PDA

View Full Version : ae86 front struts?

EVIL 86
17th November 2005, 05:17 PM
hi peoples i am picking my new sghell up on week end and need to put some front struts in her to move and im thinking about getting a complete set of fronts will all the shit so just bolt on and off and wondering what models are interchangable

ive heard ra40?but not shore and

since i know not much about old toyota shit appart from hachi maybe post a pic of car so i know what im looken for lol if not owell more workl for me

EVIL 86
17th November 2005, 10:59 PM
what does no one know if this is possible or just cant be bothere

plz help me as i wanna get my hachi home

mattysshop
17th November 2005, 11:59 PM
depends on what sorta spacer you use on the bottom? i got mine cut about 60mm and converted to coilovers, and now i use an insert from a jap AE92..at the moment they are TRD yellow short stroke inserts..

mattysshop
18th November 2005, 12:03 AM
ohh the actuall full strut..wel yeh..use RA40 ones..they will bolt in..not sure if you'll be able to drive it though..should give you some crazy posotive camber? anything toyota should fit in without a hassle, if all you need to do is move it yeh just go for gold..

that is an RA40 just incase..i took the wheels off it and got it skull dragged off the drive way..if only you knew earlier..it had new shocks and king springs all round..just couldn't be bothered taking them out..

EVIL 86
18th November 2005, 01:02 PM
i am thinking about skull dragging the bitch up onto the tandom but im just not shore lol its got back rims on but the fronts are just bare and need to find a quik fix to get onto tailer http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/7/5/4/536981.jpg

rthy
4th December 2005, 11:29 PM
ra-28 struts go straight in, I am using a modified set of them myself.