PDA

View Full Version : Registering your sprinter?

poh_86
2nd December 2005, 10:50 AM
hey guys im pretty retarded when it comes to rta

but i know you need a pink slip, blue and green

but what needs to be done if you've had your engine swapped? 4ac->4ag

my situation is that i've purchased a sprinter from another state melb, the car still has the melb rego till jul 06

what procedures do i need to register it in sydney?

thanks

DRFT - 86
2nd December 2005, 10:54 AM
Im no expert but I think you just need to go into your local rta and tell them the situation... get the rego transferred into the NSW and into your name.. fees will apply.. not sure if you need to worry about the 4age swap.. tell them its been done and see what they say.. they may tell you to go get a pinkslip (I think) thats RWC isnt it..? because its now in NSW..
good luck anyway..

mattysshop
2nd December 2005, 12:37 PM
i dunno what the rules are over there..but here in qld if doesn't matter what it is.. if it is a major modification like an engine/gearbox..diff..etc etc.. converting a bench seat to buckets from the exact same modle of the car.. you need a mod plate.. even if in afghanistan the car came factory with these items.. this car, here, brnad new from toyota was not optioned with them, and there for was not adr approved for them..

i just got a 18RG celica GT twin cam motor mod plated in the low lux i'm selling..it originally came the the SOHC 18RC.. as there was no mods to the engine mounts fuel system etc etc.. still required a mod plate, cos that car/ute/bike/boat/dog didn't have it in there in the first place..it was as simple as going to a mod plate guy (most RWC places to mod plates/certification) he poped the bonnet, looked at it for 4 secs..'yep..i'll plate that..bet it goes like a shower of shit!' for sure it does mate! carton of piss.. see ya later..

^^ life story ^^

jokes.. matty

Monster
2nd December 2005, 06:00 PM
Oks, if the car is already in your name, then check the engine number on your papers against the number on the block, if this matches, its all sweet. If not, you need a change of details slip (cheap version of a blue slip) and take it to the RTA

crazy86
2nd December 2005, 07:56 PM
To expand on what Loki said, (in NSW) the 4AGE is seen as the same "family" as the 4AC, so you dont need to get it engineered, you just need to go for a "change of engine number". If it has already been done, you should be sweet. A 20v or 4AGZE/TE needs to be engineered

Monster
2nd December 2005, 08:14 PM
*grumble grumble*

crazy86
2nd December 2005, 08:19 PM
*simpsons voice* "Ha-ha"
(directed Loki's way http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/wink.gif )

rthy
4th December 2005, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by CRAZY86@Dec 2 2005, 06:56 PM
To expand on what Loki said, (in NSW) the 4AGE is seen as the same "family" as the 4AC, so you dont need to get it engineered, you just need to go for a "change of engine number". If it has already been done, you should be sweet. A 20v or 4AGZE/TE needs to be engineered
why would a 4age not have to be engeneered but it being different for a 20v?

driftism
5th December 2005, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Sam_Q@Dec 4 2005, 10:20 PM
why would a 4age not have to be engeneered but it being different for a 20v?
20V= more power i guess...

poh_86
5th December 2005, 02:04 PM
i know with the 20v your changing it completely with the engine capacity and also the firewall has to be beaten back?

not sure on that

but in my current situation. would i need a pink slip or blue slip?
if my car gets passed on rego http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

mattysshop
5th December 2005, 02:45 PM
but your upgrading the fuel system from a low pressure to high pressure, and the new motor literally double the power of the 4ac.. don't try and skimp out of it.. for the sake of a few bucks for a certificate/plate i don't think it's worth the risk..

rthy
5th December 2005, 05:59 PM
i know with the 20v your changing it completely with the engine capacity and also the firewall has to be beaten back?[/b]
neither the firewall nor heater needs to be touched for a 20V install, only the ignorant or the stupid do this to a road car. Also it has the same capacity