PDA

View Full Version : AE86 rear sway bar question?

riceburner
20th November 2005, 11:00 PM
Installed a Whiteline 20mm adjustable rear sway bar the other day, feels good during normal driving, but when pushed (cnr hard) i get the distinct feeling that the car has 4ws, well that what it feels like.

Could this just be the way it is, i mean the car handles 100% better (pretty damm good actually) and im not complaining, but it didnt think the rear end would feel so tight and loose at the same time.

Car also has Whiteline 27mm front sway bar and adjustable panhard rod also from Whiteline.

Anythoughts.

Cheers

Steve

Steve-AE86
22nd November 2005, 09:36 AM
by 4ws, you mean 4 wheel steering? or a typo for 4wd, and bodyroll?

if it's 4ws, beats me.

if it's 4wd, maybe you haven't adjusted your swaybar up tight enough?

RobertoX
22nd November 2005, 09:39 AM
4ws? what are your rear end bushes like? old or new?

E V A N
22nd November 2005, 10:35 AM
I think steve means it oversteers or rear steers when u lift off. which will happen with a stiffer rear

crazy86
22nd November 2005, 11:07 AM
My hachi used to do that, as it would settle into the corner, and the G's would build, suddenly it would go into 4ws mode, and i would have to change my steering input.
Once i changed the bushings on the panhard rod, it was all fixed.

Dorio86
22nd November 2005, 11:31 AM
Drive the car without the rear sway bar for a week, then give us your opinion on which handles better.

RobertoX
22nd November 2005, 11:43 AM
^^ like crap :S
(what I'm doing atm)

ae86 slide
22nd November 2005, 06:33 PM
its probably a slight amount of oversteer, not enough to break into a full slide or squeel the tyres just enough to make it feel like the rear is squirming around

riceburner
22nd November 2005, 09:30 PM
The rear end feels all loose but it holds nice, well heaps better then the standard one anyways.

No rear sway bar, um nah, dont trust it

Every bush/collar anything to do with suspension isnt more then 18mths old. Except trailing arm bushes, maybe that it.

I dunno, just feels different thast all.

Anyone wanna test drive it for more, just to make sure im not going quer eye.

Maybe a wheel alignment is needed, cause i do notice it more when turning right.

Cheers

Steve

E V A N
23rd November 2005, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by FKN16v@Nov 26 2005, 02:30 PM
Anyone wanna test drive it for more, just to make sure im not going quer eye.
Will do steve
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif