PDA

View Full Version : Front windscreen wiper blades

Kitten-Trueno
24th November 2005, 01:17 PM
Hi all.

I rang toyota this morning to get a price on some wiper blades.
and He quoted me $14 dollars for the left and $17 for the right. http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/blink.gif

Are they different ? they look the same to me http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

I also got a price on genuine Front brake pads for $69.30

DRFT - 86
24th November 2005, 01:21 PM
I just got whole new assembly from supercheap......... $12 each...

just clips onto the arms (universal) has the wiper blades all and they look better than standard ones..... both of mine are the same size...

Kitten-Trueno
24th November 2005, 01:26 PM
My standard ones are still in good nick but thats nice to know DRFT-86

crazy86
24th November 2005, 01:28 PM
Yeah, I think the Drivers side is bigger, or it might be the other way round. I just bought some replacement universal blades from the local auto shop and cut them to length. Much cheaper that way.

crazy86
24th November 2005, 01:31 PM
Plus car companies make the most commonly used item more expensive. For example, a RH drivers side door seal for a Nissan Pathfinder is about twice the price as the LH, simply because the Drivers side one gets worn out quicker and replacements are used more often, so the market can support a higher price.

DRFT - 86
24th November 2005, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by CRAZY86@Nov 24 2005, 12:31 PM
Plus car companies make the most commonly used item more expensive. For example, a RH drivers side door seal for a Nissan Pathfinder is about twice the price as the LH, simply because the Drivers side one gets worn out quicker and replacements are used more often, so the market can support a higher price.
the sick lil fuckers......... scammin fuckers ahy

Julz01
24th November 2005, 03:56 PM
There are two different widths for the rail on the wiper blade which are 6 and 8 mm, normally i just suggest people to get the ones that have both sizes if there not sure so that at least they can try each one. Then all you need to do is cut the length and its all good from there.

Shiri
24th November 2005, 05:16 PM
Passanger is 480mm
Driver is 500mm

mattysshop
25th November 2005, 07:53 AM
why not go down to supercheap and get some $6 replacements? there just wiper blades!! nothing special JDM takumi specialty things..

the brake pads..just get some ADM 86 pads..for $69 you can get some bendix ultimates or something.. i know different pads for different people..the only thing i get toyota genuine is something that i can't get anywhere else..

Medicine_Man
25th November 2005, 01:23 PM
I think I actually noticed that the actual arms, not the wiper blades on my sprinter are different lengths. I have the same width blades on both wiper arms..

DRFT - 86
25th November 2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Medicine_Man@Nov 25 2005, 12:23 PM
I think I actually noticed that the actual arms, not the wiper blades on my sprinter are different lengths. I have the same width blades on both wiper arms..
yep thats correct I believe.. both my blades are the same length...

chapl
25th November 2005, 02:43 PM
how do you modify it so you only have one wiper blade that does the whole windscreen??
race spec style. lol

DRFT - 86
25th November 2005, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by chapl@Nov 25 2005, 01:43 PM
how do you modify it so you only have one wiper blade that does the whole windscreen??
race spec style. lol
not planning on doing it.. but interested to know how its done as well..?

DRiiFT_King
25th November 2005, 06:59 PM
any one know where i can get some wiper arms, mine are all rusted out, and i have resprayed them twice, damn sea air

DRFT - 86
25th November 2005, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by DRiiFT_King@Nov 25 2005, 05:59 PM
any one know where i can get some wiper arms, mine are all rusted out, and i have resprayed them twice, damn sea air
wreckers maybe... another model rolla would no doubt be compatible...?

mattysshop
28th November 2005, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by DRiiFT_King@Nov 25 2005, 05:59 PM
sand blast them then spray some epoxy etch primer on them pretty much straight away..then smash a coat of 2 pac black on them..a smash repairer would be able to 2 pac them..then you won't have any trouble at all with the sea air http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/cool.gif

Medicine_Man
28th November 2005, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by chapl@Nov 25 2005, 01:43 PM
race spec style. lol
That is illegal if it is not done properly and the cops will defect you quite quickly..

duo
3rd December 2005, 05:00 PM
pink sprinter josh have converted his to one wiper , looks like a lot of f***ing around