PDA

View Full Version : Power steering on Aust spec AE86

Hyuga
20th November 2005, 06:37 PM
any idea on how it can be done? I know Jap spec they have power steering but its kinda hard to get the jap spec power steering unit, any other local model will bolt on to ae86? (already got the pump from the fwd engine)

upgarage
20th November 2005, 07:02 PM
dont think anything else will fit
why do u want p/s anyway

sic86
20th November 2005, 07:10 PM
In japan some people use an electric power steering unit

Cheers

DRFT - 86
20th November 2005, 09:08 PM
KE70...............

upgarage
20th November 2005, 10:58 PM
ke70???
which ke70 has/had power steering???

Big T
20th November 2005, 11:29 PM
No ke70 came out with power-steering. Non powersteer gives better feedback imho.

Hyuga
21st November 2005, 12:22 AM
but I really don't like the feedback it gave me when I do parellel parking in the city.
Yea I saw that electric powersteering ae86 site and it has the procedure on how to setup but its very very compilcate and I believe most of the parts the guy used is not avalible in here too, plus I'm not that good at understanding jap symbol...
just if anyone here got powersteering and want to get rid of please let me know.

upgarage
21st November 2005, 12:30 AM
haha
why do u need steering feedback when your parking? unless your some sort of olympic time trial parker

Hyuga
21st November 2005, 12:50 AM
not that kinda time trial person but when you'r doing parallel parking in the city and every taxis staying behind you waiting on you to finish but you can't finish it in one go because the space left out from the front and back car usually very tight to fit your car into in one go, so its kinda shame sometimes everyone looking at you waiting for you to finish the parking, well you no what it feel like.

mc68
21st November 2005, 02:06 AM
grow some muscles http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

im used to my cars not having it that i freak out when a drive a car with it http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

sic86
21st November 2005, 09:29 AM
Whenever I drive my girlfriends car and than hope back into mine, i get a shock, they are stiff but u get use to it.

Cheers

sic86
21st November 2005, 09:31 AM
I've seen in a mag a guy using an electric power steering unit off a Wagon R. It goes under neath the steering column. It's ideal for drifting becuase it doesn't utilize any belts or power steering oil.

Cheers

DRFT - 86
21st November 2005, 09:59 AM
KE70...............?

I dont know........... some lad on toymods had a PS system he was gona sell me a few months ago... (from a KE70)

thats all I know

Hyuga
21st November 2005, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Alan@Nov 21 2005, 08:31 AM
I've seen in a mag a guy using an electric power steering unit off a Wagon R. It goes under neath the steering column. It's ideal for drifting becuase it doesn't utilize any belts or power steering oil.

Cheers
wats wagon r look like?

Monster
21st November 2005, 11:02 AM
Power steering on a Hachi...

SUCKS DOGGIE BALLS!!!

But, if you must... there is a company in Monavale who does them exchange/reco

RobertoX
21st November 2005, 12:08 PM
N-V the taxi st33ring

crazy86
21st November 2005, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Hyuga@Nov 20 2005, 11:50 PM
not that kinda time trial person but when you'r doing parallel parking in the city and every taxis staying behind you waiting on you to finish but you can't finish it in one go because the space left out from the front and back car usually very tight to fit your car into in one go, so its kinda shame sometimes everyone looking at you waiting for you to finish the parking, well you no what it feel like.
86 steering is light as. Go and buy yourself an old 76 Chrysler/Valiant without PS, then you will know why power steering was invented. The only reason people put PS on little cars these days is because A. most are FWD and B. people are lazy and want a car that does everything for them.

Hyuga
21st November 2005, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Loki Boyracer+Nov 21 2005, 10:02 AM-->
But, if you must... there is a company in Monavale who does them exchange/reco[/b]
well can't find the anything on whitepage in monovale, you got the company name?

<!--QuoteBegin-CRAZY86@Nov 21 2005, 12:16 PM
86 steering is light as. Go and buy yourself an old 76 Chrysler/Valiant without PS, then you will know why power steering was invented. The only reason people put PS on little cars these days is because A. most are FWD and B. people are lazy and want a car that does everything for them.
No I won't change my mind, I believe power steering is better, my hachi is a daily driver, surely it does more shopping and parking than drifting http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif

xolent
21st November 2005, 02:24 PM
pfft. weak.

"I pity the fool"

Monster
21st November 2005, 02:27 PM
76 Chrysler/Valiant[/b]

HA!!!

2 words... LADA NIVA!!!

No I won't change my mind, I believe power steering is better, my hachi is a daily driver, surely it does more shopping and parking than drifting[/b]

Dude, no ones saying that no PS is better for drift or whatever, I think what people are trying to say is that first you you have to find a ps pump bracket, then pump, get steel lines made up, get the rack, rack ends, new front crank pulley and match a belt to suit. Its alot of money and effort to make your steering a little lighter (im pretty sure that jdm hachi ps isnt much lighter plus is power assisted only)

crazy86
21st November 2005, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Loki Boyracer@Nov 21 2005, 01:27 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
76 Chrysler/Valiant

HA!!!

2 words... LADA NIVA!!!

[/b][/quote]
Seriously dude, Try punting a big old chrysler/val/ford LTD of the mid 70's down the windys, you will have arms bigger that Arnie http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/laugh.gif Your Lada might have been 4WD, but the chassis and bodywork is made from recycled sardine tins, Unlike the Yank tanks, whose body panels are about as thick as 86 chassis steel.

rthy
4th December 2005, 11:47 PM
noramlly I am a really polite person and all but I have to say this:

if you have trouble parking your 86 then somethign is seriously wrong, damn save your money and spend it on a gym membership, your G/F would probably appreciate it too.