PDA

View Full Version : Project revs update

mattysshop
1st November 2005, 07:58 AM
motor 100kw 4AGE

progress:
ok the block has been chemicly cleaned, so have the pistions, the rods have been linished balanced and strees relived..the head has been pulled down and given a bit of a port and polish http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/wink.gif ..0.4mm taken off the head, mesured up each and every bearing and ordered ACL 'race series' bearings which arrive today, ACL chromolly rings, the top ring land of each piston is being machined out a bees dick to slide in one of my old oil seperator rings, this will give the engine a lot better chance of holding compression (makes it a gapless ring)..the T3 quad throttle body adaptor should be arriving at my door step any day..clutch has been rebuilt..thanks Dougie at NPC for hooking us up again! so...all things going well should be all in and ready to rumble not this weekend, but next weekend..i kno i have said that a few time befor! ha ha ha..

all machine work is been carried out at Extreme Engineering ofcourse..

Matty

crazy86
1st November 2005, 09:04 AM
Sounds good. What kind of clutch/ flywheel package are you running? Any pics http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/wink.gif ?

mattysshop
1st November 2005, 02:39 PM
the clutch is a 2000lbs pressure plate, 4 puck carbide spring disc, stock 100kw flywheel, that has been lightend a fair bit..it weighs about 4.5/5kg's the clutch is only the 200mm type..but its the same one that put up with a 220hp GZE..didn't cost me much to get rebuilt, so it would be plenty for the atmo motor!

if you really wanted to have a look at pics of the whole build process..go to www.cruisingbrisbane.com go into the tech section, and search for project revs..i have a post there that i am continually updating with all the pics possible!..i can't see that forum when i'm here at work..this is the only forum allowed..if you can link some of the images from there to here..but i'll prolly upload some when i get home..