PDA

View Full Version : (un)employment blues

eastcoastdrifter
28th September 2005, 03:57 AM
ITS BEEN 272 DAYs with out a Job(since completing myHSC) ............................... Im not a dole Bludger ever.........Ive tried Work directions they told me to do what i do at home look on the internet so i didnt go there again ............ I got my HSC and Cert II in IT last year they are useless arg what am i to do f*** f*** f*** f*** f*** f*** f*** f*** (sorry ladies) I know this is a pointless post but its my time in the week again to be depressed wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I drew her too

Wally
28th September 2005, 07:38 AM
go to tafe and get qualified?

Monster
28th September 2005, 11:16 AM
Mate the job's still here! You said you'd call, if you want the job...

**CALL**

Keven- CBC Bearings Artarmon

W- 94382311

86WANNABE
29th September 2005, 10:45 AM
Cool drawing http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif ....

Hang in there the right job will find you http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

I just spent 6 months of on medical leave, now that sucked http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/sad.gif ... cant afford to live of what the doll pays http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/blink.gif thats just sending yourself in to poverty.

Now that set me back.

Hang in there http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif

jwvdg
29th September 2005, 01:21 PM
can you do heavy labour? would you be willing to travel around sydney and work odd hours? if so, pm me for details, I can get you a job,
Cheers,
John

verm69
29th September 2005, 05:49 PM
DO THE LABOR MAN!!! They get paid mega bucks! but it's no good for your back... but the money will pay for a chyropractor http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/laugh.gif

I finnished my QCS, enroled in deploma of network engineering and droped out before i did my cert 3 in IT... and now i work full time at one of the most expensive co ed shcools on the gold coast! ha ha! how luck am i!?

an ex gf's dad liked/s me that much that he gave me the job after his daughter and i broke up 8 monthes ago! what a champ!!! http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/laugh.gif http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/laugh.gif been 2 years since, and won't look back!

keep in there man, be nice and polite and thaings just come to you! keep in there

eastcoastdrifter
29th August 2007, 04:08 AM
:unsure: well I thought I might aswell find my old thread.....as nothing has changed...except i had a job at eb games for a month.............Im like a empty shell now..........

Wally
29th August 2007, 07:29 AM
Like I said 2 years ago. Go to TAFE and get Qualified.

If your going into IT, qualifications will help you a lot.

flamingheads
29th August 2007, 08:47 AM
Why not work in fast food or labour or go fruit picking or just do a massive resume drop? Noone could be unemployed for 2 years without a good reason.

eastcoastdrifter
29th August 2007, 10:58 AM
Tafe cost money and Im too expensive to run for fast food...its how I lost my job at EB

oh and I did do some courses
Spec IT Time Management
Spec IT Communication and Customer Skills for IT Professionalsn
Spec IT Microsoft 2261: Supporting Users Running The Microsoft Windows XP Operating Systemsn
Spec IT Microsoft 2262: Supporting Users Running Applications on Microsoft Windows XP Operating Systems

they didnt really do much lol lucky they were free

wooley
29th August 2007, 11:25 AM
i dont know how you can be unemployed for 3 years!?

its honestly not that hard to find a job!!!

got to cafes and restaurants... hell start at fast food if you have to a move up. the moneys worth it.

anythings better than nothing.

then you can afford to go to tafe or whatever and then get a better job.

eastcoastdrifter
29th August 2007, 11:48 AM
it is for me.......

wooley
29th August 2007, 12:14 PM
it is for me.......[/b]

why?

it took me 2 days to find a job, just after finishing year12...

bahnugget
29th August 2007, 12:39 PM
i don't want to be harsh.. but i gotta say it.. so i'm gunna apologise in advance, Sorry.

Nowdays we live in a job rich environment.. the days where you couldnt get a job at 30, 40, 50 are gone.. Employers are having an increasingly hard time finding suitable employees because people have so much more choice.. The ONLY reason a mildly intelligent person can't get a job in this day and age (there are so many its not funny) is because they're slack. You have to be proactive. You're not going to get a job if you're not presenting yourself to potential employers.

basically what im saying is you're unemployed probably because you're lazy. Seems to me just from reading this thread that you dont seem to WANT a job.. people have offered u so many suggestions and you just find a lame excuse for every one. HARDEN UP man.. for crying out loud stop being a sook and get out there.

some jobs i can think of that you could apply for without even thinking hard about it...

- Fast foods
plus you're obviously a bit of a nerd, or interested in computers.. so
- IT Help desk (call center etc)
- Retail (Harvey Norman, Tandy etc)
- Computer shop (hardware repairs software installs etc)
- Network, systems or software analyst (u can start at places with zero experience and they'll help u..)

this is just a few i came up with in about 20 seconds with NO forethought whatsoever.

hell if youre that desperate u can even start at some shitty level like data entry and work yourself up.. any experience is good experience.

Dude, all i can say is you gotta be in it to win it.. get off your computer, get off your arse and go and pillage yourself a freaking job... employees want work ethic, they're not gunna employ someone who's too lazy to get off their butt and look for a job let alone work it.

wooley
29th August 2007, 01:26 PM
zing!

so so true.

eastcoastdrifter
29th August 2007, 01:38 PM
what do u mean Im on seek etc etc nearly everyday and I always get the usual "you have been unsuccessful at this time" letter it can be disheartening when everything you try you fail in.....I think i need a new life

wooley
29th August 2007, 01:51 PM
what do u mean Im on seek etc etc nearly everyday and I always get the usual "you have been unsuccessful at this time" letter it can be disheartening when everything you try you fail in.....I think i need a new life[/b]

rofl! seek. fuck off that shit.
get off your arse and actually go into places. with resumes and speak to the manager etc.
the first fast food place you walk into will probably give you a job on the spot!

verm69
29th August 2007, 02:10 PM
<{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=395815)
what do u mean Im on seek etc etc nearly everyday and I always get the usual "you have been unsuccessful at this time" letter it can be disheartening when everything you try you fail in.....I think i need a new life[/b]

rofl! seek. fuck off that shit.
get off your arse and actually go into places. with resumes and speak to the manager etc.
the first fast food place you walk into will probably give you a job on the spot!
[/b]

word... don't just sit at home and apply on seek... it helps if people actually see your face, hear your voice and get an actuall impression...

there are more jobs in Australia than ever before... so you MUST be able to get one...

shit! i'm 22 and i've been working in IT for 5 years at the end of this year... you can do it, you just have to adjust your attitude, stop winging on here and get out there and start being proactive... it ain't hard... but it ain't easy either

Felix
29th August 2007, 02:15 PM
I laugh...

i'm 19, and have had a full time job along with full time uni for close to 2 years... and if i quit, i could get a job the next day EASILY

as someone mentioned before, it's he perfect time to get a job, the demand is sooo high

go to afe, become a chippy or electriction or just go to the mines??

i had a mate go to the mines straight out of year 12 (only a small guy as well) and he was earning 1200 a week, and only working 4 days

you my friend are a slack ass, no doubt about it

electric mic
29th August 2007, 02:43 PM
I hate to suggest it, why not go to centrelink?

They dont just give you the dole you know, they train you, make you go out and find jobs and work on your resume for you.

They have people that are paid to find you a job while you use their facilities and know how. this includes computer labs and training rooms. Employers actually email and contact them daily, looking for people. Plus if you do all this you can get a payment off the government that you can use to go buy yourself some shirts and ties and some polished leather shoes.

This will get you a job, even if you just take one as a stop gap and get you off your ass and out into the real world, make you get up at 7 an be somewhere by 9 etc.

eastcoastdrifter
29th August 2007, 02:45 PM
i dont recieve the dole never have never will

DavisJD
29th August 2007, 02:51 PM
Go join the army.

Like everyone else is saying, your just plain lazy. Getting a job is easy, even for those physically and metally impared.

Bustin_86
29th August 2007, 03:06 PM
To be honest i cant see why you dont have a job man, if you are trying as hard as you say.

Im 16, i own and run a business that is rapidly expanding, i am employed full time by the government and have achieved all of this simply because i wanted it enough, not because of personal priveledge or anybody helping me... i have done it all on my own.

I dont see how someone with the skills that you posses that is searching in a much more plentiful market than myself cannot attain a job.

electric mic
29th August 2007, 03:42 PM
Ok, well what was it that you hoped to achieve by starting this thread?

job offers?
Job advice?
Personal experience regarding looking for a job?

It looks like we have given everything you need to sort yourself out. I know it sucks to be out of work but you have to try things man... this long is rediculous.

breno
29th August 2007, 05:10 PM
I quit my last job at the end of Last year, then a few days later i wrote off my car injuring myself so i couldnt work for a couple months.
After that i got into abit of a lazy period, just sitting around home for a couple weeks.
Thought it was time to get a new job and got a new one within a week, and thats in Bundaberg!

Sounds like your just lazy, get off your arse get a parttime job and keep on looking. You will be alot more appealing to employers if you are already working.

gottago
29th August 2007, 06:04 PM
how many jobs have you tried for? what types of jobs have u tried for?

ive put in for no bullshit easy 125+ jobs since i been 15 and im now 21.. nothing was ever offered to me.. i worked at kfc for $4.50 an hour fulltime when i wanted work really really bad.. worked 4 hours daily round trip away from home for 2 years when i was 17.

im now a 3rd year chippy work 50 hours on site, 15-20 hours in a servo on weekends( no im not an indian haha) and nights and work saturdays at a real estate agent, i work atleast 65 hours a week minimum.. every job i searched hard and long for, always early, never winged about pay, always worked hard as, and always worked back if needed.

i started labouring for a builder when i was 17 on weekends, which turned into weekdays, which turned into 6 days which turned in apprenticeship.. i never just got offered an apprenticeship,i worked my way up ( and ppl still think apprentice's are the lowest u can go haha)

no compassion from me, thats just lazy...

would take 2 secs to get work on site if u had a greencard, drivers license and private transport. i was on $500 a week moving bricks when i was 17 as employee think on $14 an hour plus travel away sick etc... thats a descent start. labourers who are 20 at my work now get $620 a week after tax.

if u dont mind what u do exactly and thinking a building trade, just drop in a resume to every building site u drive past asking for labouring work, anywhere, sero hand out 100 resumes atleast 2+ will ring back with work..

you only get out what you put in. minimal effort minimal results.

lo_rolla
29th August 2007, 06:27 PM
I went into a reco shop on a Thursday arvo and started on the monday. Since I started my apprenticeship I've worked in 3 different places with never more than a week end off between jobs.

Getting a job is fucking easy but the longer you wait the harder its gonna be.

Andor
29th August 2007, 06:44 PM
Go to centrelink get a healthcare card (makes tafe courses cheaper), choose a trade, do a pre-apprenticeship course, they will more than likely find an apprenticeship for you before the 13 week course even finishes.

sss-a10
29th August 2007, 06:47 PM
go get your self a forklift liesence one day course and you got a liesence

fork's get any were from 20bux per hr to 45per hr to trash around a forklift not hard work easy too

AmyC
29th August 2007, 07:55 PM
Dude i live in a small town and i found a job, Well 3. Sandstone Quarry, Car wrecking yard and the Brisbane cruise ship terminal which is 90 mins away. I have a hard time not finding jobs and i didn't even finish year 12 and lazed around for nearly 2 years so what are you doing wrong ?

;)

jono86
29th August 2007, 08:06 PM
how do you live atm!??? no job no centrelink.........
i garuntee you will get a job if you go to maccas or somewhere like that with a resume..... they are always looking.

ke70dave
29th August 2007, 09:15 PM
i don't want to be harsh.. but i gotta say it.. so i'm gunna apologise in advance, Sorry.

Nowdays we live in a job rich environment.. the days where you couldnt get a job at 30, 40, 50 are gone.. Employers are having an increasingly hard time finding suitable employees because people have so much more choice.. The ONLY reason a mildly intelligent person can't get a job in this day and age (there are so many its not funny) is because they're slack. You have to be proactive. You're not going to get a job if you're not presenting yourself to potential employers.

basically what im saying is you're unemployed probably because you're lazy. Seems to me just from reading this thread that you dont seem to WANT a job.. people have offered u so many suggestions and you just find a lame excuse for every one. HARDEN UP man.. for crying out loud stop being a sook and get out there.

some jobs i can think of that you could apply for without even thinking hard about it...

- Fast foods
plus you're obviously a bit of a nerd, or interested in computers.. so
- IT Help desk (call center etc)
- Retail (Harvey Norman, Tandy etc)
- Computer shop (hardware repairs software installs etc)
- Network, systems or software analyst (u can start at places with zero experience and they'll help u..)

this is just a few i came up with in about 20 seconds with NO forethought whatsoever.

hell if youre that desperate u can even start at some shitty level like data entry and work yourself up.. any experience is good experience.

Dude, all i can say is you gotta be in it to win it.. get off your computer, get off your arse and go and pillage yourself a freaking job... employees want work ethic, they're not gunna employ someone who's too lazy to get off their butt and look for a job let alone work it.[/b]

man i think you need to read this again!!!!

A JOB is easy to find, a job you like is hard to find, but just cause its not the perfect job dont dismiss

i cant believe you haven't had a job in 3 yrs or whatever......

eastcoastdrifter
29th August 2007, 10:43 PM
I have always thought of joining the defence force the only thing that turns me off is abseiling lol

wooley
29th August 2007, 10:48 PM
I have always thought of joining the defence force the only thing that turns me off is abseiling lol[/b]

stop being such a whinger.
go get a fucking job!

eastcoastdrifter
29th August 2007, 10:50 PM
.....if it was that easy.......

Felix
29th August 2007, 10:53 PM
yeh, harden the fuck up

eastcoastdrifter
30th August 2007, 01:08 AM
wtf "harden up" are you trying to come on to me or something :lol:

wooley
30th August 2007, 01:23 AM
.....if it was that easy.......[/b]

it is!
we've told you that.
we've told you where to look.
we've told you work is work. take what you can get.
we've told you everything!
why are you still unemployed!?.... because your a LSOS!

wtf "harden up" are you trying to come on to me or something :lol:[/b]

no. hes telling you to stop whinging!

orange32
30th August 2007, 01:40 AM
clearly he's taking the piss...

wooley
30th August 2007, 01:44 AM
tripper.

eastcoastdrifter
30th August 2007, 03:05 AM
ok I will calm down hmmmmmmmmmmm I dont ask for pity I would rather someone kick me in the face then that Im not lazy either..........Im introverted........it isnt a excuse I only apply online....

Klutch
30th August 2007, 06:29 AM
<{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=396106)
.....if it was that easy.......[/b]
^Hey gais look at dis lazy fucker

i work hard work 2 jobs to get a nice life

i contibute to dis economy, yet dis lazy fuck is the scum of dis country

he sits and plays video games and complanes about life

some say i am always spreading contoversy and propoganda but i contribute to da economy. i dont care

peeps like dis guy fuck our country >., <

ask dis fuck why he gets a job and den leaves? like eb games. dis fucker should stay at his job untill he finds a better employement. i am tired of lazy peeps always make an excuse

he is not a humanbeing.

my purpose here is done. i made dis acocunt and my other fake account to hassle dis fuck. plz ban dis one.

http://a976.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/108/l_ae89c374d8d747a3beda1a0f89fc7507.gif
[/b]
Atleast he knows how to spell.

bahnugget
30th August 2007, 09:01 AM
far out man.. you don't ask for pity? WHAT DO YOU ASK FOR? someone to hold your hand and do it all for you? i thought you said you weren't lazy?

whats the point of this thread then? what, do you just want to share your depression at being a bum with everyone? I'm serious, whats the purpose of this thread?

introverted! PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT!

/end rant.

nath
30th August 2007, 09:09 AM
i know how to fix your softness and your job situation

join the raaf better than apprentice wages

aviation grade mods to ur hachi ftw (alluminum titanium carbon fibre whatever u can get ur hands on)

contract where i am work 4 days a week and i do fuck all

skein
30th August 2007, 01:59 PM
If you aren't going to make the effort and apply for jobs besides seek, don't complain.

www.apsjobs.gov.au
or
or
join the (ch)air force
or
become an hero

The Enthusiast
30th August 2007, 02:07 PM
the forces would look after you..

failing that hit up the rents for a loan to do a pre apprentice course come out 2nd year in 6 months alot of them jobs going
if you cant get a loan from rents.. you might have to look into such avenues like centerlink just for 6 months till you done your course
the tax you pay when working will make up for what you took if you look at it that way??

get a job seeker number and go into a job agency they will make you up a resume

as some one stated "pro active"

if your not proactive dont ever expect to have money or a job :(

jack

eastcoastdrifter
30th August 2007, 02:39 PM
I called ADF just now expression interesting in a Clerk position haha I but the lady said I should look into a couple other jobs so Im browsing now

i could have a job as a recruitment (how ironic) researcher I came 3rd in a world wide exam for real time lalalala "Im not stupid Im not stupid" (singing and skipping)

also I have a good oppertunity at a mobile shop WTF is today my lucky day or some fuckin shit lol

wooley
30th August 2007, 03:45 PM
I called ADF just now expression interesting in a Clerk position haha I but the lady said I should look into a couple other jobs so Im browsing now

i could have a job as a recruitment (how ironic) researcher I came 3rd in a world wide exam for real time lalalala "Im not stupid Im not stupid" (singing and skipping)

also I have a good oppertunity at a mobile shop WTF is today my lucky day or some fuckin shit lol[/b]

no no. it just sounds like you started taking some of our advise and got off your arse.

eastcoastdrifter
30th August 2007, 03:45 PM
no I applied for these jobs on seek a month ago well except the adf one lol

flamingheads
31st August 2007, 11:58 AM
..........Im introverted........it isnt a excuse I only apply online....[/b]

youre introverted cause you sit at home all day and dont talk to people. get a job and thatll vert you outwards a bit. Go an do something crazy like work in England or China or something. Boringness leads to boringness that makes a boring person. Get out there an take some risks and live a bit.

Felix
31st August 2007, 09:35 PM
have u ever had a girlfriend?

in real life, not over the net...

get out abit more, if i owned a business and someone applied face to face vs over the net, the one who made the effort to come see me and talk (even a phone call initially) would get the job hands down

eastcoastdrifter
31st August 2007, 09:49 PM
I was in a relationship with a Succubus for a year...I think she is a member of this site still..........but been single for....but then again i find it hard to find a girl or is it girls find it hard to me but get me a girl who enjoys cosplay,cars,vodka and is bi sexual and isnt as wide as she is tall then it iwll be a different story......hey whats this got to do with anything? lol

GAKI86
1st September 2007, 01:58 AM
you should join the defence man... theyll break you and make you... just like what we do with our sprinters.. and they come out hectic and different...

eastcoastdrifter
1st September 2007, 02:25 AM
I think I will if the researcher gig doesnt turn the way I want it too~~also got a apprenticeship test thing on sunday for Railcorp~~and on monday I think a mobile shop is gonig to call me for a interview and also ADF will contact me for interview but Im confident with researcher job fingers crossed touch wood yadda yadda

eastcoastdrifter
3rd September 2007, 07:55 PM
I got me a group interview at bunnings on wednesday woohoo lol also waiting for a call back for a HR job aswell my finger smells like chicken

JinxD
3rd September 2007, 08:24 PM
big tip

when your out of work for a long period of time you tend to eat less and can be lacking in vitamins and minerals so hitup some steak,veg,fruit and multivitamins in order to maintain/get a job you need to be alert and full of energy.

skein
5th September 2007, 02:20 PM
hitup some steak,veg,fruit and multivitamins in order to maintain/get a job you need to be alert and full of energy.[/b]
sweet i'm gonna eat lots of steak and make it a tax write-off since it's for business purposes

GAKI86
6th September 2007, 12:50 AM
i have the ultiamte solution!!!!!!!!

go see a farmer.. and get both cheeks of your ass branded!!!!

SO THAT WAY YOU WONT BE ABLE TO BLUDGE!!!!!!

eastcoastdrifter
6th September 2007, 01:29 AM
Im not bludging Ive been gonig to interviews left right and centre haha

eastcoastdrifter
6th September 2007, 09:09 PM
I just got back from a interview at a good paying phone accessories (100 + aday)

and Im quite positive I got the job but its all the way at North ryde (I live in Campbelltown) so I h
ave to travel nearlly 2 hrs a day (train and bus) hmmmmmmmm what to do .....

wooley
7th September 2007, 12:17 AM
I just got back from a interview at a good paying phone accessories (100 + aday)

and Im quite positive I got the job but its all the way at North ryde (I live in Campbelltown) so I h
ave to travel nearlly 2 hrs a day (train and bus) hmmmmmmmm what to do .....[/b]

take it.
any jobs better than what your doing!
this is the reason you dont have a job.
because you want it to be te perfect job.

eastcoastdrifter
7th September 2007, 01:04 AM
no its not that Im just saying that dont you think the travel is a bit long ?'

positive
if I took up this job I could actually become a legite member of this site buy january I think if I save like crazy

negative
it will cost me around 75 bucks a week to travel there

riojin
7th September 2007, 11:00 AM
it will cost me around 75 bucks a week to travel there[/b]

my last job cost me $150 a week to travel there. my brother pays $250 in fuel for his job a week which he doesnt get any cash from his employer for. $75 is nothing.

2hrs a day, you mean 1hr there and 1hr back? i know people who travel twice that much.

take the job. dont worry about travel time and costs to get there, its something youll have to live with

Felix
7th September 2007, 11:21 AM
i travel 4 hours a day

take it

eastcoastdrifter
7th September 2007, 03:33 PM
yeah I will take it but the travel is still 1hr 40 min there and the same back lol

86xxx
7th September 2007, 04:05 PM
Where i work mate we have 1 japanese guy, an indian, another started 2 days ago, and got 2 guys coming from chilli to work... there's jobs out there just stop being lazy

ke70dave
7th September 2007, 04:23 PM
can we lock this thread already so mr lazy can stop trying to wallow (spelling..) in sympathy?

take the job, deal with the travelling, i assume its public transport, use your first paycheck to buy an mp3 player for the train, and your set :2thumbs:

eastcoastdrifter
7th September 2007, 04:25 PM
Im not Lazy~~Im unlucky and I have the confidence that I will have this job :)

GAKI86
8th September 2007, 04:08 AM
if you travel that long just make sure you keep the fuel reciepts or the train tickets themselves.. keep a travel diary as it gets handy for tax time.. heck you can even claim your your designer shoes if you plan to walk!!

eastcoastdrifter
8th September 2007, 05:59 AM
have to wait and see If i do get the job....

patience
12th September 2007, 02:44 AM
Lol at this thread... just found it now
I am 20 and have bought outright a twin turbo mkiv supra (which I did sell recently by the way... personal choice not financial), and have just now bought the hachi, a few other tasty personal goodies and still have enough money for going to Japan.
Did I mention I only work two days a week and I am at uni?
How did I get here?
HARD WORK
I attended a private school, silver spoon fed most of my life, 1st year out worked 12 months in an abboitore (sp?) killing cattle doing 10 hour shifts with ex cons. wooooo.
My parents have never bailed me out or given me money, which I thank them for.
And it was all totally worth it ;)

Unless you're rich as or have won the lotto, you will have to put the hard yards in somewhere.
There are so many jobs out there it isn't funny.

eastcoastdrifter
12th September 2007, 03:30 AM
ooooooo-K I do try but God has seemed to have did a nice long shit on my luck file

Intense
12th September 2007, 03:35 AM
I'm guessing you have a generic resume that you use for every job. You need to tailor and customize it to each job, call up and express interest. It's easy to disregard a piece of paper, but when there's a voice behind it, it's a lot harder.

Just go apply for a job at your local fast food joint. It'll tide you over untill you can find something better

eastcoastdrifter
12th September 2007, 03:49 AM
This is my resume it looks alot cleaner in person haha oh as you can can see by eb and tiling solutions that Im still employed technically I havnt been offically let go yet though I havnt had a shift for 2 months for either

Skill Summary[/b]

Computer Skills
Macromedia Flash: Intermediate
MS Excel: Intermediate
MS Word: Advanced
Photoshop:Intermediate
WordPerfect:Intermediate
MS DOS; Intermediate
Windows; Advanced

Languages
English Fluent, Japanese Basic

Interests
Computers, World Culture, Cycling, Music, Learning Different Languages, Auto sports

Referees
John Fardy
Phone:02 95438785
Organization/Position:Tiling Solutions

eastcoastdrifter
14th September 2007, 01:39 AM
quick question how much does a admin assitent usually get a year? got another interview tomorrow dont want to sell myself short

GAKI86
14th September 2007, 02:01 AM
for the love of god!! you ask too much!!

wtf is an asstent!?

eastcoastdrifter
14th September 2007, 02:09 AM
assistant :blush: yes I ask alot here I dont have anyone else to do it haha parents dont give a shit

GAKI86
14th September 2007, 02:25 AM
since you like japanese that bad... try apply for a local tafe if they have it in their courses!!
study there for like 6 months introductory while getting centrelink dosh out of it .. just hide your apparent mad jap skills... the next move.. while doing the course.. make yourself look like youre really into this kind of shit!! (that you really like nihongo honto-ly) APPLY FOR A PART TIME JOB AS AN ASSTENT JAP TEACHER!!!!

just as long as you learn and improve while you do it...

other benefits from it is you may get to travel to japan as a bilingual engrish teacher..

eastcoastdrifter
14th September 2007, 02:32 AM
ははは。。。本とですね? It has always been a dream of mine to go over and work there...hopefully in Osaka (I hate the giants....) but I dont get centrelink benifits...I was thinking if i do get some job I would save up and get my Tesol and buy a Uni degree online then work with my とも but before all that I have to get a shit ass job lol 

patience
14th September 2007, 03:08 AM
You do realise you can go over there and teach English without any qualifications or Japanese knowledge. All they want you to do is talk english with the students.

LAZY
14th September 2007, 11:00 AM
ooooooo-K I do try but God has seemed to have did a nice long shit on my luck file[/b]

Thats right, blame god :rolleyes:

Mr Freeky
14th September 2007, 11:44 AM
i haven't read the whole thread so i might be repeating here. but if you want a better chance of getting a job ring them up and ask if you had a something in the resume (eg. a certificate) pretending that you forgot to put it in and them when they finish checking your resume they will be on top of the pile and it makes them remember you.

Huz
14th September 2007, 03:17 PM
quick question how much does a admin assitent usually get a year? got another interview tomorrow dont want to sell myself short[/b]

WTF Why are you woried about selling yourself short? Any money should be beter than none