PDA

View Full Version : efi 4ac

Garage_KooK
4th December 2005, 10:37 AM
well i just put a skyline33 internal fuel pump in my sprinter cause im geting the car ready for my ca18 and i hook it all up to the 4ac now its fueling up big time!!

when i up it, it spits flames when i change gear thats how bad it is

can someone tell me how to stop this so i can drive for the next week??

cheers

Simon-AE86
4th December 2005, 12:51 PM
LOL

you've hooked up a EFI fuel pump to a carby engine, carby fuel systems are only designed to run at a few PSI, while an EFI pump operates at around 50 psi or so.

so yes, you're pumping shit loads of fuel into the float bowls and its over flowing into the engine more then likely.

dont people research before carrying out mods these days?

decoyslikecurves
4th December 2005, 03:14 PM
hahahahaha.... yeah take that pump off.

seek
4th December 2005, 03:55 PM
Moved to tech section

Julz01
4th December 2005, 04:40 PM
Im suprised that the fuel lines are talking the efi fuel pressure, they will proably break soon and it would become dangerous, I would suggest not driving the car.

StockAE86
4th December 2005, 05:36 PM
Would a fuel pressure regulator help matters?
Just a thought, not sure if it would work though.

Cheers
Paul

mc68
4th December 2005, 05:41 PM
how the shit does adding an electric fuel pump to a carby engine make it efi?

lol people need some help.

EVIL 86
4th December 2005, 06:19 PM
dude i think as he stated that he is doin a engine conversion and did the pump first

thus making it spit flames

Dorio86
4th December 2005, 06:57 PM
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/laugh.gif bye bye catalyst

EVIL 86
4th December 2005, 09:06 PM
stock 4ac exausts dont run catalyctic converters

Garage_KooK
4th December 2005, 09:10 PM
yeah i no its a bit stupid and i did do my research and change all my lines i just disconected it and it still goin so its all cool i only need the 4ac to keep me going for a week so i dont care if it blows it just going to go in my boat as an anchor

oh and its 2and1/4 straight through thats why shes flameing

Dorio86
4th December 2005, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Julz01@Dec 4 2005, 03:40 PM
Im suprised that the fuel lines are talking the efi fuel pressure, they will proably break soon and it would become dangerous, I would suggest not driving the car.
How does that happen?

Dorio86
4th December 2005, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by EVIL 86@Dec 4 2005, 08:06 PM
stock 4ac exausts dont run catalyctic converters
I just checked under the car, your right. eheheh.

RobertoX
6th December 2005, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Dorio86+Dec 4 2005, 09:09 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Julz01@Dec 4 2005, 03:40 PM
How does that happen? [/b]
because carby lines are not rated to the pressure that an efi pump will produce. They will eventually burst and your fuel pump will put fuel all over the place.

Kook, did you hook the fuel pump up to any sort of kill relay? So that it automatically shuts off when the engine stops? Just imagine if you crash the car and the engine stops and you are unconscious in the drivers seat and your pump is pumping fuel at 60psi into the engine bay!

Whilst what you have done is pretty funny its also incredibly stupid! I hope that you arent doing the engine conversion yourself!

Garage_KooK
6th December 2005, 09:52 PM
yeah mate its all done right and i will be doin the conversion my self well most of it

the fuel pump is not even running no more i only started the post cause i didnt think the car was gonna run wit out it but it dose so its all good

Garage_KooK
6th December 2005, 10:28 PM
just got a call from the bloke i was buying the ca off he rekons its not worth it the engine is f*#ked http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/dry.gif so i done all this for nothing now have to look for a new engine http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/angry.gif