PDA

View Full Version : 20V 4AGE

sic86
22nd November 2005, 08:58 AM
Which is better? All i can see are the difference's between the silver and black are the silver top have a AFM and the black top has MAP. The black one also has larger quad throttle bodies and fleciable rubber intake trumpets in larger air box. Is it really worth the extra money getting the black top?

Cheers

Steve-AE86
22nd November 2005, 09:33 AM
for the ease of putting into an ae86, i've bought 2 blacktops, one for each car.

not only does the blacktop have these things you mentioned, but 11:1 compression ratio, as opposed to the silvertops 10.5:1, it revs higher, and it's just better overall http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

Monster
22nd November 2005, 09:40 AM
Yeah, the BT has VVTi (Not just VVT) different cam angles, lighter internals, blah blah blah.

BT are slightly harder to put into an 86, the loom is slightly more complicated (plus theres not much info on these) plus the H.A.T but yeah, do a search dude, this topic has been covered heaps!!!

May the seach be with you

mattysshop
22nd November 2005, 11:06 AM
bt's also have weaker rods..they needed to lighten something!! but not overly bad..

jnr 13b
23rd November 2005, 09:48 PM
i have a silvertop.
are you going to use a aftermarket ecu?

I don't really think that the bt is really worth the money.

the money that you spent getting the bt.

you should use that money for cams for the st.

over rebuild the silvertop

jnr 13b
23rd November 2005, 09:49 PM
how much is the bt engine cost anyway?

Gilly
26th November 2005, 05:57 PM
i have a silvertop in my KE70 and wish i'd gotten a black top, they generally have lower klms, can run open throttles standard, with the silver top you have to get an airbox made $$$. wiring should cost you about the same. if you are going to use an aftermarket computer get a st and save some $$$, but if you use standard management get a black top.

my 2c http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

jnr 13b
27th November 2005, 11:07 PM
i would have to agreed with that.

duo
3rd December 2005, 05:14 PM
we have done silver top and black top computers to razorback both run awsome