PDA

View Full Version : LSD oil

jnr 13b
28th September 2005, 08:35 PM
hi the question is for the guys and girls (Indi) with the CUSCO RS 2way LSD.

what oil do you use and where can i get it from?(sydney)

I want fully synthetic oil. and before you guys go off and say Penrite LSD oil.

CUSCO LSD oil is 80W90.
Penrite LSD oil is 75W90.

need to know the different and what does other people use?

jnr 13b
28th September 2005, 10:38 PM
Kaaz is aloso 80W90

just for more info

mumblezzz
28th September 2005, 11:56 PM
I use the 85-140 penrite shit. $18 from bursons. Be f***ed paying $40 a litre for oil every 2-3 months.

chrisellis
29th September 2005, 02:13 AM
ok a few points from what im sure is 99% correct, but always willing to stand corrected;

Good LSD's are so f***ing sensative to oils! - this is well know fact -

I run a cusco rs 2-way, its been in the car for around 6 months i guess, maby longer.
Currently running kaaz supertrans gear oil. $95 for 2L - i got it HERE (http://www.rmsmotorparts.net/HomeFrameset.htm) recomend dealing with this guy was easy and fast, $95 incleded postage to your door.
As far as im aware it is a fully mineral oil, ie. no synthetic crap in there, no addiatives like most other oils. my diff was 200% quieter, smoother, and less clunky, as soon as i changed to this oil.

I am also sure that the cusco oil is 80-140W, but cant find anywhere to buy it. - saw this info on the cusco site, so search and u may find it also.

My diff sounded like crap with 80-140 synthetic LSD oil in it (this stuff was $30 a lite cant remember the type now, but was a waste of my hard earnt money. however i have never ran the penrite. I think i will try it next time due to peoples respect for it, but who's running it in a cusco 2way?

In the other thread Mattysshop thinks his trd 2 way is tight cause "i can turn on concrete and the inside wheel chatters a little!!" - dude this isnt tight, this is normal for any decent lsd. mine will do it every low speed turn with a decent amount of turning angle on any surface without fail. Just as much if not more so than my friends welded diff! So enjoy the TRD goodness, but its not tight compared to a cusco rs 2way - this has been discussed many times on toymods.

Also wearing in the LSD, u know for the 30minutes of figure 8's u MUST have the clutch IN when turning, then out as u go straight (accel up to 20km/hr), then clutch IN again for the next turn, then your normal driving for id say around 500km's, then change the diff oil (and clean the magnet on ur sump plug http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/ohmy.gif ) and then go drift the shit out of your car.

ah im going to bed, hope this helped

Chris

Monster
29th September 2005, 03:37 PM
I too have a Cusco Type RS 2-way, I initally used castrol LSD oil, me thinks it was 75w-90. It made the diff real noisy and a pain in the ass to drive, in saying that its whats recomended when wearing the new center in.
I now run the funky blue stuff by Penrite, 'LIMSLIP' @ 85w140

jnr 13b
29th September 2005, 07:36 PM
you are just using thicker oil.
do you know if it is synthetic oil or not?

jnr 13b
29th September 2005, 08:05 PM
has anyone ever use motus FF-LSD 75W90.
it there new range. 100% synthertic.