PDA

View Full Version : MOTUL RBF600

andru_g
10th November 2005, 01:44 AM
guys i currently use some Motul RBF600 in the 86 coz its wats alwais been used since i got it....

but anyhow i alwaiz find that i have to top up my brake fluid every 2 week or so coz the brake fluid jus dissapears... there are noticable leaks anywhere... and im just wondering if its in its nature to jus dissapear... or should ther be somethin i should b lookin out for?

thanks

andrew

Gilly
10th November 2005, 05:35 AM
no mate it shouldn't just disappear. i'd be checking wheel cylinders if you have a drum rear end. if not it could be your master cylinder leaking back into your booster.

crazy86
10th November 2005, 09:42 AM
secret places for brake fluid to go are
1. leaking inside the rear drums, then being eveporated before you see it on the outside
2. leaking into the booster
3. sometimes you can get a leak that tracks down from the booster, or from the clutch master, under the carpet, which then has a good time rusting out your floor. It can also trickle down and into the crack between the bulkhead and the chassis rail.

Medwin_3sGTE_AE86
10th November 2005, 01:28 PM
I use Endless RF650... Basically the same sorta stuff... very good brake fluid!! This is the next level up from the dot 5.1 standard... mainly designed for track use...