PDA

View Full Version : After ep20 ID Spoilers!!

Dorio86
23rd October 2005, 05:17 PM
This is a summary from "Valkyrie", member of Initial D Extreme Forum, credit to Valkyrie...
Anyway, it starts as a continuation of volume 30: It's an uphill battle, with the second half being downhill (spin around a cone and then go downhill), and Keisuke is in the chasing position. Ryosuke told him to give God Foot a 7-second lead (in terms of pace, not giving him a head-start) in order to save his tires for the downhill section where he would be faster. Apparently part of the reason Ryosuke wanted him to have a lead was so that Keisuke, in his highly tuned FD wouldn't be disturbed by how fast a near-stock R34 is going...
Basically he just gets closer and closer throughout the race and ends right behind him, so they go into a second round.
With Keisuke leading in the second round, it goes pretty much as planned but God Foot follows right behind until the cone where they go into the downhill section... where he gets into the lead by taking the opposite side and basically cuts through Keisuke's line. Then Keisuke is in a mad scramble to get back in front, which continues until the end. God Foot starts drifting, and Keisuke decides to drift too (and some of the people watching mention "this isn't a drift competition!" and wonder why the hell they're drifting so much)... The FD finally gets along side the R34, and in the final corner, the FD finally squeezes ahead, which is last picture in the volume.

This is a summary from "Pasonia", another member of the Initial D Extreme Forum, credit to such...
Basically Keisuke is way behind God Foot's GTR and is trying to fight back for equal footing. God Foot gets extremely charged by Keisuke's aggressive driving and tries to run away as fast as possible, but he wasn't able to as Keisuke gets right behind him at the end of the uphill battle, to the locals' dismay.
When the downhill round starts, Keisuke deliberately drives slower in order to block God Foot, an action which agitated God Foot seeing as Keisuke's Rotary would have been able to overpower him right from the word "go".
Something happened right at the "bend with a cone"... as God Foot makes a sudden sharp turn into the FD's path...and snatches the lead back.
Near the end of the volume, God Hand says that the sudden drift battle that occured because of a simple block-path tactic by God Foot, is absolutely detrimental to God Foot due to GT-R's heavy car chassis and weight. Which proves correct as God Foot realises that he's straying further and further away from the optimum path.
I'm not sure if it's Keisuke who realises that fact by the way the car is driven, or is it due to an earlier to-self note by himself when he said "I've gotten a grip on your tire grip, Uncle..." (something in that sense) but whatever it is...At one turn, Keisuke takes the outer lane...edging God Foot into the inner lane...and takes the lead back.
The volume ends as such. -.-, so pretty much volume 32 hasn't been released to explain how the outcome of this race was, only bits of parts of rumors of what happened after the race are explained online in various sites and forums.

GODHAND RACE
Note: This one is from various compilations of 3 people that typed this big summary, credits to them whoever they are...but you know who you are if you typed this.

In the start of the race race Takumi gets a head start on the S2000 (AP1), also known as the S2K. Daiko Ninomiya and Smiley Sakai were also watching the race.
The driving style of Jojima in the S2K downhill is absolutely amazing using the one-hand steer technique giving him the nickname “Godhand" (just like the “Duct Tape" or “Gum Tape" match). His left hand never lets go of the shifter and the right hand obviously never lets go of the steering wheel. There is the saying that Jojima's driving style is similar to that of another famous well-known WRC (World Rally Championship) racer. (The only WRC racer that i've seen do that was Petter Solberg in the BMI vid of him, but from what i hear, this is common practise anyway, like common in the F1 for example). Takumi describes the feeling of the S2K (Purple Shadow) behind him in the race as being quite similar to the Bunta chasing his son down with the Impreza.

The race continues on from Vol 28 where S2000 is chasing the 86. Keisuke comments that the course don't have long straight roads, that Takumi will be defeated if he don't hold his ground early. However, he comments that this will be a long endurance race as the S2000 driver is very good. 1st round Takumi drove in front and did a pretty good time. 2nd/4th/6th rounds when Toshiya (s2000 driver) drove in front, he used different lines of attack to confuse Takumi, also he didn't want Takumi to see the best line of attack yet, because he knew it not a race that's going to be decided in 1 or 2 rounds. As usual the spectators are all like "holy crap those two are crazy fast". Takumi holds out the first round and onto the second round. At this moment, Kenta thinks the 86 will win, since Takumi never loses an downhill battle chasing someone, rather he will be more concentrated. Daiki and Sakai comments on the S2000, how Honda, Todou's favorite brand of cars and the top carmakers, constructed an amazing FR car. They even go to the extent of commenting that according to Saichou (Mr. Todoh), the S2000 is more faster than the NSX during heavy cornering. With all this and the fact that the skills of the S2000 driver is amazing, Takumi will surely lose.
The manga goes onto detail with the specs of the S2000, how it is an Honda F20C NA engine producing 125 HP per litre, having a 50/50 weight distribution, and the High X-Bone carbody in a convertible roadster format, it is really a supercar. Basically it is made to combat 4WD Turbo cars (LanEVO) God Foot then comments on the excitement of the second battle, and how concentrated Takumi's driving is, but he also notes how stubborn Takumi is through his driving. Takumi, being a chaser, is noting how hard this race is, and he can't decrease the margin. Takumi then realizes the different line the S2000 is taking from the first race, and suddenly gets confused, as the line the S2000 is taking is not the fastest through the course...or so he thought. The S2000 remains fast, and Takumi becomes confused. Project D starts to get worried, since Takumi can't close in on the S2000, and Ryousuke notes how before the race, Takumi told him that the opponent is a ghost, but the team don't know what Takumi was talking about. Keisuke goes to take a nap, because he knows that the race won't finished until WAYYYY later. The spectators do their usual comments "oh wow, I never expected the 86 to follow God Arms this close blahblahblah".
The scene then shifts to Akina, where Yuiichi is taking a test drive with Bunta inside the STi. Yuiichi says that the sTi is powerful, the steadiness, how the 4WD won't be as affected with road condition as the FR. Bunta says that Takumi don't need driving techniques right now, what he needs to work on is different approaches to a course. For example, he could just stick to racing with one lane, etc. If he could figure out how to race with different lines while still being fast, he could disrupt his opponents tempo and be victorious, Bunta says that Takumi still has long ways to go. In truth, there is still only 1 line that is the best racing line and no other that can achieve the best time attack.
The manga shifts back to the race, where its already the 6th round already. People are starting to wonder how the race will end. Again the S2000 is taking a different line to the course, and Takumi is confused with which line is really the ideal line to the fastest through the course. Daiki comments how irritating it can be when the 86 chases you, and Sakai agrees. However, Sakai thinks the S2000 is just toying with the 86, and hasn't shown its true power yet. Ryousuke sees the time for the previous races, and when he sees Takumi's time, he goes "ah sh*t, Takumi's been tricked" Ryousuke orders the team to request a time out fuel fill up after the 6th race, with the real intention to tell Takumi what to do. He then gathers Project D staff to see the stats for the race thus far.
The 6th race comes to a close, Takumi is sweating like hell and comments how hard this battle is. Takumi comments on how bad the times for the S2000 is, since the S2000 takes different lines everytime. Ryousuke tells him that is not the case, and allows Takumi to see the time. Takumi is in disbelief, the S2000's time in rounds 2, 4, and 6 is the same everytime, while Takumi's is getting slower and slower after every race. Takumi's getting worried, since this opponent's really hard. Ryousuke predicted that the race is going to change dramatically in the 7th round, but he told Takumi there's no need to adapt to his opponent speed, just attack with his own way of driving, to believe in himself. That's exactly what Ryousuke didn't want to happen.... just before the race, he told Takumi that his opponent is an aura, and he shoudn't look at him, just look straight at the road ahead. Ryousuke also mentioned to Takumi to make use of the gutters and the area on the side of the road, that's the only chance for them to win.
God Feet talks to God Arms that if they keep delaying the race longer it will effect them because of their old age as a disadvantage, so God Arms decides its time to finish this battle.
The race starts again on the 7th round with Takumi as the leader. Ryousuke's impressed with the cruelty of S2000 driver for tricking Takumi. Takumi figures out that the S2000 is merely playing with him, and not taking the perfect line to the course. Takumi becomes really bothered, as he's been giving it all he's got. God Feet comments on how that Toshiro's driving style is cruel, even when he's a doctor. The S2000 driver notes that the tires on the 86 is worn out, while his is still decent (since he uses one hand steering).
The S2000 decides on the corner in which he will pass the 86, the 9th turn in the continuing S curves, since that turn is a little different. The S2000 accelerates, runs up to the gutter, and takes a line along the mountain slopes, as the mountain slope sorta acts as a gutter jump, and passes Takumi. The S2000 driver says "sorry, this is where you'll end" as he drives at full speed. Everyone is in shocked when they hear that Takumi has been passed, that they started to count the 86 out. God Feet even told his team to start his car up for him, as the race has ended, there's no way the 86 would catch up. Ryousuke comments on how the S2000 is not worked up yet, since he's still only driving with one hand. Keisuke's ordered to get up, since after the race, its his turn. Keisuke's says "Finally, the 86 has been beaten, like I predicted."
Takumi learns from how the S2000 takes corners, and starts taking every corner with the gutter-jump mountainside as well as his famous gutter trick, and starts to pull closer to the S2000. The S2000 driver is in shock now, since the 86 could catch up, and how it can take the suicide Mountainside gutters so well. After some more suicidal gutters, the 86 takes over the S2000 when Takumi switches the headlights off while doing his gutter trick at the last corner of the course. Toshiro thought the 86 was lost, but when he discovers the 86 again, its already in front of him with the headlights switched back on. Toshiro gets nervous and steers with two hands now. He asks what's going on? The tires on his car is also all gone. God Foot Hoshino is in major shock, but tells his cronies to shut off his GT-R, the race is still to be over. God Arm Toshiro realized what Takumi did since he knows the course so well, but he can't do it with the s2000 because of its low suspension.
Onto the eighth race, the 86 chases again. God Arms is confused, but determined to win, except this time he goes for the best driving line going for the best time attack as well.

So, the 8th race between God Arms and Takumi ensues, with Takumi as the chaser. God Arm notes how when he races normally, he doesn't really care about taking lines, but only use the full potential of the tires to race as fast as possible. He also notes that during his practice with the one-arm driving technique, taking lines isn't really important, as using the tires effectively would nevertheless yield the same time if any line was taken. Therefore, he races not with the desire to take the best line, but use the tires most effectively, as he notes that even with the best racing technology inside the car, it all boils down to the tires and its grip with the road, without the tires there would be no race. With this thought, God Arms deduced the "record line", which essentially is the fastest line that can be taken on course.

Everyone is still in disbelief on the results of the 7th battle, where it looked like God Arms have already won, but was overtaken. Sakai notes how the driving of God Arms have become more serious (since he drives with both hands now, and also mentally as well). Everyone agrees that this 8th round will be the crucial round in which the race is to be settled. Sakai also notes that in the current situation, God Arms have the advantage, as the racetrack is Purple Shadow's home course, with equilvilent skills, the one with the most knowledge of the track will win. Where Takumi and the rest of the Project D spends time perfecting the course and burning every image into their own heads, that alone can't beat the natural and therefore instinct of a local driver (AKA 86 in Akina). And so back to the race, where Takumi notices the S2000 getting farther little by little after every corner. And the next few pages has some Project D conversation (basically what Sakai said before). Ryosuke notes that this is a good challenge for Takumi, and even though the situation leans more towards the other side, the whole team firmly believes that the mysterious "luck" that Takumi processes will help him overcome this ordeal. Ryosuke said that all Takumi can do now, is wait with patience, as it has already turned into an endurance race. Back to the cockpit with God Arms, who notes that weight distribution at this stage is crucial, as the tires have been races to literally nothing. Driving, as Arm said, is basically physics class.
The next few pages show that there is some distance between the S2000 and 86, Takumi isn't doing bumper kissing like he's been doing ever since the start of D. Takumi notes the severity of the situation, and he is panicking on what to do. The scene shifts to Keisuke, who's taking a nice conversation with his #1 fanboy Kenta and his mechanic, and they talk about the special gutter-like technique in round 7 that Takumi did. Kenta ask just why doesn't Takumi use that technique in every corner and he would definitely win the race. Keisuke calls him a dumbass and says that 1) God Arms won't fall for the same trick twice, and secondly, that move requires a lot of risk on the driver and on the car, and especially on the car, since its not a Akina-like gutter, but rather the side of the road where dirt is submerged into the ground, which hurts the car a lot more than Akina's gutters. Takumi, however, seeing that the S2000 is a pace faster, decides to use it anyways, He succeeds on doing the first gutter turning left, but while doing the second gutter right, Takumi mis-managed his speed, and cannot balance the G-force on his car, and screws up the alignment on his car (as the tires is locked into the gutter). Takumi quickly understand that this will cause the car imsurmountable damage, corrects the error, but at the same time, due to this error, the speed of his car dramatically decreased. Takumi knows that he has lost, and God Arms knows that he has won after looking back on the rear mirrors. However, at this point, the S2000 brakes hard and spun out. God Arms gets out of the car and starts puking, letting the interally damaged 86 past him and drives (I take car not to use speed, as the car 86 is not race-able) to the finish line (think Nakazoto). At the finish line, God Feet ask if the God Arm's is really that fatigue, and if God Arm's body really that week. God Arms said that he doesn't want to have any excuses, but due to fatigue, the hot weather, the liver seem to have trouble functioning and caused his demise. (JYD's comment: at first it seems sad, but seeing how this is an endurance race, its seems logical, although I preferred something flashy). God Feet told God Arms that he could just barf in the car and finish the race, but God Arm's just said that he cares about his posture and ego more than the race, he doesn't want to celebrate a win with his friends with barf over his body. Takumi's mechanic ask if Takumi can still drive back to Akina, and Takumi says its fine, as long as its normal driving. Ryosukes tells Takumi to quickly fix his car, so he can work on his new found technique, race with multiple lines. Ryosuke later on thinks more carefully, and says that Takumi isn't a racer who you can analyze with mathimatical or probablity technique, but rather something magical that science can't possibly describe, just like the time when he raced with Tomo.

RedSuns
23rd October 2005, 09:14 PM
holy crap dude how bloody long did it take you to write all that..
o wait u probly copied it. anywayz i got bored at the third paragraph and i cant be f***ed readin the rest. summary plz

sic86
23rd October 2005, 09:19 PM
Wow, that's a lot of writing.

Cheers

Julz01
23rd October 2005, 09:34 PM
WOW that is alot of writing, I didnt realise how dedicated ID fans were.

lucky I dont watch it

sic86
23rd October 2005, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Julz01@Oct 23 2005, 08:34 PM

lucky I dont watch it
Well your not a true Hachi fan unless you watch it http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/cool.gif

Cheers

RedSuns
23rd October 2005, 10:07 PM
amen to that http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/wink.gif

ae86
23rd October 2005, 10:32 PM
well, looks like that counts me out then as a true hatchi fan, ive only seen a few eps and the 2 OVA's... http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/sad.gif

crazy86
24th October 2005, 01:31 AM
Damn, I thought this was going to be a thread about some sort of Bodykit bits http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/cool.gif

Im with you Neko, The only Inital D episodes I have seen are dodgy Bali copies i bout on holiday for a dollar http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/laugh.gif

slide86
24th October 2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Alan+Oct 23 2005, 08:36 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Julz01@Oct 23 2005, 08:34 PM

lucky I dont watch it
Well your not a true Hachi fan unless you watch it http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/cool.gif

Cheers [/b]
im a hachi fan, not an anime fan http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/dry.gif

RobertoX
24th October 2005, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Alan+Oct 23 2005, 08:36 PM-->

lucky I dont watch it
Well your not a true teenage Hachi fanboy unless you watch it http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/cool.gif

Cheers [/b]
fixed http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/wink.gif

Julz01
24th October 2005, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Alan+Oct 27 2005, 02:36 PM-->

lucky I dont watch it

Cheers [/b]
Yea I must not be a fan of hachis then because I didnt buy one because of a cartoon

Dorio86
25th October 2005, 08:11 AM
Guys grow up.
Just because you own a sprinter and watch ID or dont, doesnt make you into anything.

Dorio86
25th October 2005, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by RedSuns@Oct 23 2005, 08:14 PM
holy crap dude how bloody long did it take you to write all that..
o wait u probly copied it. anywayz i got bored at the third paragraph and i cant be f***ed readin the rest. summary plz
Takumi loses against the s2000

RedSuns
25th October 2005, 12:19 PM
ok
glad i didnt bother