PDA

View Full Version : before they were D1 pros

totoro
3rd October 2005, 03:19 AM
hi guys,

this is my first post! so hi to yall...
anyway i was reading some old Option mags and found these interesting pics...
these articles were featured in Option Magazine January 2000, so about 6 years ago. its funny how they turned out...

this is Hisashi Kamimoto, who drives the Veilside S15 (though i dont keep up with D1 too much so not sure if he still does this year http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/blink.gif )

anyway the pic is a feature on his personal car back then...

AE101 4AGZE + GX81 factory(?) front mount intercooler Spec

Spec is as below
AE101 4AGZE
0.8mm metal head gasket
Cusco pulley (boost: 0.8-9.9kg/cm)
3 layer radiator
GX81 factory front mount intercooler
FC3S oil cooler (modified)
Nismo fuel regulator
standard mission

totoro
3rd October 2005, 03:25 AM
here is Gen Terasaki, who drives the S2000 (not sure now either) and owner of GT Works.

spec:
FCR carbies
288/272 cams
strengthened springs
4AGZE bottom end
Toda 82mm forged pistons
SSRmesh 14x8J

totoro
3rd October 2005, 03:36 AM
heres Katsuhiro Ueo, all famous Yukes AE86. no need for an intro really http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/laugh.gif

in this article he is said to be a SERIOUS tuner meaning he has tried many original ideas and using his own car as test vehicle. he hand made his own inlet manifold as well.

no spec but the caption for the pics say;

engine pic: under the intake funnels the delivery pipe can be seen. the fuel is sprayed from bottom upwards and the reason for this is because the batterfly valve of the throttle opens outwards from the bottom.

fuel pump pic: to prevent the fuel from loosing pressure at high revs he has used GTR fuel pump for the in-tank. DR30 for collector-tank. he has also prepared a third pump which is another GTR one just in case he needs it, and will connect it if necessary (middle of the pic).

totoro
3rd October 2005, 03:41 AM
here is Ken Maeda aka Maeken, who now drives the Grenade FD3S and previously Upgarage AE86.

this is a pic with his old team mate, his team is called Oyabin which is part of a bigger team called DP2 and have been in Drift Tengoku Ikaten (competition) before.

no spec.

also some pics of them twin drifting their home touge!

totoro
3rd October 2005, 03:46 AM
oops stuffed up the order a bit...

heres Ueo (left) and Terasaki (right) drifting and S15

KE70Drifter
3rd October 2005, 09:10 AM
Nice, do they still keep their old cars or have they sold em off ?? ill buy ueo's http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

slide86
3rd October 2005, 05:30 PM
ohh they are fuckin hot
i love Gen Terasaki's and Katsuhiro Ueo's
i have a option video or something of Katsuhiro Ueo's and it sounds so good
its hot as, full pig lol

slide86
3rd October 2005, 05:48 PM
also where did u find these?
got any more pics lol

DRFTAE86
3rd October 2005, 07:01 PM
JDM style is just so good! http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif
There style is so simple yet so tuff.....No rice shit anywhere.

totoro
3rd October 2005, 10:20 PM
well i got those pics from Option January issue 2000 and there are few others like Taniguchi and Maruta but didnt get around to cropping it cos i thought i would keep it AE86 but i got tons of mags with plenty of pics...

when i get time i will scan some and up it here....

i just buy them... if anyone is interested i can get Drift Tengoku(mags/dvd), Battle Magazine(mags), etc from japan... pm me if interested.

RedSuns
3rd October 2005, 10:29 PM
nice

Course_Out
4th October 2005, 10:31 PM
I know this is an ae86 forum but I am a huge fan of any old school style drift cars. Don't spose you've get anymore pics of other d1 drivers old cars? Surely there are people in Japan, somewhere, that didn't start out in ae86's............

RedSuns
4th October 2005, 10:43 PM
get some of FCs if u find sum plz

duo
30th November 2005, 09:46 PM
Taniguchi's car was a ae86 but it isnt that one, that book looks like option or drift paradise, the are probally showing you upgrade tips and modifying
i have a option vid at home ill have to look up what number it is but it has hidden footage of some of the cars that d1 drivers showed up in on their first time on option video including ken "monkey magic URAS" in a s13, such smooth drift

eastcoastdrifter
1st December 2005, 01:53 AM
Im getting a Subscription to Drift tangoku for christmas i think.................