PDA

View Full Version : Redrilling Wheels

Monster
16th October 2005, 03:19 PM
Been looking at a few 15X7 wheels lately and noticed that majority of them are in 5 stud to suit falcadores, which is a pain in the ass because 15X7 to specificly to suit the Hachi can be real expensive.

(Quote from Simmons:
15X7 with 0 offset V4 = $507 each with out tyres
15X7 to suit Falcadore V4 = $1000 all up inc tyres)

Can you get wheels redrilled to suit without comprmising the structrual integrity?
Are they legal?
What offset are facadores?

Wally
16th October 2005, 03:25 PM
i always thought redrilling a wheel was illegal as the wheel with not be as strong as the holes in there that it was designed for?

maybe im wrong

decoyslikecurves
16th October 2005, 04:14 PM
Pretty sure its not illegal... a freind of mine found some 14x8 ssr mk1 style wheels to suit a volkswagon superbug. The pcd was 4x120-something. Got it redrilled and runs them regularly now. I think its pretty hard to get the 5 studs redrilled though, and also it depends on the backplate of the wheel. Sometimes they have solid plates inbetween the factory drilling places and can just be drilled there, sometimes its hollow and needs to be filled with welding.

Ask your local rim repairer or something, they will generally know.

crazy86
16th October 2005, 09:04 PM
You wont be able to get the 5 stud V4's redrilled, as the wheel has cast "hollows" between the studs. (I can show you mine if yoou want) The only V4's you could get re-drilled would be other 4 studs, and you would need an engineer to fill the original holes and drill new ones. Definitely a job for the pro's.

mattysshop
17th October 2005, 03:28 PM
what the hell is a 'falcadore'?

RobertoX
17th October 2005, 03:41 PM
the monstrosity that is the generic, aussie made family sedan... known for their sloppy suspension 4500rpm rev limits, either bogan, family or bogan family owners.... their owners' ideas of performance runs it taking it out the back paddock and kicking up a bit of dirt...
Also famous for 1 wheel burnouts...

RobertoX
17th October 2005, 05:29 PM
keeping king springs and window tinters in business since the 80's

verm69
18th October 2005, 11:13 AM
ha ha ha! http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/laugh.gif