penrite 10 tenths competion is where its at.

mattysshop
27th September 2005, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Turbokid@Sep 27 2005, 01:55 PM
KAAZ oil is too thin. Penrite 10 tenths competion is where its at.
ohh yeh baby, but you can't get this shit off the shelf..let me know if you want any, i can get it at cost price..comes in 2.5 litre bottles..so there is 2 oil changes (or brakeage changes) there, with some top up along the way..app $40 a bottle or so..

chrisellis
28th September 2005, 12:01 AM
this stuff??

penrite oil (http://www.penrite.com.au/pispdf/COMDIF.pdf?PHPSESSID=4f9360d906e409c137785daa19fc2 d9d)

i might try running it next time, but its a synthetic oil yeah with lots of adatives, kaaz is fully mineral, and my diff loves it. So i guess its worth a shot next time, but im sure that cusco oils should be run in cusco lsd's and kaaz oils in kaaz lsd's where possible, i know trd also has a specific oil they recommend or have bottled and sold as TRD oil.
Cost on the other hand is something most sp00ntah owners tend to be scared of.
Kaaz is $95 for 2L to your door. cant even get a price on the cusco stuff.

also mattysshop i dont know how u get 2 oil changes and top up along the way with 2.5L of oil?? from my experience the t series diff's hold very close to 1.5L.

Anyone run the kaaz oil and then gone to the penrite b4? as i will be temped to next time due to the support in this thread and cost, but would like to hear from someone who has run either kaaz or cusco oil in a kaaz or cusco rs 2-way, as these are alot tighter than trd 2way's....

Good thread, btw.

mattysshop
28th September 2005, 08:20 AM
really?? 1.5 litres! wow..factory specs say 1100ml or so..i can understand putting a little more in cos of drifting/racing etc etc..?? there is no picture of the stuff in there website..i'll take a pic of my bottle when i get home..

i have a TRD 2 way..it's very very tight..it depends who builds the diff..i have had it pulled down and rebuilt twice (broken axles/crwonwheels etc, made sure no swarf etc got in there) and the first time it was nice and tight, but not as tight..the second time..holy crap.. i can turn on concrete and the inside wheel chatters a little!! oh yeh!

Matty

SPEEDCORE
28th September 2005, 03:35 PM
Just anther quick question.... I can't remember if I dreamt it or not LOL but with your various "way" LSDs , is it the clutch packs that determine if they are 1 or 1.5 or 2?

I guess what I am trying to get at is that if say your mate could only find a 2 Way TRD item, when it comes time to rebuild would you be able to get a 1.5 way rebuild kit and turn it into a 1.5.

Sorry for the bogus question but I love torsens and have never dealt with clutch pack LSDs before.

crazy86
28th September 2005, 03:43 PM
I think its the ramps in the body of the diff that determine which "way" it is, not the clutches, although the clutches may be different for each type as well.

jnr 13b
28th September 2005, 08:26 PM
seen we are on the topic i have a couple of question.
but first thing first. to be able to tell if you have zenki or kouki's axles is.

zenki has 24mm diameter and 23slpines
Kouki has 25mm diameter and 23slpines.

and yes I have comfirm that.

now to my question. i know you guys talk about Cusco LSD oil and KAAZ LSD oil. but where can i get them in sydney?
I know that the Vicosity for CUSCO LSD oil is "80w90"
but i have a look at the penrite fully synthetic is on 75w90.

question 2: do anyone know the different?

question 3. what lsd oil do the guys with CUSCO RS 2way LSD use?

how long do you run the LSD in for?

i have done about 30mins plus of figure8. and about 350km total of driving.
is that enough.

cheer

mattysshop
28th September 2005, 11:16 PM
yep..thats it exactly i'm pretty sure..thats what the instructions apparently say..right cassian?