PDA

View Full Version : AE86 For Me

Peripheral
27th October 2005, 10:39 PM
Well here she is...
Finally got the pics onto the pooter
My stock as ADM AE86
I'll try and keep it updated with new pics and what not.

Cheers all
Josh

Wally
27th October 2005, 10:48 PM
looks clean and straight mate... like the rims too!..

got any plans?

Peripheral
27th October 2005, 10:54 PM
Was all set to go through with a 20v conversion until my budget was seriously shot down... Long story
So instead I'm currently hunting for a 4age 16v (86kw or 100kw either way just to slot in for now. The 4ac is not worthy of that car. IMO anyways...

RedSuns
27th October 2005, 11:26 PM
this is gonna sound like a really stupid question but what is ADM exactly?
is it sumthing to do with the fact that ur lights look a bit different?

Medicine_Man
28th October 2005, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by RedSuns@Oct 27 2005, 10:26 PM
this is gonna sound like a really stupid question but what is ADM exactly?
is it sumthing to do with the fact that ur lights look a bit different?
ADM = Australian Domestic Market
JDM = Japanese Domestic Market

DRFT - 86
28th October 2005, 09:59 AM
looks good chief... keep us updated...... rims are smick to... they 16 or 17's....?

Peripheral
28th October 2005, 10:12 AM
16's
I wasn't too sure on them at first but the more I see them the more they are growing on me.
I'm picking up my JDM dash tonight.
Pretty much just collecting a few bits and pieces for it.
I'll post somemore pics up tonight

Thanks for the comments everyone

Cheers
Josh

Peripheral
28th October 2005, 09:23 PM
Another pic

Peripheral
28th October 2005, 09:24 PM
I could of cleaned it before this shot... Oh well

Peripheral
28th October 2005, 09:25 PM
I'll take some more tomorrow with some daylight

RedSuns
29th October 2005, 12:58 AM
pretty clean car, only thing i dislike is ur rims, get sum dish

Wally
29th October 2005, 04:57 AM
looks great mate, hope you find te engine and post up the conversion!...

i have 16s on my car, they are quite big!! http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/dry.gif

OBE353
29th October 2005, 04:46 PM
looks sweet as, pity the 4ac's just don't cut it http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

dream2drift
16th November 2005, 07:49 PM
Nice car!
Can i take it for a drive sometime?

What is the little yellow one in the background?

it looks like a little beast

v-tec
16th November 2005, 08:23 PM
very nice. look nice and clean. and you cant go wrong with white... strangly enough... i think ive seen this car somewhere before

might have been on carsales when i was looking for a sprinter

GTVAE86
16th November 2005, 08:38 PM
I like it, very clean and straight. But I am not keen on the wheels, its like they dont belong.

But then again it could be just me.

Still its very nice. Keep us posted with any developments on this car.

sic86
16th November 2005, 09:01 PM
Looks good. Don't mind the rims. Did you get the centre caps?

Cheers

DRFT - 86
16th November 2005, 09:33 PM
how close u gettin to droppin that Ge' in man.......

Peripheral
17th November 2005, 07:12 AM
After recieving a very disheartening letter in the mail... Probably not until early-mid next year.

3 letters

DUI

PM me for details if you want man...
Spewin

DRFT - 86
17th November 2005, 10:47 AM
..shit......... all in good time man... it will be worth it in the end..

Peripheral
17th November 2005, 01:31 PM
I've decided to start again with my thinking.
I'm gonna do my brake suspension and body work first. Then I'm gonna buy a 4AGE rebuild it with a few thirsty bits. Hopefully have it all ready and running then "DONK" in it goes.

That's the plan. But when it comes to car not alot goes according to plan with me.
Hopefully have this started mid next yr now.

DRFT - 86
17th November 2005, 02:20 PM
u'll get there man..... mines been hibernating in the garage for the last year.... havent done shit to it... next year is the year tho...

ur plan sounds good champ.... if I get the chance.... sometime in the next 3 months after I get my ride fixed and back on the road I'll have to meet up with u while Im in Syd...

Peripheral
17th November 2005, 02:57 PM
Yeah man for sure
Or if I've got a free weekend me and the Girl might trek down there for a day. If it's good weather might stay for the weekend.

DRFT - 86
17th November 2005, 03:09 PM
yeh champ whatever ahy.................I will prob be spendin most of my time in Syd over the coming weeks tho.. workin with my old man and fix'n my ride... have to tow it up on a trailer.... tryn to get my license sorted so I can drive after its fixed....

Peripheral
25th November 2005, 08:48 AM
Good news for me!!!!
Should be landing myself some dosh in the next few weeks (I love back pay) Which will inturn lead to my new suspension setup. I'll post some pics once I've got all the bits. Just thought I'd keep everyone updated with where I am.

Cheers All
Josh

DRFT - 86
25th November 2005, 10:50 AM
Good news indead.................. what u specificly planning on doing...?

Peripheral
25th November 2005, 03:09 PM
Not exactly sure yet man...
Got a few people pointing me at things to look at. Honestly I'm still learning about the haichi's. But the more I learn and do myself the easier stuff will be in the future.

Looking at spending up to $2K on the suspension setup. And I'm getting new wheels as well. Something different. I'll keep everyone updated with how things are going.

DRFT - 86
25th November 2005, 04:16 PM
cool........... theres so many options to choose from now ahy...

Ive been thinkin as well............ gona set my car up for more grip than slip... still want it to be easy to slide but I want it to stick like a bitch as well......... if thats achievable or not who knows... somewhere in between I guess..

sic86
25th November 2005, 07:40 PM
Be sure to post up pics on the progress

Cheers

Peripheral
2nd December 2005, 08:04 AM
Well... After reading one of my own posts I perhaps should of taken my own advice. "Don't let your emotions control the car"
My car didn't quite make it home last night... Even with the Mighty 4AC I managed to keep her in the Red most of the way home from.... a friends place.... Got half way home.... Temp needle decided to make a hard right and sit in the Red. Considering I already had the shits this just made me even worse... It started to cough and chug so I pulled up. Opened the bonnet.....

There was Oil Burnt and caked onto everything in the engine bay. My overflow bottle was boiling and had black in it as well. Left it for 10 mins put some fresh oil and water in it. Tried to start it. It backfired like a MO FO and then wouldn't kick anymore.

So.... Good time for a complete tear down and rebuild.

DRFT - 86
2nd December 2005, 08:24 AM
what better reason.... lol